• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AA, AAA, and AAAA???

Dyno

AAAA started here, like yesterday. Someone is desperate to start a meme.

You think unofficial game ratings are like razor blades? You just can add another with an aloe vera moisterizing strip and think you're contributing to society! You didn't even get out of your chair!

Big One

Banned
Dyno said:
AAAA started here, like yesterday. Someone is desperate to start a meme.
No, I've definitely seen it before outside of that one thread. Anyway the question marks next to it are supposed to imply confusion, if that wasn't clear enough.

AAA and AA have set definitions in context but I'm curious on how people use it. I mean what makes the average current gen Western game "AAA" while something like Super Metroid isn't "AAA"? Matter of fact I've seen people on GAF even who say they won't play anything but AAA games, which I'm curious if they're really looking for a quality experience or a game with good graphics.

Mael

I don't know about AA or AAAA but I could never do a better score than AAA back in the days...That damn guy was always the best.

Gustav

Banned
Nirolak said:
Those two are intrinsically linked though, no?

I mean, the more you intend to sell, the more you're willing to spend.

Nintendogs and GTA IV both had a AAA recommendation here in germany, although I'm quite sure the budgets weren't even comparable.

SykoTech

Sennorin said:
Usually, when people call certain games "AAA", it only means that this is a cinematic game that is completely boring in terms of gameplay but features shiny, nice looking graphics.

At least that is what my experience with that term has been.

Did you just start gaming this gen or something?

Top Bottom