• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

35 Minutes of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Not a hope in hell. That was absolutely PC, and probably at Ultra. I think they did Xbone at E3, and it was noticeably worse looking than this.

Pretty much.

There's an almost certain quarantee that it will probably be 720p30fps on both consoles with the PS4 having a slight edge in the graphical departement.

That PC footage is probably on an 770 GTX and what not.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Pretty much.

There's an almost certain quarantee that it will probably be 720p30fps on both consoles with the PS4 having a slight edge in the graphical departement.

That PC footage is probably on an 770 GTX and what not.
Already confirmed to be 900/30 on XBO and 1080/30 on PS4.

Tigress

Not a hope in hell. That was absolutely PC, and probably at Ultra. I think they did Xbone at E3, and it was noticeably worse looking than this.

Is there footage we can see from xbox one or preferably PS4 (I have a PS4 but be fine with just seeing what's the worst I can expect)?

erawsd

Is there footage we can see from xbox one or preferably PS4 (I have a PS4 but be fine with just seeing what's the worst I can expect)?

The Demo from the MS E3 conference is running on an Xbox. Most striking difference is in the Griffin's fur.

I believe (not 100% sure) that this stage demo was confirmed to be Xbone footage. It's still gorgeous, but not quite up to this new video.

No PS4 footage yet, CDPR is working closely with Microsoft on the marketing. I don't think we'll ever see PS4 footage in the marketing videos, that will need to come from the press.

Also, I don't know what's changed since the whole "added power without kinect" thing, but CDPR said a long time ago that attaining a higher resolution was easier on PS4. I don't know if either will be 1080, but there's a good chance PS4 will be a bit higher. Realistically, whatever graphical flourishes are left out between PC and Xbone, I also expect to be left out of PS4. I would assume the only difference between Xbone and PS4 is the resolution.

Tigress

I believe (not 100% sure) that this stage demo was confirmed to be Xbone footage. It's still gorgeous, but not quite up to this new video.

No PS4 footage yet, CDPR is working closely with Microsoft on the marketing. I don't think we'll ever see PS4 footage in the marketing videos, that will need to come from the press.

Also, I don't know what's changed since the whole "added power without kinect" thing, but CDPR said a long time ago that attaining a higher resolution was easier on PS4. I don't know if either will be 1080, but there's a good chance PS4 will be a bit higher.

Oh wow, noticeably different in quality (if I notice that's pretty big ;) ). A little jealous of PC players. But, that's my compromise for not wanting to give my Mac up and can't really afford two computers (especially if we're talking about a Mac and a PC decked up to be a good gaming rig, neither of which are known to be cheap).

R_Deckard

Also, I don't know what's changed since the whole "added power without kinect" thing, but CDPR said a long time ago that attaining a higher resolution was easier on PS4. I don't know if either will be 1080, but there's a good chance PS4 will be a bit higher.
XboxOne is confirmed minimum 900p and PS4 1080 so what we see here is a PC version with some serious framerate issues and huge popin.

But months of optimising to be done and when it all gets sorted out so expect big improvements from this. Not convinced this is ultra though, think it might be high as Gerald's hair is not enough over the very, very impressive x1 showing.

Denton

Looking at the video again I noticed the fur on the head Garalt's horse is carrying is moving. Seems it's using the fur PhysX they use for the wolves too on nVidia cards.
The hairworks tech should work on both AMD and nVidia. Remains to be seen how optimized it is though.

ShutterMunster

Looks phenomenal, but jesus what is up with the voice work? All these game protagonists sound the same. Gruff, monotone voice like they've been smoking KOOLs their whole life. A little imagination goes a long way.

Love the new combat kill animations. Have always wanted a game with this kind of visual quality where enemies break apart where you slash them at. Geralt does seem like much more of a pretty boy now, maybe it's the eyes? Want to see the beard look!

Looks phenomenal, but jesus what is up with the voice work? All these game protagonists sound the same. Gruff, monotone voice like they've been smoking KOOLs their whole life. A little imagination goes a long way.

I'd be pretty dead inside if these monsters existed in real life :p

Nick Pal

Woohoo yes! Thank you for finding this..can't get enough Witcher 3 videos. This is my most anticipated game for next year.

Sorry to say it, but honestly, you are a unique, delicate flower in this regard. :p

99% of people won't notice the geography is wrong, because they don't know the world geography presented in the books and barely mentioned in other games (as both games were played in very small locations). From the 1% that will notice, most of them won't care a lot.

They will put some forestry area and some hills as you go south from Novigrad, eventually you will reach a more wasteland-y area, which they will refer to it as NML, and they will call it a day.

Nah, if this were not CDProject maybe, but they care too much of the books and their fans to don't do things right. If they are not there, is becuase those zones are not in the game.
As I said, im not crazy guy that will get mad and not buy the game becuase its not accurate enough, as a developer I know cuts need to be done for games like this, would be impossible to do them if not, and being CDP I know they are not going to do things badly only becuase its easier for them but they will desing cuts and changes accordingly.

It's not really like we have seen the whole map yet, we know there are confirmed things not showing there already.

His voice is actually pretty nice and his work (not putting too much emotion) similar to what the book describes (also states his voice is quite unpleasant).

XboxOne is confirmed minimum 900p and PS4 1080 so what we see here is a PC version with some serious framerate issues and huge popin.

But months of optimising to be done and when it all gets sorted out so expect big improvements from this. Not convinced this is ultra though, think it might be high as Gerald's hair is not enough over the very, very impressive x1 showing.

If that's high, then I am stoked as all hell. My rig will absolutely be able to pump out high at 1080/60.

Kezen

Banned
The hairworks tech should work on both AMD and nVidia. Remains to be seen how optimized it is though.

