• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS December Update Thread

Roto13

Thing is, they dropped the price quite a bit shortly after the release. Thats why I use the term "ripped off"

It isn't normal for a console to drop fast like that. Who would've bought it if they knew it would drop that fast in price?

And who would have bought a Wii a month before the last price drop if they knew? You not knowing what being ripped off is is why you use the term "ripped off." Nintendo thought the 3DS would sell for $250. More importantly, you thought it was worth $250. You weren't tricked, you weren't forced into anything, you weren't lied to, and you certainly weren't ripped off. You're just butthurt because I guess that's the kind of person you are.

Thing is, they dropped the price quite a bit shortly after the release. Thats why I use the term "ripped off"

It isn't normal for a console to drop fast like that. Who would've bought it if they knew it would drop that fast in price?

So what you're saying is that you bought a 3DS because you thought it was going to be $250 for a good while, not because you wanted one and thought $250 was a reasonable asking price for what it offered?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
MS dropped the MSRP of the Xbox by $100 7 months after launch. Nintendo dropped the MSRP of the GCN by $50 7 months after launch. In both cases early adopters got jack shit.

Early electronic adopters; this is how it works. If you want to save money, buy a year after an electronic launches. Otherwise people should shut up, because the companies owe you nothing.

If I had known the choice was buying it for £200 and eventually getting some free NES and GBA games or waiting four months to save £50, I would still have bought it on launch. I'd have probably done the same without the ambassador programme, actually.

And who would have bought a Wii a month before the last price drop if they knew? You not knowing what being ripped off is is why you use the term "ripped off." Nintendo thought the 3DS would sell for $250. More importantly, you thought it was worth $250. You weren't tricked, you weren't forced into anything, you weren't lied to, and you certainly weren't ripped off. You're just butthurt because I guess that's the kind of person you are.

Again, lame comparison. A console that just got released is a whole different thing to a console in the middle of its lifecycle.

Every time a 3DS thread derails into "omg sucky ambassador games" I think to myself: "OH BOY! AT CHUCK E CHEESE I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN EXTRA TOKENS ROWARDS ANYTHING AND A PIZZA WHISTLE OH BOY!"

BTW, I remember when MS dropped the price with xbox. They gave you a controller and two games in return. Atleast here where I live. Thats what I call a good deal

Roto13

And that set you on a path towards a lifetime of self entitlement?
Again, lame comparison. A console that just got released is a whole different thing to a console in the middle of its lifecycle.

Well, I hope you didn't buy a PS3 early in its life, because those people didn't get or deserve anything for it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe someone should start a 'Do you feel ripped off by the 3DS' thread, so we can stop derailing all other 3DS threads.

So, how far is everyone in Find Mii II? I beat the Ultimate Ghost again, but.. it was not the end. :O

Maybe someone should start a 'Do you feel ripped off by the 3DS' thread, so we can stop derailing all other 3DS threads.

So, how far is everyone in Find Mii II? I beat the Ultimate Ghost again, but.. it was not the end. :O

Wat....,. After beating him you have to beat another thing!?

No thanks to any more stupid 3DS threads or threads where the range of discussion only extends as far as whatever the OP wants to whinge about.

Truth101

Banned
Yeah without a doubt....most of the people don't give a **** about most of the VC games. (if not all)

So, in essence you are upset with yourself for being an uninformed consumer that just buys new electronics the second they are released. Not because there is something the electronic can do or play that you want, but because it is a novelty. When the price drops you realize that you really didn't want or need the electronic at the time you got is and should have waited till it was cheaper or could do something you wanted.

You know I get upset at my own stupidity, too.

I'm tempted to mess with the clock so I can play more Find Mii 2. The coin requirement for those of not getting a bunch of StreetPasses is really steep. The game is so good too.

bitoriginal

So guys, to use the streetpass games, presumably I actually have to meet people via streetpass? I mean, I can't play Mario Kart online and get the hits required to get the puzzle pieces etc? Because if so, it's sadly a feature I'll never get anything out of.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Now I wait for demo's to happen on the eShop.

The 3D recording and stop motion stuff is pretty cool - and I was done all the puzzles in the Mii Plaza so I'm glad there's more.

beje

Banned
So guys, to use the streetpass games, presumably I actually have to meet people via streetpass? I mean, I can't play Mario Kart online and get the hits required to get the puzzle pieces etc? Because if so, it's sadly a feature I'll never get anything out of.

