• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Emulator Citra Now Supports HD Rendering

Mivey

How's touch screen stuff handled in the emulator?
They developed a specialized device for it. Not sure why, but it seems Amazon and most other digital retailers already carry it.
3-Tastenmaus_Microsoft.jpg

Madao

Chû Totoro;202126653 said:
For NX I want upscaled VC games.

This looks glorious !

don't you mean uprendered?

upscaling is displaying the same old resolution within a bigger resolution image output. like a video feed at 1080p that scales a 480p image to fill the screen.

uprendering is what makes lower resolution games run at actual HD resolutions, like what this thread is showing.

Monster Hunter when?

THIS

Would love to see if MH benefits at all...

Given how the textures actually looked slightly better on N3DS MH4U... makes me curious how far they continue to scale up or if they actually hit a point where it looks horrible

MHP3rd on PPSSPP looked AMAZING and is one of the prettiest games in the series scaled up

Red Hood

Banned
I've got an FX-6300 overclocked to 4.2 GHz. I'd guess that something like a 6700k (at stock speed) is about 50% faster than mine.

Other specs are kind of meaningless, but I've got 16GB of RAM and a GTX 970.

Aren't AMD CPUs notoriously less good than Intel? Could be the reason why OOT 3D runs 5-10fps on your PC. I looked up some benchmarks - user benchmarks that is, don't know if there's a big difference - and it seems that a 670K is much faster than 50%: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3502vs1555. I have a i5 4670K myself (overclocked at 4GHz) and it seems to be doing better than a FX-6300 as well, http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-vs-AMD-FX-6300/1538vs1555. But again, these seem to be user benchmarks so I don't know how accurate they are.

As for me, I'm gonna find me a tutorial on how to dump the ROMs, very excited to see how OOT 3D runs for me.

Rich!

Aren't AMD CPUs notoriously less good than Intel? Could be the reason why OOT 3D runs 5-10fps on your PC. I looked up some benchmarks - user benchmarks that is, don't know if there's a big difference - and it seems that a 670K is much faster than 50%: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3502vs1555. I have a i5 4670K myself (overclocked at 4GHz) and it seems to be doing better than a FX-6300 as well, http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-vs-AMD-FX-6300/1538vs1555. But again, these seem to be user benchmarks so I don't know how accurate they are.

As for me, I'm gonna find me a tutorial on how to dump the ROMs, very excited to see how OOT 3D runs for me.

Use any homebrew exploit for the 3DS and run the app called braindump. Done.

It's easy!

Those Pokémon screens with texture filtering and the horrid overworld outline turned off dramatically improve the look of the game. I really hope GameFreak realise that themselves and add some texture filtering and whatnot from now on.

The lack of filtering and the horrible outline make it appear far lower res than it actually is when playing on the 3DS.

marmoka

Banned
Considering the gorgeous art-style of SMT IV, Bravely Default and Kid Icarus Uprising in 240p, I can't wait to see them in 480p/1080p

dhlt25

can't wait until this become playable. I have so many unplayed games on the 3DS due to the shitty res and screen.

thefil

This is so wonderful and thank you to the people taking/reposting shots/video. Low asset res + high-res rendering is my favourite. Wish this was a style explicitly courted by devs more often.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Great to see the wonderful progress this emu is making.

Took my post from another thread. Figure I would post it here since its from Citra.

I took a few shots from Majoras Mask 3d figure I'd waste the time to get to that area.

Nice to see this in higher quality honestly. I loved this area. Can't wait till its fully playable in the future.

Wasn't SmokyDave banned for comparing the 3DS with the PS1? Maybe he was half-joking, but there's also been people saying it was N64-level that weren't joking. Maybe with HD shots, they'll finally see the details, textures and models they couldn't appreciate.

RaidenXZ

Really need to see star fox, Kingdom Hearts and kid icarus like this. They would look great!

Games like Resident Evil and MGS 3 would look great too but we already have 1080p versions of those to see haha

That says the 6700k at stock speed is 85% faster (single core) than the FX-6300 at stock speed. Comparing the stock 6700k to my overclocked FX-6300, I don't think I'm too far off.

The fastest benchmark on that entire website is only twice as fast as mine, and I can't even get 10fps in-game. I think we're all gonna have to wait for the dynarec before the game is playable.

Nerrel

Now we can have a Majora's Mask emulated HD shootout, 64 vs 3D:

MM3D is nice, but it's honestly a little closer to the N64 than I was hoping to see for that area (Are they using the exact same sparkle textures?).

And the final area:
Project64
Citra
MM3D looks way better here.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Really glad to see this project progressing! Always good news.

On a side note, I can't see the word Citra without thinking about delicious, scrumptious Citra hops.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Someone from gbatemp forced some texture filtering, some gltiches ofc

qXoV1ve.png

ZFEalIK.png

1oHkUJm.png

More here
https://imgur.com/a/dkNzB

Wow, when playing the Hoenn remake I always felt that the game was a little flat graphically.

Turns out it was the 3DS hardware being weak.

But I thought people said Game Freak are lazy.

Pfft must be Yo-kai Watch fans.

Half joking.

They developed a specialized device for it. Not sure why, but it seems Amazon and most other digital retailers already carry it.
3-Tastenmaus_Microsoft.jpg

Looks gimmicky, it will never catch on.

Oregano

There are a whole bunch of games I want to see uprezzed. I think the Bamco games would be really interesting especially Tekken and Ace Combat.

KevinCow

Banned
I desperately want to see Kid Icarus Uprising in HD, but I have no idea how you'd map the controls to any PC input device. Maybe you could trick the Steam controller into treating the touch pad like the 3DS touch screen, but that would make it hard to navigate menus, nevermind activating power-ups.

-MB-

Sweet. I've never owned a 3DS so I'm looking forward to catching up on some of the games when this becomes stable.

Get ready to buy one then, since u will need it to dump your games. Which you will obviously have to buy as well.

Keropon

Zelda TriForce Heroes

it doesn't look as good as OoT. but still pretty nice in some sections.

Now if only Kid Icarus worked on Citra...

Edit: BTW we all want Kid Icarus screenshots but the game is unable to start on Citra due to various files needed. We'll all have to wait, I think

Top Bottom