• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

35 Minutes of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Chabbles

Will watch in the tub.
Sounds dangerous.

ibcyP7jQ2yNzjR.gif

Edit,
Seeding @2+mb

iNvid02

good to finally see all the fragmented coverage over the past few months in one piece, glad i didnt watch it on yt, it just murders the detail.

will seed til 1:1 at least

kingocfs

Looks so goddamn good, so much great attention to detail. Only watched the beginning, though. I'm ready to play it now.

but my PC isn't

MadD4mon

I really like the scene with
the old woman and three ladies on the tapestry. With the three voices and all
. Can't wait!

The map only seems to cover this area (although I cant really spot Oxenfurt, maybe that island on the right in the river, with the icon)

_witcherworld_mapsmalbiznw.png

Yup, that seems more like it.

Does the game world consist of the entire Northern Kindgoms actually? We know that Kaer Morhen is in the game aswell and that is basically in the north east end of the entire map.

I really like the scene with
the old woman and three ladies on the tapestry. With the three voices and all
. Can't wait!

I thought the ladies of the wood were a pure spiritual entity, when I saw the woman touching the tapestry and talking. My face when the I reached the end part o_O

Man, those graphics were incredible, and that storytelling was soooo well done. The Witcher team has just nailed engaging storytelling, even Bioware is put to shame by it (imo).

I hope this is inly a tiny sliver of the world, I can't wait to spend hours and hours just exploring.

Might as well wait until tomorrow so there is a server where I can download that file faster from. Having to wait 4-5 hours for a torrent is a bit too much on my end.

kencey

Awesome. Already pre-ordered :)

A few things tho:

- Geralt voice actor is too robotic @33:10
"why did you cut off your ear?"

- Too easy (although they are probably playing on Easy-mode.)

- Animations are a little stiff

Blinck

How can they upload such a choppy and clunky video ? :(

Game seems fantastic but I really want a high-quality video for this.

P.S. - I'm hoping it's the video and not actual stutter and tearing problems in the game.

EDIT: Downloading the gamersyde video, let's hope its good :)

Adry9

I'm going to assume that this is running on Ultra on a PC and the optimization part of the development hasn't started yet. Otherwise we are going to have a tough time trying to run this game at 60 fps hahah.

I'm going to assume that this is running on Ultra on a PC and the optimization part of the development hasn't started yet. Otherwise we are going to have a tough time trying to run this game at 60 fps hahah.

Yeah, I would assume (or at least hope) that optimization hasn't even started yet. The FPS took a hit a few times there, so if it isn't running perfect on whatever they're using, I'm completely screwed haha.

SpyGuy239

jesus christ, they weren't kidding when they said that 6 minute trailer was a TEASER. WELL DONE CDP.

Torrenitng the 5.22Gb file now and going to play witcher 2 in the meantime!

This might be the first Witcher game I'll play for longer than hour. Hopefully the combat has improved since that was pretty much the reason I skipped the previous games. Also the framerate seemed bad and stuttering during the city scenes, which seems to be a problem for a lot of new games. It's really annoying when you enter a more dense area and suddenly the engine starts to have a seizure due to cpu bottlenecking.

jesus christ! they need to sort out the technical difficulties(the E3 demo had similar problems), the jitter is just super annoying and nauseating, so is the the awful pop-in.

Is Kaer Morhen only accessible by fast travel then? That's the only way I could think of getting there.

One of three:

-you can go only with fast travel
-when you visit it it's a specific story moment and you don't have control over it
-they "moved" the castle ruins to a closer place. The same way they have moved three places together.

That seems like a pretty uninformed reason to describe the stuttering. The game is more than half a year away, it still has tons of unoptimized code to be sorted through.

That's the primary reason for low fps and stutters in games such as ACIV and Watch Dogs. It's inevitable with dense areas with lots of AI other CPU consuming processes. Sure they'll optimize Witcher, but unlike people claim, games don't magically gain massive performance gains at the end of development, unless the dev is really inept at using its engine. You get some exta performance with better graphics driver optimization, but that does very little for CPU bottlenecks, unless you're talking things like Mantle.

