• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS gameplay videos at Nintendo Conference from MXTV

Where's my giant freezer? I can't wait any longer. The system. I need now. If only all these games were released on launch.

WillyFive

plagiarize said:
how can you tell this from a 30fps video?

You don't lose frames when you watch a 60 fps video on 30 fps footage. Instead, the frames blend together. So you get the very smooth movement that you can tell it's higher than 30 fps, even though you can't actually see all the frames.

For example, I can certainly tell Mario Galaxy 2 runs at 60 fps compared to a game like LEGO Indiana Jones even though I am watching it on my TV at normal 30 fps 480i.

AWESOME THANKS FOR THE LINK ! :D

Zelda bottom screen interface:

2utgbp3.jpg

2uravqf.jpg

jett

D-Member
No people, you can't tell 60fps from a 30fps video. But going by Nintendo's semi-recent track record it probably is running at 60.

Himuro said:
Oh my fucking god Ocarina of Time made me have a nerdgasm

I wonder if they'll update the music quality in that bitch.

Ignis Fatuus said:
This makes me want to dig back and find that guy who was insisting the RE:R shots were all fake because they were antialiased too much, even in the very thread where Capcom explained in detail how not fake they were.
I have considered going back and serving crow to the person who insisted to high heaven that RE is going to look like Kid Icarus once we see some gameplay and not a pre-rendered cutscene, but who cares. We're getting a nice looking game that looks pretty fun. Crow is unimportant now.

1-D_FTW

Anyone know what was going on in Steel Diver? The way he kept spinning in circles. Please tell me you don't control the periscope with full body motion.

Xater

1-D_FTW said:
Anyone know what was going on in Steel Diver? The way he kept spinning in circles. Please tell me you don't control the periscope with full body motion.

Dude was a bit too enthusiastic with the motion controls. Just angleling the device should move the periscope as well. :lol

Wow, Resident Evil Dead Aim is new to me, it starts on the same boat and everything?

Himuro said:
Hate that. Can you scroll with d-pad or analog stick? The fact you have to click the screen to change items is silly. Why not enable d-pad to switch items?

Agreed.

You have two slots for items on X and Y too, so it's not too bad, and the menu should have cursor control too.

WillyFive

jett said:
No people, you can't tell 60fps from a 30fps video.

Well, let's see. A 30 fps game on a 30 fps video would mean one game frame per video frame. A 60 fps game on a 30 fps video would mean two game frames per video frame.

1565059-5.gif

1565060-6.gif

They look totally the same.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
brain_stew said:
In a 30fps off-screen video? How does that work, exactly?
Give them a break, some people still have fresh memories of the teens fps of the original game.

big_z

VOOK said:
3DS IS SO SHINY IT BURNS

looks like vaseline. the system is ugly compared to the dsi.

too bad the analog stick isnt black. looks like a limp of clay.

i really dont want to play zelda: oot again but i just might. kinda wish majoras mask was included as well. that would be a killer combo.

Oh shit oh shit, how amazing would it be if they released Majora's Mask and then went on to make a third game with the same engine and style that completes the story of the Hero of Time? The Hero of Time Trilogy!

Link dies. Flood that motherfucking Hyrule.

There is no way in hell Nintendo wouldn't give MM the same treatment. It'll probably happen down the road.

Eff next generation consoles. As much time I'm spending in the OT and not in the gaming section due to my lack of love for games, I will most likely get a 3DS.

Lonely1 said:
I hope the RE:R let you aim with the touchscreen.

I was wondering what that circle on the right side of the screen was. It even has arrows pointing up, down, and side to side. Though, it may just be for rotating camera like in RE4/RE5.

QvOQC.jpg

edit: it even has some text next to the symbol of touching the screen

ShockingAlberto said:
I have considered going back and serving crow to the person who insisted to high heaven that RE is going to look like Kid Icarus once we see some gameplay and not a pre-rendered cutscene, but who cares. We're getting a nice looking game that looks pretty fun. Crow is unimportant now.

You'd have to dish out a serving of crow to nearly half of all GAF posters if you were to do that. Sounds too much like hard work to me.

Willy105 said:
For example, I can certainly tell Mario Galaxy 2 runs at 60 fps compared to a game like LEGO Indiana Jones even though I am watching it on my TV at normal 30 fps 480i.
your 480i tv doesn't run at 30fps. just so you know.

grab me a frame from this video that looks like a frame from your gifs (and isn't showing ghosting from the other viewpoint).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
WTF at RE:R's aiming. You hit the right bumper to go into first person mode which you control with the slide pad? I'm not so sure about this.

I'm more and more worried about Nintendo's decision to shy away from the touch screen in place of the single slide pad. They really should have added another stick on it.

Boney

Banned
Ehh... Only way I'd get Ocarina it would be if the only launch titles would be that and Ridge Racer.... I'm so turned off at it being exactly the same.

jett

D-Member
Willy105 said:
Well, let's see. A 30 fps game on a 30 fps video would mean one game frame per video frame. A 60 fps game on a 30 fps video would mean two game frames per video frame.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9588/1565059-5.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9588/1565060-6.gif[IMG]

They look totally the same.[/QUOTE]

Stop it. I'm not gonna get into this dumb argument. You can't tell if a game runs at 60fps from a youtube clip and that's all there is to it.

And just so you shove those gifs up where they came from and don't use them in another argument again, the animation in the second one is cycling twice as fast as the other.

Top Bottom