• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Emulator Citra Now Supports HD Rendering

Sianos

Looks gorgeous - I really hope low(er) poly art styles with gorgeous HD texturing make a comeback as a middle-ground between AAA and indie development.

What is required to rip 3DS games? I'd be curious to try this out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
hghYrjE.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

can't wait to play the two 3d zeldas in 1080p with a gamecube controller

This gives me the weirdest flashbacks to the early UltraHLE days.

andytjm

Neo Member
Looks gorgeous - I really hope low(er) poly art styles with gorgeous HD texturing make a comeback as a middle-ground between AAA and indie development.

What is required to rip 3DS games? I'd be curious to try this out.

If you have a 3ds with homebrew on it you can dump your games using a program called uncart or another program called braindump.

magnetic

I didn't expect these to be so pretty, but some DS games also looked surprisingly good uprendered.

Monster Hunter should look fantastic this way. Aside from some terrible environmental textures, the monsters have an incredible amount of detail, and so do they weapons and armor.

Striek

Seriously mindblowing. Beats any UE4 remake.

Hell no. OoT is probably one of the lesser upgrades from resolution. The foliage, background, basic geometry is all pretty terrible and bland when blown up.

The UE4 fanmake is gorgeous and if Nintendo did it you would fucking love it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How well do these emulators work because of the secondary screen and all? Never dabbled in DS emulation.

Eila

How well do these emulators work because of the secondary screen and all? Never dabbled in DS emulation.

You have different view modes, choose the one to best fit the game you're playing. Normal DS view (both screens top and bottom with a gap in the middle), continous both screens, both screens left and right, just one screen, both screens horizontal for Hotel Dusk, etc.
The touchscreen function is generally emulated via mouse.
Code of Princess and Gunvolt 3DS ports on steam work in a similar way, you toggle through these views.

I guess it's possible. Set the entire trackpad as the 3DS' bottom screen might work.

The only issue I can imagine is that the trackball haptics won't work, because you won't be using the controller's trackball emulation. Aside from that, it's like the Steam controller was made for this game.

Maximo

Always annoyed by Nintendo by their horrible screens alot of the beautiful art is hidden away by pixelation.

Eila

Always annoyed by Nintendo by their horrible screens alot of the beautiful art is hidden away by pixelation.

The hardware for DS and 3DS is weak and would never be capable of running the games even 540p. Also many games run 60 fps because of this, which is a good thing now that we're on the verge of emulating 3DS :)
It has to be said that the DS emulator is not very optimized. In my setup I can't run the games at x4 native resolution. Without slowdown most games run at x2 or x3 the native res at best.

Whelp time to sell my N3DS I never use. I hate the shitty screen, and spend all my time on my computer. So this is pretty much the best thing for me. If only Nintendo would do it themselves, I would gladly pay them.

-MB-

Whelp time to sell my N3DS I never use. I hate the shitty screen, and spend all my time on my computer. So this is pretty much the best thing for me. If only Nintendo would do it themselves, I would gladly pay them.

Have fun dumping those games without it. And have them run properly as well. Since CItra is stil very much wip and most games don't run properly.

wmlk

Won't be able to use this until probably 2-3 years time. And honestly, I'm not too impressed by the upgrades.

Have fun dumping those games without it. And have them run properly as well. Since CItra is stil very much wip and most games don't run properly.

That's fine, Like I said, I never play the 3DS anyway because I despise the screen. I'm a PC gamer who plays alot of modded and unfinished titles so I'm used to some really rough stuff. I don't mind tweaking and dealing with the wonky stuff. I've only played Fire Emblem really.

Top Bottom