Adry9

jesus christ! they need to sort out the technical difficulties(the E3 demo had similar problems), the jitter is just super annoying and nauseating, so is the the awful pop-in.

Calm down, they are making they best looking game ever and they still have 6 months untill release.

Vidpixel

I want to watch this, but I don't at the same time. I want this experience to be as fresh as possible for me once it finally comes out.

Can't down load the nicer feed at work, but is the jittering less in that than on YouTube? I'm not one normally bothered by low FPS but the jittering on that was immediately noticable and distacting for me.

3bdelilah

Banned
Looks fantastic! The best part might as well be the fact that cities and even buildings are accessible without constant loading screens. I hope this will be a standard for future open-world WRPG's.

Edit: by the way, I'm not sure if system requirements have already been officially released (I've found several contradicting ones on Google), but should an i5 4670k + Sapphire R9 280x Dual-X be able to handle this on High with 30+ fps? TW3 looks like a monster to handle, but I hear CDPR's pc games are very well optimised.

That... was...awesome. I never played a Witcher game before. But i want this.
Incredibly well crafted world. And the music!!

Video didn't run very smooth though... was that youtube, my computer, or the game?

Trickster

Shame that pretty much only the last couple of minutes was new footage.

Still though, looks great as always. Only things I didn't like were the animations and framerate which seemed pretty low

I can't figure it out either. This one here is supposed to be the Pontar, right?

Gors Velen isn't on the map then I think. So the Brokilon shouldn't be seen in that part of the map either.

Yeah thats the pontar.

The map only seems to cover this area (although I cant really spot Oxenfurt, maybe that island on the right in the river, with the icon)

Cities dont seem to appear in the map as the typical city icons (Novigrad does not appear like that for example), so i suppose its still there somewhere.

Well, of course it doesn't follow the original geography closely, they have adapted it to their needs. Their needs is to have three areas: Novigrad and outskirts, Skellige Islands and Noman's Lands is a terrain the size of slightly bigger Skyrim, which really isn't that much in pure km2. It isn't "realistic".
Elder Scrolls are the same, reading the lore a province of the continent is supposed to be the size of France, and then when we can visit it in a game it's a 8x8km2 square.

As the commenter says, travelling on horse to No man's Land would meant a 15 minute journey, when in the books it's more like a 2 weeks journey. In theory it's around the Cintra area, if I remember right. And Skellige islands are set more apart.

Of course, I completly understand that. Thats not the problem im seeing. The problem is, that if they travelled to the novigrad outskirts like some posters are saying, thats NOT no mans land, and still the dev say it is (the heart of it, he even says). Of course its not going to be geographically correct to the maximum detail, but things like Brokilon, Yarra River and Cintra had to already appear in that map if that was really No Mans Land. We are not talking about some little details here, we are talking about a river with the same importance as the Pontar, the biggest and most important forest in the northern kingdoms and a destroyed city important for Ciri, and Skellige are just besides Cintra, so they are not that appart from the coast. And yet the only thing I see is a huge mass of water that doesnt even exist in any of the maps.
One thing is reescaling things for a game, something that is completly understandable, and the other is taking away important landmarks and putting some new ones.

Maybe the map is cut in zones and that is indeed only Novigrads outskirts, but then we have to remeber they told it was a seamless world without loading screens or chapters.
Still we need to know where places like Skellige, Vizima and Kaer Mohren appear in the map and how far they are from Novigrad.

3bdelilah

Banned
That... was...awesome. I never played a Witcher game before. But i want this.
Incredibly well crafted world. And the music!!

Video didn't run very smooth though... was that youtube, my computer, or the game?

Well I don't know what kind of computer you have, but I do have a pretty nice rig and I had the same thing. It's just YouTube compressing the footage.

Only watched 3 minutes because I didn't want to get too spoiled.

Boy, this game is looking mighty fine. I got the same sense of wonder that I felt when I first saw that E3 demo of Oblivion... But this is on a whole different scale.

Pre-ordered.

Top Bottom