• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A girl I went to high school with just randomly sent me a map to her apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

She's honey dicking you OP. I say periscope your adventure to the house and see how she greats you at the door!

Congrats on being courted for sex by a former high school friend ?
Congrats on the white knight facebook blocking ?

Strange thread OP.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Why is the default thinking always sex? That wouldn't have even entered my mind. What if she just wanted a pizza delivered to her door? I know that's what I would expect if I sent someone a map to my place.

Stupid dirty sex ruining everything why is it always in peoples heads

Fury451

Banned
I don't follow, did you have an intimate relationship with her 12 years ago or did you have a crush on her or vice versa?

Why would the first leap be to sex?

Read the context of when it was sent and the vague response.

It's pretty apparent, unless some folks here have never had random people clumsily flirt with them. I suspect alcohol may have been involved, as it usually is with out of the blue stuff like this.

Ronin Ray

This happened to me. A girl I hadn't seen since like 8th grade hit me up out of the blue. It was strange because it was like a time wrap. She only knew me at that time and treated me like I was still that same person and we talked about stuff from back then. It immediately led to sex but I am not married with a kid. So stay away this chick wants to reminisce about the good old days and to have sex.

Gamerloid

So I took the wrong course of action?

I didn't make this thread to show everyone how much I love my family. It was a strange thing that happened to me and I felt like sharing it.

I didn't owe her an explanation.
It's not wrong. I just think there was better options before blocking her.
Like blocking her didn't do the job of conveying just that.
Do you even know when you're blocked? Use your words to convey that, not run to a button as your first course of action.

Probably had a long time crush on him. Maybe a few drinks one night and she went for it.

Read the context of when it was sent and the vague response.

It's pretty apparent, unless some folks here have never had random people clumsily flirt with them. I suspect alcohol may have been involved, as it usually is with out of the blue stuff like this.

Possible.

OR:

This was a test from your wife, OP. They conspired to see how you would react.

Possible.

Either way, OP made a sound decision.

What does this even mean?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175178787&postcount=116

I don't know how either of your two read my post and got the impression I'm telling OP he should've cheated on his wife.

I didn't think you were advocating cheating, but that you think it's immature on OP to block that woman. He's married and loyal what does he have to gain from having this woman in his life when it's obvious what she was after.

LosDaddie

Banned
Good lord, has nobody from GAF ever been flirted with or hit on by a woman? You all immediately suspect some elaborate trap?

Yes, of course that's it. And definitely not the 12yrs of no contact, then suddenly a message of "Please come fuck me!" from her

You got it all figured out.

LevelNth

Banned
Blocking the individual instead of simply saying to her that you're married and happy and/or making a joke out of how forward the whole thing was (completely insane that you didn't even do that!), strikes me as far more strange than her (possible) advance towards you.

Ronin Ray

Blocking the individual instead of simply saying to her that you're married and happy and/or making a joke out of how forward the whole thing was (completely insane that you didn't even do that!), strikes me as far more strange than her (possible) advance towards you.

Sounds like he's married to me

Cappa

Banned
Or I'm 32, happily married with a kid and I don't even want to allow the possibility of shenanigans.

Yes, I suppose there could have been a legit reason for her to send that, but I didn't think it was worth exploring.

So then why make this thread? Sounds like you're having second thoughts op and are hoping gaf would talk you out of it

And living in fear. Sounds awesome.

See, how am I supposed to respond to this?

I blocked a girl randomly messaging me maps to her house = I'm afraid of my wife?

And if I say, "I blocked her because I love my wife and didn't want to take a chance," I'm white knighting myself?

I completely disagree that my course of action was strange, even if she wasn't flirting with me.

So then why make this thread? Sounds like you're having second thoughts op and are hoping gaf would talk you out of it

Not at all. I thought it was an odd thing that happened and I felt like sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom