• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8.4 mil PS4 shippeds during Oct-Dec 2015

Xenus

Stronger yen/China(global economy slowdown worries)

They can do 2 redesigns. They will do at least partial redesign of interior on smaller APU.

True but I really meants a slim. I expect internal revisions and chips change and get on smaller proccesses.

HBM2 for PS4? Lets not get wild.

Why not? An 8GB stack can produce 256GB/s of bandwidth which is more then the system presently has and it'd massively simplify to go to that from 8 chips on CPU I wouldn't expect it for about 2-3 years though to get the volumes up where'd they'd need them. .

HkFShIg.gif

giphy.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Seems things are going well again. In terms of net income overall they beat estimates by about a third. Hopefully they can keep it up, SCE's (SIE's?!) next step after PS4 will be an interesting/important one, presumably the more resourced it is the better. (Though as the PS3->PS4/360->XB1 transitions showed, it's about the vision and people more than the money...but more wiggle room financially shouldn't hurt!)

PS4 means life.

50 million sold-through by the holidays? They have to slow down eventually right?

No chance of that happening before Q3 2016. They might reach 50 million shipped before then if Uncharted 4 does massive numbers and a unique console bundle similar to Destiny happens in September.

viHuGi

Banned
50M is easily reachable in 2016.

#1 PS4 sold 17M+ in 2015 [FY], next year will most likely be a repeat of that number, very possibly higher
#2 PS4 is still highly desirable all across the world, there are no big moves from current competition
#3 the exclusive game lineup and Japanese games release schedule looks to be MUCH better this year
#4 we will get entire year of $350 price, not just few months like in 2015
#5 unknown positive effect of PSVR [it will not be a negative effect, that's for sure]
#6 possible drop to $299 in late 2016 [smaller transistor size for the APU]

hzelsc.gif

:D

You misunderstood me...

I told that about momentum slowing down, not happening this year.

Oh looks like i'm way late lol.

Well, i said if they will ship 8 million i will eat my PS4", NOT "if they will ship OVER 8 million".

So i was right. They shipped 8.4 million, muhahahahahaha.

How are you right? Judging by your view they did not ship exactly 8 million.

You still gotta eat some crow buddy ;)

Can we get some charts and more detailed info in the OP and shipped numbers in the title? OP is very basic. Just saying.

I'm still at work. :p

I actually waited a whole 5 minutes after Sony posted the results to see if a thread that can be done by someone somewhat free enough to be more detailed, but none popped up, so I made one.

viHuGi

Banned
Looks like this was Playstation best quarter ever, beating ps2...

I totally expect Ps4 to obliterate these numbers next holiday with a 299$ price point for the whole quarter and some discounts on Black Friday and around Christmas.

On Demand

Banned
I'm still at work. :p

I actually waited a whole 5 minutes after Sony posted the results to see if a thread that can be done by someone somewhat free enough to be more detailed, but none popped up, so I made one.

It's cool. I'm just use to quarterly report threads being more packed with info. :)

Take your time.

50M is easily reachable in 2016.

#1 PS4 sold 17M+ in 2015 [FY], next year will most likely be a repeat of that number, very possibly higher
#2 PS4 is still highly desirable all across the world, there are no big moves from current competition
#3 the exclusive game lineup and Japanese games release schedule looks to be MUCH better this year
#4 we will get entire year of $350 price, not just few months like in 2015
#5 unknown positive effect of PSVR [it will not be a negative effect, that's for sure]
#6 possible drop to $299 in late 2016 [smaller transistor size for the APU]

hzelsc.gif

:D

looool

Tankard

Kaz is turning Sony ship around.
Also PS continues to show fantastic numbers, that means a lot to me as a console gamer mostly.

Top Bottom