Hairworks works on both Radeon and Geforce indeed. That being said it's possible it will run worse on AMD because they are not entitled to the Gameworks source code.

Sentenza

His voice is actually pretty nice and his work (not putting too much emotion) similar to what the book describes (also states his voice is quite unpleasant).
Yeah, I didn't read much of the books, but in a short story I remember some mention about Geralt's voice sounding a bit monotone and vaguely metallic.

Valnen

Really hoping PS4 looks almost just as good as this or at least almost as good. I really don't want to have to buy this on PC.

Ultra? Hopefully not, there's a ton of aliasing.

Denton

Geralt's voice is literally flawless 100% perfection, and I say that as someone who read first Witcher book in 1999 being 12 years old at the time.
Hairworks works on both Radeon and Geforce indeed. That being said it's possible it will run worse on AMD because they are not entitled to the Gameworks source code.

Yeah but then again AMD GCN is in both consoles, so I hope CDP will optimize it well themselves. Mantle support would be nice though, shame they did not confirm if it will happen yet.

MBR

Banned
It's been a while since game footage sent shivers down my spine. This did it several times.

It seems it'll be time for me to get a new GPU when this comes out.

Kezen

Banned
Yeah but then again AMD GCN is in both consoles, so I hope CDP will optimize it well themselves. Mantle support would be nice though, shame they did not confirm if it will happen yet.
I'd not expect Mantle support but CDProjekt have no interest in ensuring good performance on only 60% of the PC market. It will run well on AMD GPUs but the Nvidia specific (not exclusive) effects are a wildcard.
Here is a list of next-gen features the RedEngine supports :
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34001768
bloom shafts
aerial perspective fog
volume based translucency
semi-volumetric clouds
fur simulation
flexible water simulation
forward lit soft particles
water tessellation
screen space decals
DirectX 11 terrain tessellation
screen space real-time reflections

Even though the video is labelled "Nvidia effects" I fully expect all of these to make their way into console skus as well.

I'm getting this via bitorrent. I'll be sure to leave it open to help you guys out. Thanks blim.

Also, old news - but this is obviously the xbox one version judging by the controller. Or it could be PC with a xbox controller, who knows.

EDIT: I think CDprojekt said the PS4 version will be similar to high settings on PC. But they are going to do a very well PC version with fantastic ultra settings. A lot of console games are a wash between PC and console, but for those with a rig to handle it on ultra, you'd be foolish not to get the PC version. They aren't ubisoft guys, the PC version will rock.

boskee

That 5.2gb footage is amazing. This really is one of the best looking games out there, and the amount of details is fantastic. I can't wait.

misho8723

Banned
I'm getting this via bitorrent. I'll be sure to leave it open to help you guys out. Thanks blim.

Also, old news - but this is obviously the xbox one version judging by the controller. Or it could be PC with a xbox controller, who knows.

EDIT: I think CDprojekt said the PS4 version will be similar to high settings on PC. But they are going to do a very well PC version with fantastic ultra settings. A lot of console games are a wash between PC and console, but for those with a rig to handle it on ultra, you'd be foolish not to get the PC version. They aren't ubisoft guys, the PC version will rock.

PC version

Kezen

Banned

Ubisoft also packs their PC offerings with better-than-current-gen graphical settings.

Watch Dogs at ultra settings has over the PS4 sku :
-Better LOD
-Better shadows
-Better AO
-Higher quality water (more tessellation)
-Better reflections
-1080p resolution and above
-Higher framerate possible.

Valnen

PC version

Can't be anywhere close to max settings though, doesn't look anywhere near good enough. Surely they can make consoles push these visuals.

Witcher 2 runs pretty bad with ubersampling on =/. And it doesn't even have good AA options beyond that.

Ubisoft also packs their PC offerings with better-than-current-gen graphical settings.
-Better LOD
-Better shadows
-Better AO
-Better reflections

Too bad Ubi can't optimize worth shit.

-Better LOD
-Better shadows
-Better AO
-Better reflections

I wouldn't expect any less when the price of the graphics card alone is the same/more than the cost of a PS4 and Xbox One.

In the PS2 era it was a real problem because there was a sense that PS2 being the lead platform held everyone back. I am glad it's not so anymore!

Very nice interview, glad to hear that they finally started optimizing it. Hopefully my laptop can run it on lowest at 20 fps.
i_know_that_feel_brohus21.jpg

just finished downloading the gamersyde version.

Kezen

Banned
Too bad Ubi can't optimize worth shit.
Stuttering was pretty bad for a lot of people but speaking for myself it was very, very subtle and the latest patch has completely eliminated it on my end.

To get back to the Witcher 3 it's obvious ultra settings will be very, very demanding and unfortunately I can see some screaming "unoptimized" as soon as the game does not run as well as they think it should.
CDProjekt should not be concerned with that. They should push the tech as far as they can on PC.

Momentary

Banned
Damn. The 5gb download looks amazing, but not without mentioning some jarring faults. There's a lot of juttering. The only thing running at 60fps was the title screen. I didn't watch all 35 minutes, but from what I saw there weren't any other sections running at 60. Hopefully this game isn't running on high end hardware. Because the performance wasn't that good.

War Eagle

I wonder how close to this it will look on PS4. I have a 780 Ti, but it's downstairs in my room, while my PS4 is upstairs in my greatroom hooked up to an 80" TV with surround sound. I can't not play this on the 80".

valkyre

Amazing graphical fidelity , but a lot of framerate fluctuations/stuttering and totaly embarrasing amount of pop in...

Valnen

Amazing graphical fidelity , but a lot of framerate fluctuations and totaly embarrasing amount of pop in...

Yeah I think this must be the Xbox One version. The graphics are great but not THAT great. Unless they used a garbage PC to demo this on.

Top Bottom