• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About Dragon Quest 8 and iOS/Android

I'm really interested in this myself.

I could rebuy the PS2 version but I'd prefer mobil, (also as I'm on iOS and don't feel like trying to emulate which seems like it could be rough (I'm jailbroken, but have no idea about the current state).

But I don't WANT to play on my TV. I like the idea of whipping the phone out and playing in bursts. I've heard the one handed portrait works pretty darn well and that the reason for cutting a lot of the assets (music, voice) is because of the 2GB app limit.

So, I understand it not being at the PS2 level. What I really want to know is it enjoyable / readily playable? I can live with a little slowdown, but if it's crippling , I'd probably just rebuy on the PS2 and not play it nearly as much.

It's one of my favorite games of all time and even with some of the cons, for those that have it, would you give it a strong recommendation just based on how fantastic the underlying game itself is?

terrisus

It's certainly one of the better games available for a cellphone.
And, it's not like the PS2 version didn't have slowdown anyway.

I'd say get it.

ferr

I got an iPad 3 "mostly" for FFT. It was the straw that broke the camel's back, I guess. Max specs iPad 3, too.

I wouldn't judge you.

Top Bottom