• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Thunder Force III confirmed in Archives 3 (JP) for 3DS, Sega buys Technosoft's IPs

AmyS

Next time I see Steve, I'll give him guff for that 4.

Haha, be sure to do so. Steve is awesome tho, I wouldn't have become a hardcore gamer if it hadn't been for Electronic Gaming Monthly. I ended up getting a Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 within 6 months of each other in 1990.

I remember being crazy in love with Herzog Zwei when I got it for Genesis (not knowing what it was), and it became a big thing between a few friends and I. Some of that music is still burned into my brain, such as "Funeral March for the Metal Knights".

I remember becoming addicted to Herzog Zwei within a few hours of playing it for the first time, July 1990. Nothing else like it back then.

Still wish we would have gotten this, though:

herzog.jpg

Hell yes, so much.

At least there's a good chance of a 3DS version.

xemumanic

MUSHA (Aleste) is Compile, not Technosoft. D4 Enterprise owns it and all Compile's other IP (Madou Monogatari, Zanac, Golvellius, Guardic, Guru Logic Champ, Randar no Bouken, Rune Master, Lunar Pool, Gorby's Pipeline, etc) except for Puyo Puyo which Sega owns.

I know it's not Technosoft but there was some goings on on Twitter recently that made it seem like it was possible.

AmyS

Excuse the bump, but this must have been one of the sources for the Herzog Zwei game for 32X.

EGM² issue 7 - January 1995.

Z31R5S8.jpg

Next time I see Steve, I'll give him guff for that 4.

I'd love to know Steve's reaction if you did :)

On another note, I'd love it if Sega & M2 could bring over Blast Wind to PS4 or Switch at some point.

I bought both Thunder Force 3 and Lightening Force (TF4) from a yard sale early last year. I'd heard a lot about them but never played either.

I enjoyed 3 but 4 might have been legitimately the best game I played in 2015. I play a lot of retro games but it's rare that one really lights that fire without any nostalgia involved. The game was challenging without being frustrating, looked beautiful, and holy fucking shit that soundtrack. I love the way the Genesis sounds and it quickly became my favorite Genesis soundtrack even over games like Contra Hard Corps. It has some really memorable moments and I've replayed it frequently since then.

Yes. Yesssssss.

Top Bottom