• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Emulator Citra Now Supports HD Rendering

-MB-

That's fine, Like I said, I never play the 3DS anyway because I despise the screen. I'm a PC gamer who plays alot of modded and unfinished titles so I'm used to some really rough stuff. I don't mind tweaking and dealing with the wonky stuff. I've only played Fire Emblem really.

As I said, u need that 3DS to dump the games, unless u willign to boldly admit to piracy on here. Be my guest if so.

HWWyjf5.png

Damn someone avatar this!

impact

Banned
This looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait till this is playable, because I've been waiting ever since I bought that OG 3DS.

I'm kind of into the Mario Kart models, haha. Low-poly Luigi with what I presume is a lot of shader work thrown on him looks kind of awesome?

Guess Who

Banned
I'm pretty sure Pokemon's models look so good because Game Freak was like "fuck, this is 721 Pokemon we have to model, let's make one set of models we can use for a long time so we don't have to do this again next gen" and then made them a bit too good for the 3DS (which is probably part of why battles run like shit on the 3DS).

Rodin

Hell no. OoT is probably one of the lesser upgrades from resolution. The foliage, background, basic geometry is all pretty terrible and bland when blown up.

The UE4 fanmake is gorgeous and if Nintendo did it you would fucking love it.
Yes because they would do that with an artstyle that actually fits. Artstyle is why people are saying this looks better than UE4 OOT demos, and they're not wrong.

Holy shit those models and reflections.

I'm pretty sure Pokemon's models look so good because Game Freak was like "fuck, this is 721 Pokemon we have to model, let's make one set of models we can use for a long time so we don't have to do this again in the near future" and then made them a bit too good for the 3DS (which is probably part of why battles run like shit on the 3DS).
Very likely. Pokémon battles will look insane on the next portable.

Nanashrew

Banned
On the topic of Pokemon, it makes sense they look so incredible. Every Pokemon has a rather large poly count which is also the reason you get frame drops a lot when many big Pokemon are on screen. They essentially future proofed themselves and took the hit now for better performance on future systems.

Still though, they're absolutely amazing looking and crisp.

Striek

Yes because they would do that with an artstyle that actually fits. Artstyle is why people are saying this looks better than UE4 OOT demos, and they're not wrong.
I disagree. I think Nintendo releases that exact video, there would be pants splooging.

As I said, u need that 3DS to dump the games, unless u willign to boldly admit to piracy on here. Be my guest if so.

No, all I plan to play is Fire Emblem Fates. Which I own, I just don't want to play it on my actual DS. I want it on my monitor/TV.

bomblord1

Banned
What's those weird pixelated outlines in Pokemon? It pretty much ruins the IQ and makes it look considerably lower res than it is.

jediyoshi

What's those weird pixelated outlines in Pokemon? It pretty much ruins the IQ and makes it look considerably lower res than it is.

It's a symptom of the original outlines on the models intending to have been a pixel's width. There's no great, natural way for them to scale arbitrarily.

SirNinja

Damn, and I thought the DS Pokemon games in high-res looked good. This is a whole other thing.

On another handheld? No chance.

*sigh* This again...

They're called POCKET monsters for a reason. We are never going to get a mainline Pokemon game on console. Deal.

He meant high-res footage of the 3DS version, not a video of KH 2.8.

Valkrai

Has anyone tried Super Smash Bros yet? Curious to see how it'd look in 1080P

The 3DS version specifically, or Xenoblade Chronicles.

*sigh* This again...

They're called POCKET monsters for a reason. We are never going to get a mainline Pokemon game on console. Deal.

I'm not saying Pokemon should come to console (well, they did actually). But it won't ever look good as long as they're developed for Nintendo handhelds

How reasonable does OoT3D and MM3D run on this? If they manage to run at a decent framerate (20+) I'll try them out asap

Most games are very, very slow. Ocarina of Time runs between 5-10 FPS for me. If you have an overclocked, top-of-the-line CPU you might be able to get 20, but that's still just 66% of the original speed.

Most games are very, very slow. Ocarina of Time runs between 5-10 FPS for me. If you have an overclocked, top-of-the-line CPU you might be able to get 20, but that's still just 66% of the original speed.

I see. My PC is actually pretty weak, so no chance I can brute force it.

I'll give some time so the boys can work on it then. Still, fantastic progress so far!

bomblord1

Banned

Any benchmarks for a 6700k? That's what I have maybe I could try it out dont have much though.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
3D Land, the Zelda 3D remakes, and Triple Deluxe look stunning. Mario and Kirby actually kind of shocked me (I already knew OoT and MM would look great). My feelings on ALBW depend on the shot so far.

Red Hood

Banned

The question is though, what CPU do you have yourself? (And the rest of your PC if you don't mind)

Nerrel

Get some ambient occlusion in there and this is pretty much my dream for 3DS emulation. It would look so great with just a few more enhancements.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Zelda double pack of OoT 3D and MM 3D remastered in HD for Wii U or NX. No siree!
I've been dreaming about that for a while, mainly because it's the only real chance of them fixing Majora's Mask 3D so the changes aren't implemented in such a stupid way. Maybe on a home console with longer play sessions they'd be willing to put the song of time back in as an option. Bare minimum, they could revisit the Zora swimming.

Top Bottom