• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

55 days later, Arkham Knight PC is still hopelessly unplayable

Going by the steam achievements global percentages 30.1% of the people who have played the game have finished it. Surprisingly high given the length and issues.

I was able to finish it at 4K without too many issues outside of batmobile drops but I also have a 980Ti and don't represent anywhere close to the majority.

Got it on PC, couldnt get past the first cutscene without it crashing, got a refund, got it on x1, beat it, least favorite arkham game. easily.

the batmobile just ruined the game for me, after all those hoops just to play it. it was not the game i wanted.

massive disappointment.

It was playable for me but it was also a mostly awful experience, lots of chugging and capped a 30 fps with texture popping. It really affected my opinion of the game to the point where I consider it the worst in the series.

I would have bought Mad Max in an instant with the cheap prices it's been going for, but at this point it's going to take a lot of ass kissing from WB to regain that status with me. This is coming from a person with a fucking BvS avatar, they lost a lot of respect and I'll only check their games out as GOTY & discounted.

Yeah it's bullshit but there is still half of August left. Would be nice to at least get an update.

They're definitely working on it. With over 10 different builds being submitted to QA in the last 4 days according to SteamDB, work is definitely being done.

August is barely halfway done, they have plenty of time to roll out a patch and still fall within their deadline.

A patch is scheduled for August. I doubt it's going to made the game 100% clean but it should help a lot with performance.

15 days left in August

ayyy

but yeah gettin hard to avoid spoilers

at this point i'd demand more than the obvious free season pass us early buyers are gonna get

lol...we're just halfway through august.

I thought it was obvious this would take a while when they removed it from the store. And they said patch coming in august which is still 2 weeks going so...

Well yeah. They said they'll be working on the interim patch until the end of August. Perhaps after that hits the pitchforks should be brought out again?

is it pitchfork time yet

Kezen

Banned
is it pitchfork time yet

It has already been confirmed the patch would not make it in August.

As I said earlier in the thread I'm not in a hurry, I've already completed the game and I was surprised to see it performing a fair bit better in Windows 10.

jacobeid

Banned
It was playable for me but it was also a mostly awful experience, lots of chugging and capped a 30 fps with texture popping. It really affected my opinion of the game to the point where I consider it the worst in the series.

This was my exact experience AND I gave up on the PC version after about 4 hours and played the game using my friend's PS4 disc copy.

I was still so peeved by the situation that I couldn't seem to find any enjoyment in the game. Despite the batmobile, the game felt like the most derivative Arkham game in the series.

Last night when I was looking at my pile of games I realized that by the end of the year I'll only have played 11 games released this year (if you include Shovel Knight's Plague Knight DLC enough to be considered for GOTY considerations) and I'm 100% sure that Arkham Knight won't make that list.

Layell

It was quite clear that Rocksteady wasn't going to have the update ready for August despite prior promises based on what they said on the 20th http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

So yes while pitchforks should be out still, they promised an update on progress two weeks from that post at least, so the 4th. If nothing happens then the noose should come out as well.

Doesn't matter really WB and Rocksteady aren't getting another dime from me after this disaster.

naitosan

Hmm I still have it in my library after I got a refund from GMG. I hope WB going to say something along with new patch release like free season pass or super discount on Arkham Knight for people who hasn't gotten it.

I hope we don't get like free Arkham Asylum and Arhkam City because a lot of us has them. :/

Top Bottom