• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Phandy

A friend of mine recently dropped his new 24 track album, 195. I think I posted him a long time and now he's got more. Its super Dystopic cyberpunky 80's stuff.

Check it out, its all free to listen to on Bandcamp. All of his stuff is on there too.

OGRE - 195

Fjordson

Bought this last night and am enjoying it quite a bit:

a3516591774_2.jpg

http://forgottenillusions.bandcamp.com/album/composer-series-cs004

Don't let the boring cover art dissuade you :p

Sparse

A friend of mine recently dropped his new 24 track album, 195. I think I posted him a long time and now he's got more. Its super Dystopic cyberpunky 80's stuff.

Check it out, its all free to listen to on Bandcamp. All of his stuff is on there too.

OGRE - 195

Been rocking it on and off for the past few days, fantastic.

Heavyarms2050

Neo Member
this is going to be a longshot but...

I'm try to find this song that I've playing non-stop when I first heard it a couple of months ago, now I'm trying to find it again. It was used for this indie game trailer that I found on kotaku. I don't recall the name of the indie game but it looks like an western story telling/RPG, the game itself looks like it was hand drawn and the atmosphere of the game looks dark and purple. The song can be found on soundcloud.

Voidguts

kinda embarrassed to post this buttttttt I've been doing some Electro-stuff lately - coming from an acoustic/folk background I'm not that confident, so if you guys would like to give me some criticism (via PM please, don't wanna threadjack) I would sincerely appreciate it.

here's my latest song, "Static"

speaking of albums of the year, let's do a "top 5" ranking of this years stuff right after new years :) i can tally up the votes to make it easy to see what was Gaf's favourite :D

Fjordson

Chromatics just announced a new album coming out early next year. "Tommy". AOTY 2015.

01 Fresh Blood
02 In Films
03 Time Rider
04 I Can Never Be Myself When You're Around
05 Cherry
06 She Says
07 Just Like You
08 4 A.M.
09 Teacher
10 Camera
11 Dear Tommy
12 Touch Blue
13 After Hours
14 Shadows
15 In Silence
16 Colorblind
17 Endless Sleep

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Chromatics just announced a new album coming out early next year. "Tommy". AOTY 2015.

01 Fresh Blood
02 In Films
03 Time Rider
05 Cherry
06 She Says
07 Just Like You
08 4 A.M.
09 Teacher
10 Camera
11 Dear Tommy
12 Touch Blue
13 After Hours
14 Shadows
15 In Silence
16 Colorblind
17 Endless Sleep

Just saw it on Facebook. I swear just YESTERDAY I was looking for infos about Bodywork or anything by Chromatics/Glass Candy (Like I do every week really...) and when I saw the announcement I almost screamed.

CAN'T WAIT.

Isn't it "Dear Tommy"?

TronLight

http://pitchfork.com/news/57714-chromatics-announce-new-album-dear-tommy/

Chromatics have announced Dear Tommy, the follow up to 2012's Kill for Love. That's the cover above. It'll be out "in time for Valentine's Day" (a set date hasn't been announced) via Italians Do It Better. Check out the tracklist below; that's the album cover, above. The version of "Cherry" that appears on the album is "similar" to the one that appeared on After Dark 2, though the version of "Camera" is different.

giveittome.gif

A Chromatics/Glass Candy tour is shaping up for summer 2015.

Come to Italy please.

Fjordson

Just saw it on Facebook. I swear just YESTERDAY I was looking for infos about Bodywork or anything by Chromatics/Glass Candy (Like I do every week really...) and when I saw the announcement I almost screamed.

CAN'T WAIT.

Isn't it "Dear Tommy"?
Shit you're right. Dear Tommy! Not sure why I keep thinking just Tommy.

And yeah, the entire Italians Do It Better label had been completely silent for a year. Like literally nothing from any of their artists. And even their old blog mysteriously went offline like two months ago. I was actually a little worried that Johnny Jewel had split from the label or something similarly bad had happened.

Luckily they have a new site up and Johnny has been posting some neat tracks from his vault recently on his soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/johnnyjewel) so all is seemingly well.

