• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

60 FPS. Settle for nothing else. Ever.

Mrbob

Drinky Crow said:
60 FPS must become MANDATORY.

If you do not agree, please get sterilized.

Heh, I guess you stopped supporting Xbox 360 then? No more BUY A 360?? Because most 360 games are 30fps and some struggle to maintain a stable 30fps.

200129b.jpg

approves of this thread.

i thank sony and PS3 for bringing this "60 fps standard" one step closer to reality with resistance, warhawk, and heavenly sword :)

GhaleonEB

It should be. I was touting this ahead of the 360 release. Reality set in, and so did Oblivion.

And I already have two kids! And I'm not planning on having any more! Woooooo!

Mrbob

frAntic_Frog said:
i thank sony and PS3 for bringing this "60 fps standard" one step closer to reality with resistance, warhawk, and heavenly sword :)

You do know that two of those three games are 30fps?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind 30FPS if developers could actually get games to maintain a stable 30fps. Most games are 30FPS with slowdown, which is ridiculous.

jett

D-Member
frAntic_Frog said:

Heavenly Sword is 30fps, and btw so is Motorstorm. Come to think of it, Resistance runs at 30fps in single-player too. Lawl.

No-gen ftw.

frAntic_Frog said:

2 of those 3 don't belong... guess which.

Edit: beaten.

GhaleonEB

frAntic_Frog said:
I sure hope that's sarcasm, if not it's one stupid post.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I cannot play ANY games except at EXACTLY 58 fps and I MUST have a glass of distilled water - 12 ounces, not a drop more, not a drop less, standing four feet and 85 degrees away from my subwoofer or I will cry tears of hot acid vomit.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
All next-gen games should run entirely in bullet time, for massive next-gen damage.

Maxrpg said:
What FPS does Real Life run on? That must be one bitchin' computer.

Sober = A silky smooth 60fps.
Drunk = There are large dips into the 10fps range during more intense scenes.

Stinkles said:
I cannot play ANY games except at EXACTLY 58 fps and I MUST have a glass of distilled water - 12 ounces, not a drop more, not a drop less, standing four feet and 85 degrees away from my subwoofer or I will cry tears of hot acid vomit.

I expect Halo 3 to be 58 fps then, no more, no less. >:3

As long as I can play the god damn thing without a stutter I really don't care. People get up in arms about FPS like it's the ****ing cold war or something.

Dark Fact

GitarooMan said:
200129b.jpg

approves of this thread.

Fighting games and puzzle games approve of this thread too! :D

Though 60fps is nice, it is not necessary IMO, 30fps gives a nice softening effect you have to add post processing to match in 60fps games. Although, 60fps is like butter...when it isn't dropping!

Oneself

GhaleonEB said:
I sure hope that's sarcasm, if not it's one stupid post.

Well, it might not be "that" stupid. While it is a bit retarded, it's true we might see more games run at 60fps on PS3. Why? Because if dev. teams try to have their games running at a respectable frame rate @1080p , the chance for them to run smoother at a lower resolution is much bigger. This is based on the fact that my 360 games are generally smoother in 480p compared to 720p....

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
frAntic_Frog said:
some of you need to get ur eyes checked, cuz resistance sure as funk runs at 60fps :)
here, let me help you break off those fanboy goggles and direct you to some gameplay footage http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748483/vids_1.html
especially the footage featuring the soldiers running through the bombed out town and volumetric explosions going off everywhere......60fps FTW

Well, theres still Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm and Warhawk which were all running at 30fps (I believe). The three games people are pointing out.

Top Bottom