• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Bayonetta Pachislot game is in the works #BasedSega

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
After NX sales bomb hard, Nintendo's IPs go Pachinko.

#ThingsThatMustNeverHappen

Zubz

Banned
Why?

Well, at least, unlike Konami, there doesn't seem to be as much coming to light about SEGA at the same time as this reveal, so I don't see this as bad. Just weird. Besides, I flippin' love Bayonetta; anything to keep the IP alive is good with me!

Why?

Well, at least, unlike Konami, there doesn't seem to be as much coming to light about SEGA at the same time as this reveal, so I don't see this as bad. Just weird. Besides, I flippin' love Bayonetta; anything to keep the IP alive is good with me!

because one of Sega's most lucrative aspects of their business is pachinko machines.

They made these things before they got into video games. They never stopped making them either, unlike Nintendo's shift away from playing cards.

This is an important part of their business, for christ's sake.

I don't see how it would be a problem, considering Bayonetta 2 came out less than a year ago.

If only we had a Japanese culture expert to explain the importance of pachislot machines to us, though.

Crocodile

I love these threads and watching people who don't have any idea how a foreign entertainment market works react to them.

s9446_NoFunAllowedHere_RED_CRM__76094.1349726488.600.600.jpg

I don't think anyone is under the delusion that this is preventing or taking the place of a new Bayonetta game

To be honest, I still don't understand the outrage around pachinko machines that aren't dead franchises (Silent Hill, Castlevania anger I share and understand).

All a machine like this does is generate cash for Sega and Platinum. It's not taking away resources or time from Platinum, and it's not obstructing or preventing new projects to be made involving Bayonetta.

It's like being mad because Street Fighter II, Persona 3 and Persona 4 got pachinko machines. All it does is generate extra income for Japenese developers and publishers. That's it.

Ushiwaka

This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but with a Pachislot.

This just means they are coming back to the series, right? Right guys? Haha! TGS announcement for Bayo 3, right? :)

:(

People aren't annoyed at Konami for making Pachislot machines, they're annoyed at them because they're gutting video game development to make them.

Sega are still making games, Bayonetta Pachi has not been made in favour of a new video game. Konami have no Silent Hill or Castlevania games in sight.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Sega's gonna show Konami how Erotic Violence is really done.

Bow chikca bow wow.

People aren't annoyed at Konami for making Pachislot machines, they're annoyed at them because they're gutting video game development to make them.

Sega are still making games, Bayonetta Pachi has not been made in favour of a new video game. Konami have no Silent Hill or Castlevania games in sight.

This too.

Dont know the reason why but anytime P.T. is basically cancelled and we see Pachislot Silent Hill a few months later.....

Sadness...

VariantX

Doesn't bother me since they just put out a great bayo game not too long ago. I understand the frustration with the SH and castlevania games since the publisher themselves didn't really treat those franchises well as of late as well as cancel a game alot of fans were hyped about.

Bl@de

No problem. At least there are actual Bayonetta games. Not like that franchise about a foggy town...

Koren

So yeah.. this seems to be a trend now?
This has ALWAYS been a trend... For a strange reason, we hear more about those now, but dozen of games have been adapted in Pachislot since the 90s. Even Sonic.

Especially Sega licenses...

And if someone can explain the subtilities of Sakura Taisen Pachislot to me, I'm interested, I'm still a bit lost with the PS2 adaptation ;)

At the same time, Konami Pachinko division doubled its revenues last year, and brings now more money than videogames in Europe...

gelf

Why?

Indeed just contrast Konami's recent behaviour with scrubbing Kojima from history with Sega letting an ex employee Yu Suzuki make Shenmue 3 even though its their IP.

I don't have any objection to these machines anyway. They're not for me and that's fine.

I get the feeling that with the explosion of Konami and Pachislot, that people see this as new. It's been around for such a long time now that the Konami thing is actually lttp.

You should check out the DMC4 that came out a few years back. You actually get to rev Nero's sword.

This has ALWAYS been a trend... For a strange reason, we hear more about those now, but dozen of games have been adapted in Pachislot since the 90s. Even Sonic.

Edit: Missed this post. Yep. Like I was saying, I think the whole Konami thing just threw Pachislots into the light. It's far from new or even bad.

Indeed. It's quite encouraging that Bayo is considered strong enough to qualify for Pashislot treatment.
Have you seen the new cat's eye anime? Because existing as pachinko means the franchise is strong and gets new entries, right?

Also funny that you think this is a new trend...

I dunno about pachinko but I'd love to play a Bayonetta Pinball where for it's wizard mode you have to fire balls between the legs of a plastic model of Kamiya doing the splits.

frpXO.gif

Do people not understand that these companies have different divisions? And that Sega's pachislot shit has been in existence since, well, before they made video games?

Toxi

Banned
Why do I feel like SEGA and Platinum Games won't be chastised for this?
Because the Bayonetta series recently had a high quality game.

Meanwhile, Konami gutted their video games departments and Silent Hill/Castlevania are virtually dead franchises outside of Pachislot.
Who is the market for Pachislot games anyway?
Gamblers. Pachinko basically only exists because traditional gambling is illegal in Japan.

Top Bottom