• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 new CSPIA amiibo certificates surface, all Smash Bros. related

Looks like the mystery 4th Smash Amiibo is for Female Corrin, as shown by a leak from datamining the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Echoes.

C8fTzryXoAEUgnm.jpg

I'm glad that Nintendo went this route. Now fans of both versions of Corrin will be satisfied, & maybe this could open the door to other alternate Amiibos (Ex: Female Robin, Pink-Haired Female Villager, Male Wii Fit Trainer, the Koopalings, etc.).

Cool. Mystery solved. But this doesn't mean they won't also create more amiibo for the new, unannounced characters that they'll hopefully be adding!

Arttemis

Inkling smash edition or Ice Climbers, I wont get my hopes up any further than those two.
Maybe at a stretch BotW Link.

Either of the first two suggestions would be cool, and they definitely seem the most likely. I imagine BotW Link would be included only as a costume option.

Wait so this means we get both male and female Corrin right? I was sad when there was only a female Corrin figma so I hope that at least we get the male amiibo.

Neoxon

Wait so this means we get both male and female Corrin right? I was sad when there was only a female Corrin figma so I hope that at least we get the male amiibo.
Yup, we're getting both. It was likely supposed to just be Male Corrin originally, but the popularity of Female Corrin must have pushed Nintendo to do both (good call on their part).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Smash Bros is going to be an insane success on the Switch. Having a portable Smash at the level of visual quality...

Yup, we're getting both. It was likely supposed to just be Male Corrin originally, but the popularity of Female Corrin must have pushed Nintendo to do both (good call on their part).

Why would they think male Corrin would be more popular in the first place? lol. Who tf cares about male Corrin?

Neoxon

Sweet! I'm glad then! Hopefully the two Corrins will come in a two pack.
Same here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were sold separately. A two-pack would definitely make my life easier in terms of hunting them down, plus it'd be cheaper than buying the two separately.

That being said, the fact that the 4th Smash 4 Amiibo is for Female Corrin, as well as the timing of the Amiibo listings, kinda throws the rumor of Smash 4 Deluxe into question. It's still possible that the Amiibo reveals will be held for until Smash 4 Deluxe is supposed to be revealed (if it's an actual thing). But the timing of these listings compared to when the Zelda Amiibos were added is enough to give me second thoughts about the whole thing.

Top Bottom