• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

My first contribution:

564wcGu.gif

"Hey...Hey!....HEY!"

StereoVsn

You're entirely right but the "non broken" version isn't gonna magically fix anything.

The lightning is shit, the animations are shit, the models are shit. So in no way will it ever match the target render.

8c8Pcei.png

This is the norm.

What the fuck is happening in this shot? What kind of texture/animation/everything is the redheaded guy? Who thought that this was ok even with a random NPC? Also, notice the hilarious arm raised guy in the back.

Please tell me someone was taking footage from the last 5 years at Bioware Montreal in anticipation of making the best video game documentary ever.

I NEED to hear this story

inky

I don't know what it is but it feels like FemRyder is an iconic character this generation.

I feel that the liking of Sara Ryder is directly proportional to how much anime you watch, how often you want to 'Om nom nom characters' or how often you use terms like ''adorkable' in common conversation.

I wouldn't doubt it if Bioware took half her lines from random tumblr pages.

aravuus

^ Or how much you can appreciate unintentional humor

There are some technical complications actually. Asari, Turian and Human characters actually share the same base body model (and motion set) in previous games, for the reason of reducing workload on the game engine (and efforts needed for the development team). They are, literally, human characters with different color schemes and decorations. The same logic explains the lack of non-humanoids figures in game as well: the more interactions we have on the scene involving a Hanar, Elcor or Keeper, the more expensive man-hours Bioware have to spend on development, and the less frame rate we get playing on our machines.

I was hoping that in this generation additional capabilities from new consoles would help Bioware build a truly diversified universe where every species will receive fair treatment in the game no matter how many legs they have, however obviously I was wrong. They can't even get the facial expressions right.

P.S. I do not recall if Krogan uses the same base model in the game, though. And I believe that I read it somewhere that Volus takes their current form for the sake of easier development and better performance, too.

I see, I see, that does make sense. It's easy to forget just how little RAM they had to work with on X360 and PS3.

I doubt I'll ever get the space opera RPG I want that has all these bizarre worlds and life forms and stuff that I keep coming across in scifi books.

Shepard died for this :[

Treat this like GoW Ascension, bring back the original team, and make Mass Effect 4 and act like Andromeda never happened...pls

Every day I look at this game I think, it can't get any worse. Low and behold it gets worse.... damn it why did mass effect have to be the series this happened too.

SRTtoZ

C6cLo3cVAAAOlGe.jpg

?

The photoshop doesn't even make sense with some of those ear things in the front and some in the back.
edit: You can clearly see the photoshop overlaying the original in the screencap and video. smh

But who the hell greenlit these aliens? I mean they had the chance to do anything they wanted with this blank andromeda slate and they come up with this abomination? They look terrible, awkward Conor Mcgregor puffed out chest with terrible textures. Jesus Christ what a let down. This game could have really been something special if they had any creative minds calling the shots over there in Montreal.

Staf

I'm still getting this game tomorrow. But i'm fairly certain that i'm gonna get a lot more joy out of this thread that the game (to be fair this thread is amazing). I can handle the jank and boring combat, i did in the previous games, if the story and characters are good. But i'm not hearing anything good about that either...

laxu

There are some technical complications actually. Asari, Turian and Human characters actually share the same base body model (and motion set) in previous games, for the reason of reducing workload on the game engine (and efforts needed for the development team). They are, literally, human characters with different color schemes and decorations. The same logic explains the lack of non-humanoids figures in game as well: the more interactions we have on the scene involving a Hanar, Elcor or Keeper, the more expensive man-hours Bioware have to spend on development, and the less frame rate we get playing on our machines.

That's not how it works for framerates. Your GPU does not care about anything but poly counts, textures and shaders it has to render. Using the same base-model and only humanoid characters only makes for easier development as most of the same animations can be used, with small tweaks if needed instead of having to make lots of completely new animations. Plus I guess humanoids are more relatable.

CEJames

I'm still getting this game tomorrow. But i'm fairly certain that i'm gonna get a lot more joy out of this thread that the game (to be fair this thread is amazing). I can handle the jank and boring combat, i did in the previous games, if the story and characters are good. But i'm not hearing anything good about that either...

I'm simply thinking a lot of time was put into MP because a lot of people in the OT seems to really like it. I believe the combat IS the shining pinnacle of the game over everything else, sadly.

laxu

I'm simply thinking a lot of time was put into MP because a lot of people in the OT seems to really like it. I believe the combat IS the shining pinnacle of the game over everything else, sadly.

Well the combat in ME was always just an acceptable level cover shooter so improving that was a good move. Too bad they seem to have missed the reason why people love ME is because of the stories and interaction with the characters and were willing to accept just an ok combat for that.

But who the hell greenlit these aliens? I mean they had the chance to do anything they wanted with this blank andromeda slate and they come up with this abomination? They look terrible, awkward Conor Mcgregor puffed out chest with terrible textures. Jesus Christ what a let down. This game could have really been something special if they had any creative minds calling the shots over there in Montreal.
Come on male Angarans look great, the females don't fit the males too much OTOH.

Staf

Well the combat in ME was always just an acceptable level cover shooter so improving that was a good move. Too bad they seem to have missed the reason why people love ME is because of the stories and interaction with the characters and were willing to accept just an ok combat for that.

Improving it is good. But from what i've hear it's still not good enough to stand on it's own. For me personally, if Bioware stops making good stories and/or characters then i'll take my business elsewhere no matter the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom