• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

knitoe said:
Yes. My Jasper is much more quiet than my PS3 fat. Installed games are almost whisper quiet. I can only imagine Slim even more quiet.

My Jasper is noisier than my PS3 fat. Noisy fan bearings, though some of my friends with Jaspers seem to have quieter bearings. Also, my PS3 fat is the final model that is even quieter than the slim.

Trickster

cjelly said:
Controller is slightly different colour scheme, but D-pad looks the same.

4700398833_3b21016880_b.jpg

The Kinect is huge :O

LongDongJunon said:
Same here but I was back into a corner. Still I shoulda waited. I'm sure gamestop will have some deal to trade and old one in to get half price off but it still hurts.

I believed the rumors and held off on buying a new 360 (glad I did) seriously my Halo 3 special edition 360 is missing the case and is just a mobo sitting there and I have to press on a chip to make the graphic issues go away.. but it still works and I got through RDR!

Bring on the SLIM!

Reposting for new page.

Wormdundee said:
Don't know if this was posted yet. I have a source that tells me that the new controllers bundled with the slim will take AA rechargeables batteries, and these batteries will be able to be charged via the controller through microUSB to the console.

All "buttons" are now capacitive touch like the original PS3 eject (except for the wireless sync button).

Pretty sure it was said that the old drives don't work in this revision since it's a new form factor.

Dedicated port for Kinect as on legacy consoles you'll have to use a breakout with usb port/power connection. I will assume that this has been posted

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/4700188445/sizes/o/in/set-72157624274842982/

The AUX port is the dedicated Kinect port.

Also, there is still an external power brick for the slim but it is tiny in comparison to the original.

Sorry if any of this is already posted. Source is definitely reliable so these are all fact.

rayner said:
Still $299? Only addition is built-in wifi? Man that's weak...

Smaller
Internal PS (maybe rumor)
Quieter

???

I don't think anyone should rush and and replace their working elites but for people that dont have one or need a replacement its perfect!

Was the old $299 price in the US for the black elite? trying to work out UK price for the slim when it hits next month.

Elite's here are £189, regular console with 60gig is £169 I think, so it's going to be one of those prices.

Props to MS for keeping that release window under wraps, no way was I expecting that sort of announcement.

Definitely interested in the Slim, but it'll have to wait until the end of the year. My 3yr warranty is up this December, so if anything happens after that date I know what I'll be doing. Otherwise my Falcon will be relocated to my GFs house :D

burgerdog

I have a falcon elite and with games installed it's whisper quiet. Everybody with a drive larger than 20gb should install their games, noise becomes a thing of the past.
Need gaf detectives to figure if we can transfer our current files!

entremet

burgerdog said:
I need to find out if you can transfer your current hdd files to the new one asap. Once that's figured out I'm so buying one and getting rid of my elite.
I seriously doubt MS will put out another transfer cable. You'll most likely need to use a USB drive to transfer your saves and re-download any XBLA games or DLC.

Gorgon

the new controllers bundled with the slim will take AA rechargeables batteries, and these batteries will be able to be charged via the controller through microUSB to the console.

Fucking finally. It was one of the most retarded shits I hated about the 360. Now with built in Wii-Fi and a 250 GB HD....I may actually buy one (if there are a good number of exclusives I actually want, that is).

Rainier

pxleyes said:
Convenience is a small price to pay when you play those games what, once, maybe twice a year?
Dude, why are you even in this thread? Obviously you have no interest in any of this, except to slam it. Ya, the PS3 is awesome, but aren't there any games you wanna play that you can only get on the xbox? Or, do you not give a shit about games... and if so, why are you even in this thread?

[/QUOTE]

Shit, that is a big add-on.

RPS37

I want to know a little more details, but I'm honestly sold on "quieter".
I'm so sick of my current 360.

Mithos

Art Teitlebaum said:
Looks good to me. Waiting for the Euro price, but most likely I will take the bait.

First Swedish webshop has put up the new 360 with price (maybe not an official price but....)

360slim: 2995sek ~ $375 ~ 310euro

*sigh* hope its gonna be much lower.....

JetBlackPanda said:
Smaller
Quieter

???

I don't think anyone should rush and and replace their working elites but for people that dont have one or need a replacement its perfect!

Power brick is still external, just much smaller.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Their manufacturing costs have gone down with the new chip/mobo, smaller power supply, etc. It's also been a while since the last price drop. I would have expected them to offer a slim arcade for $180, tops.
Bringing the entry level (after closeout stock is cleared) back to where it started almost five years ago is suicide. (in terms of market share) With this, and MS supposedly pricing Kinect far higher than cost, I have to think that MS is giving up on consoles.

noah111

Still Alive
Design wise it looks decent imo, some shots it's beautiful and in others it comes off as way too blocky/edged. Either way it's about time they take some cues from Sony (glossy design, usb charging, built in etc). We have any good size comparisons though? Doesn't look much slimmer tbh. Either way nice to see something new, also fits with the Kinect design as I said pre-E3.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Mithos said:
First Swedish webshop has put up the new 360 with price (maybe not an official price but....)

360slim: 2995sek ~ $375 ~ 310euro

*sigh* hope its gonna be much lower.....
Probably not though.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Valkyr Junkie said:
No, because they realize how retarded that would be given the fact that the console isn't any slimmer at all. Sony never even referred to the new PS3 SKU as the "slim"
True, point taken.

Pctx

Banned
Rainier said:
Dude, why are you even in this thread? Obviously you have no interest in any of this, except to slam it. Ya, the PS3 is awesome, but aren't there any games you wanna play that you can only get on the xbox? Or, do you not give a shit about games... and if so, why are you even in this thread?

Shit, that is a big add-on.[/QUOTE]
PixyEyes has a calling card of shitting up threads when the dust has settled. No real surprises from him on that.

Pimpbaa

Wow, it is considerably smaller, shiny, standard power cable (no power brick!). Ugly design somewhat redeemed.

From the conference...

4ghi8h.jpg

Not a bad reduction given the HDD and the PSU are now internal (or so it seems based on the connectors).

ReBurn

Gold Member
I never make predictions, but I predict that when the current lot of Elites is gone for $249 each that this guy is going to get a $50 price reduction for the holiday season and/or a bundle with Kinect for that $299 price point.

entremet

MS would have hit it out of the park if this thing was priced at 200. Really missed opportunity here. HDDs are super cheap these and these guys are buying wholesale in bulk.

GoutPatrol said:
Oi. Just got a new Xbox a month ago too.
Weren't following the news and rumors? I made a thread about it and everyone told me to wait for e3. Glad I did.

knitoe

X-Frame said:
I feel like I need to wait until I hear if this model will suffer from the RROD for another 3 years...
Jasper pretty much corrected that issue already . And, you would be crazy not to think Microsoft wouldn't have tested the shit out of the Slim design to make sure that's not outside of standard 3% failure rate on all electronic hardware. After loosing billions, people don't make the same mistake. This kind of talk is just the continue trolling BS.

chris0701

Sentry said:
Design wise it looks decent imo, some shots it's beautiful and in others it comes off as way too blocky/edged. Either way it's about time they take some cues from Sony (glossy design, usb charging, built in etc). We have any good size comparisons though? Doesn't look much slimmer tbh. Either way nice to see something new, also fits with the Kinect design as I said pre-E3.

I think it is about 10%+ smaller.

However,the new design really fits Kinetic.It is more rebrand than Slim-it-down.

orion434

JetBlackPanda said:
Smaller
Quieter

???

I was expecting at least a $50 price-drop... or at least kinects packaged in.

burgerdog

entrement said:
I seriously doubt MS will put out another transfer cable. You'll most likely need to use a USB drive to transfer your saves and re-download any XBLA games or DLC.
I have two transfer cables(no idea why MS sent me one) so that's not a problem.

whitehawk

Banned
jamesinclair said:
299?

Worst generation ever.

ITS BEEN 5 YEARS AND I STILL HAVEN'T BOUGHT A CURRENT GEN CONSOLE WTF.

I cant be the only one who refuses to join the HD generation until decent prices right?

Edit: yes I see arcade is 149. Ok, but still not good enough. The 12 SKUs this generation sucks.

Only Nintendo has it right. One wii. End of story.
Fixed.

f3niks

I'm really interested in more info on how the HDDs are going to be handled. I saw that they are internal this time around on the post presser show but they didn't go into whether or not they were going to be user upgradeable.

Top Bottom