• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and His Blob releasing January 20th on XB1 and PS4(?)

Been wanting to play this for ages. Will buy on PC
when it's on sale for a few bucks
, even though it's just a straight upscale of the Wii version.

wouwie

So this comes out in two days. Any word on price yet? I think this will be my first game purchase of 2016 and the start of a great couple of months of gaming.

Apdiddy

So this comes out in two days. Any word on price yet? I think this will be my first game purchase of 2016 and the start of a great couple of months of gaming.

Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling it'll be on $19.99 on XB1 & PS4. It seems like most digital games recently have been released at that price.

I'm really excited for this. Didn't realize it was so close. I'll pick it up on Vita, and if it's crossbuy I'll DL it on PS4 too.

maxcriden

Wow. That is an amazing deal at $9.99. I might wait and play it on PS4 eventually rather than continue my Wii save file if it's a step up.

Wasp

Up on UK PS Store.

$9.99 = £9.49 apparently.

EDIT: Also up on UK Xbox marketplace.

£7.99 or £6.79 with Gold. Significantly cheaper than on PS4.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
b174WtA.jpg

Hmm, you know what, game,... I think I want to buy you right now.

Deadstar

I didn't really like this game. The controls felt sluggish and the game puzzles could be kind of annoying. I hope someone does a better sequel. The idea of the game is awesome but the execution left a lot to be desired.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So... how's the PC port? I want to believe, but you can never be too sure when it comes to older, SD games that are being ported over.

amrod

I wonder, since this is a wii port... On the pc what would look better

Dolphin running it highest mode or the copy on steam

It will most likely look exactly the same.

But emulating a game that has a (good) native PC port is a waste of computing power/electricity.

rjc571

Banned

I doubt they'd look any different. The rerelease seems to be using identical assets to the Wii version, and Dolphin provides little to no benefit for pure 2D games such as this.

Eila

Buy my trading cards people, cheapest in the market right now
;)

I doubt they'd look any different. The rerelease seems to be using identical assets to the Wii version, and Dolphin provides little to no benefit for pure 2D games such as this.

True, unless the sprites were being downscaled. Kinda weird, but a game like Ragnarok DS, which is 2d sprites on 3d backgrounds looks a lot better emulated.
Anyway, on this game in particular it seems some assets are high resolution, while others are taken from the Wii source.
Kind of jarring, but eh.
It's a big shame they didn't have access to source assets, or the source wasn't in HD.

Before I pull the trigger for some major nostalgia hit, any word on load times?
Well, there's load times. Were they bad on the wii version? They don't feel terribly long, but I have the game installed on an SSD.
Edit: By load times, I mean between 2-3 seconds to load a level and then again back to base.

Occam

Are there any Vita screenshots? Touch screen and traditional controls?

Those mixed resolutions look bad, they could at least have upscaled the low res assets using a softening filter.

Oneself

PS4: loadtimes are quick but just as frequent as the Wii version. Art is upscaled but looks fine, I haven't seen a filter option. Hug with the DPad. It definitely looks better than the Wii version (just because of the resolution and overall IQ). FMVs aren't full screen and look outdated.

Overall, well worth the 10$.

JonnyKong

Gonna get started on this tonight, hopefully. I never played it on the Wii so I'm excited.

Are we using this thread as the OT or...?

Leynos

I am confused, is this out for the Vita? I can only find the PS4 version on the PSN store, but the game description does say that you also get access to the Vita version.

UberTag

I am confused, is this out for the Vita? I can only find the PS4 version on the PSN store, but the game description does say that you also get access to the Vita version.
Apparently the Vita release is delayed 'til later this week for some reason.

Wasp

I've tried to take some screenshots of this on XBO but the game still doesn't officially exist. Can't save or upload screens/video, can't earn or view achievements, can't use cloud storage, 404 error on xbox.com. Seems like someone at Microsoft has forgotten to press the switch.

Top Bottom