As for Bodywork, I'd also love some news on it. It was first mentioned over two years ago :lol but pretty much everything from IDIB takes forever. I wouldn't be shocked if that somehow comes out before Dear Tommy.

TronLight

Shit you're right. Dear Tommy! Not sure why I keep thinking just Tommy.

And yeah, the entire Italians Do It Better label had been completely silent for a year. Like literally nothing from any of their artists. And even their old blog mysteriously went offline like two months ago. I was actually a little worried that Johnny Jewel had split from the label or something similarly bad had happened.

Luckily they have a new site up and Johnny has been posting some neat tracks from his vault recently on his soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/johnnyjewel) so all is seemingly well.

As for Bodywork, I'd also love some news on it. It was first mentioned over two years ago :lol but pretty much everything from IDIB takes forever. I wouldn't be shocked if that somehow comes out before Dear Tommy.

I just read that Mike Simonetti left the label, so something did happen. He announced a new album like today (http://pitchfork.com/news/57700-mik...nces-new-label-2mr-and-new-project-pale-blue/) and now we get this. No idea what it means, if it's good or bad.

I really want to look into that vault of his... And Bodywork better not come out before my exams, otherwise I'll be stuck listening to it instead of studying... :lol

Fjordson

I just read that Mike Simonetti left the label, so something did happen. He announced a new album like today (http://pitchfork.com/news/57700-mik...nces-new-label-2mr-and-new-project-pale-blue/) and now we get this. No idea what it means, if it's good or bad.

I really want to look into that vault of his... And Bodywork better not come out before my exams, otherwise I'll be stuck listening to it instead of studying... :lol
Oh damn, he co-found it with Johnny didn't he? Good chance something went down then.

To be honest I was never huge on Simonetti's music, Jewel and his groups have always been the real attraction of IDIB for me, so as long as that's still intact all should be good.

TronLight

Oh damn, he co-found it with Johnny didn't he? Good chance something went down then.

To be honest I was never huge on Simonetti's music, Jewel and his groups have always been the real attraction of IDIB for me, so as long as that's still intact all should be good.

Same.

Damn, there are some tracks on Johnny's soundcloud I've never heard, I don't know if they're from an album/LP I missed or some special song only included in those LP they give out at concerts. Like Red Card or I Can't Keep Running.

Fjordson

Same.

Damn, there are some tracks on Johnny's soundcloud I've never heard, I don't know if they're from an album/LP I missed or some special song only included in those LP they give out at concerts. Like Red Card or I Can't Keep Running.
Some of them haven't been on an album (like Red Car) and others are demos / reworks of previously released tracks (like the Ruth Radelet version of These Streets Will Never Look the Same).

TronLight

Some of them haven't been on an album (like Red Car) and others are demos / reworks of previously released tracks (like the Ruth Radelet version of These Streets Will Never Look the Same).

I see. I googled I can't keep running and apparently it's an alternate unrealeased version of Cherry from After Dark 2 (which, I haven't listened to yet). And there are also Johnny Jewel's "solo" songs and Symmetry stuff (I didn't know they released a 2 hours long album lol).

Fjordson

I see. I googled I can't keep running and apparently it's an alternate unrealeased version of Cherry from After Dark 2 (which, I haven't listened to yet). And there are also Johnny Jewel's "solo" songs and Symmetry stuff (I didn't know they released a 2 hours long album lol).
Ohh shit, definitely check out that Symmetry album. It's instrumental, but it's an amazing listen for anyone who enjoys Johnny as a producer.

TronLight

Ohh shit, definitely check out that Symmetry album. It's instrumental, but it's an amazing listen for anyone who enjoys Johnny as a producer.

I definitely will. Love that Johnny uploads all these things on Soundcloud, you can listen to the whole album on it.

What I don't like is that their physhical stuff is hard to find. :\

AcridMeat

Banned

01 Fresh Blood
02 In Films
03 Time Rider
05 Cherry
06 She Says
07 Just Like You
08 4 A.M.
09 Teacher
10 Camera
11 Dear Tommy
12 Touch Blue