Yup, you have to (omg!) go outside and get hits. If you don't, at least you can use the coins from the pedometer to hire cats and dogs instead.

jrronimo

One way that might verify that the Ambassador status has transferred to a new system would be for one of you fine, intelligent (and probably good-looking) individuals who has already done this to pave the way for the rest of us to go into the eShop and try to /re/download one of the Ambassador games. (You might have to delete one in advance; just to be safe I'd pick one you're not super fond of, like maybe NES Open Golf for me.) I guess the true test would be when the GBA games come out.

My assumption is that: If you *can* re-download & play the game, then your The Everything has transferred properly to the new system. If you *cannot* re-download & play the game, then the Ambassador status is not valid for the new system.

Also, to you brave individuals who already took the plunge, on behalf of Zelda 3DS purchasers such as myself: Thanks.

jrronimo

how many times can you system transfer games & are ambassador games available for transfer?

The Ambassador games do transfer, yes; it was mentioned on page one or two. It's still not 100% certain if Ambassador status transfers, though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
One way that might verify that the Ambassador status has transferred to a new system would be for one of you fine, intelligent (and probably good-looking) individuals who has already done this to pave the way for the rest of us to go into the eShop and try to /re/download one of the Ambassador games. (You might have to delete one in advance; just to be safe I'd pick one you're not super fond of, like maybe NES Open Golf for me.) I guess the true test would be when the GBA games come out.

My assumption is that: If you *can* re-download & play the game, then your The Everything has transferred properly to the new system. If you *cannot* re-download & play the game, then the Ambassador status is not valid for the new system.

Also, to you brave individuals who already took the plunge, on behalf of Zelda 3DS purchasers such as myself: Thanks.
Or you can just read this.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/data_transfer.jsp

M-PG71C

You know, electronics drop all the time and consumers are never comp. for it. Such is the way it goes. I thought the 3DS was worth $250, paid $250 for it, and I'm still good for it.

The Ambassador games are a nice perk, along with some other free stuff we have gotten. They didn't have to do that and it was a nice gesture considering I expected a price drop and nothing else. So whatever. I don't see the bitching.

If Sony dropped the price of the Vita in six months and didn't offer shit, I wonder if people would defend that over what happened with the 3DS. lol:

Roto13

Some people are currently unable to redownload the NES games regardless. For me, it says "This software is currently not available" or whatever.

Rhod

Just did my first background download (3D encyclopaedia demo downloaded whilst playing monster hunter 3g).

Works nicely. Cutting to the OS mid-game brought up a message telling me it was ready.

There's a pretty good chance America is getting Zen Pinball and/or Pushmo. Doubt it'll be both but I'd pick them up for sure. Wario Land on top of either one of those would be the best eShop update so far.

Glix

I just hope we get the Mario Kart demo. I'm getting it from a buddy for Xmas and the wait is killin' me.

watershed

Banned
According to Nintendo PR the update would have automatically downloaded today if you have updated your firmware any time before and hadn't manually downloaded this new one. It must be nice to use the passive download feature but I was too excited yesterday and had to have it right away!

Streetpass Quest II

The Mummy has petrified you *team runs away*
The room is full of blinding light *team runs away*
The room is full of poison *team runs away*

Fuck this!

Truth101

Banned
According to Nintendo PR the update would have automatically downloaded today if you have updated your firmware any time before and hadn't manually downloaded this new one. It must be nice to use the passive download feature but I was too excited yesterday and had to have it right away!

That is actually interesting. So the 3DS can install firmware updates without the user knowing it.

jrronimo

It was nice! I usually keep my 3DS in my pocket during the day for streetpass stuff (as I work on a college campus). When I went to bed, I pulled out my 3DS and there was a Blue SpotPass light. I started the FW install right then and there.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
That is actually interesting. So the 3DS can install firmware updates without the user knowing it.

No. It can download them on sleep mode while attached to a wifi network.

It then notifies the user when the lid is opened to advise an update has been downloaded and is ready to be installed.

Rhod

It must be nice to use the passive download feature but I was too excited yesterday and had to have it right away!

Yeah, worked a treat for me (JP system auto-downloaded the update overnight, woke up to blue light, installed straight away).

BooJoh

I think Japan's getting Wario Land. I hope we do as well.

Having only played Wario Land 2 back in the day (one of the best GBC games IMO) I'm definitely going to get Wario Land and Wario Land 3 when they hit. I'm only really counting on Pushmo for tomorrow though.

Top Bottom