• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to Bloomberg, God of War Ragnarok game is currently planned to be released in November.

Hopefully it releases in January 2023 just so this guy is wrong and we quit citing him as a source.
xsQX3Yj.gif

Fredrik

But you got gamepass at least giving you shredders revenge this month. But rest of the year.............. hope you liKe Forza....DLC. Have heard from Grubb New FOrza may not even be this year. Big old Yikes.
I enjoy GP like everyone else and Forza is awesome, but I still think it’s fair to state that it has been a crap year on Xbox. Sony needs to get serious praise for what they’re doing, if GOW is delayed they’ll still release 4 first party titles this year. It’s plenty enough as far as I’m concerned.

So if I understand it correctly the game has indeed been delayed internally from Sept to a Nov release. How plausible would another delay even be with that in mind?
I think the game is done ( or can be pushed to get it done) for Sept but they want a big ole new holiday game now that Starfield vacated november so they switched tlou 1 remake with ragnarok.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
On one hand I, unknowingly or accidentally, chose 2022 in the poll.

On the other hand I want to see the meltdowns of a 2023 announcement.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

adamsapple

What about the meltdowns for a 2022 announcement?

Edit: I honestly hope nobody compares it to Cyberpunk if it does happen.

2022 meltdowns and cyberpunk comparison will only be valid if the game releases in a broken/rushed state.

Which is why I said long ago that there's no obligation for them to release in 2022, they should release it when they're comfortable with the state of the game.

2022 meltdowns and cyberpunk comparison will only be valid if the game releases in a broken/rushed state.

Which is why I said long ago that there's no obligation for them to release in 2022, they should release it when they're comfortable with the state of the game.

Do you believe it's possible for them to release the game in a good state this year?

I haven't heard anything about technical issues so far and the last trailer looked pretty solid to me.

adamsapple

Do you believe it's possible for them to release the game in a good state this year?

I haven't heard anything about technical issues so far and the last trailer looked pretty solid to me.

They're working on an established engine and they've already delayed a whole year over their original 2021 milestone, so I think it will be OK.

Probably may not get reviewed as well as the first one due to it being too similar , but that is to be seen.

They're working on an established engine and they've already delayed a whole year over their original 2021 milestone, so I think it will be OK.

Probably may not get reviewed as well as the first one due to it being too similar , but that is to be seen.

Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t review as highly. The first one was a huge surprise to many critics and the second probably won’t have the same wow factor. However I do expect it to be a solid game though I don’t doubt it will review well.

Handel

What about the meltdowns for a 2022 announcement?

Edit: I honestly hope nobody compares it to Cyberpunk if it does happen.
2022 was always the more likely outcome, and the people most wanting it to be released in 2022 (PS fans) are way more invested than those most wanting it to be released in 2023 (trolls who want to see PS fan meltdowns).

2022 was always the more likely outcome, and the people most wanting it to be released in 2022 (PS fans) are way more invested than those most wanting it to be released in 2023 (trolls who want to see PS fan meltdowns).

Not sure about that it seems like there was a pretty big escalation after Starfield got delayed. Before that nobody was really pushing the delay of Ragnarok.

Vognerful

There was already a Sony "showcase".

They announced TLOU remake. That was it.

I am not hear to actually to comment on the god of war release date, but it has been happening several times now where we are told and teased about a Sony showcase or event that does not exist.

To me, it felt this time like: 1) cheating because you guys keep building this hyped events and they happen less times than they don't. 2) this time, it comes like a jealous kid as all the other guys made a big show and Sony was absent. Then surprisingly every show is trash and the whole game festival is bad unless Sony comes and saves it.

Vognerful

Not sure about that it seems like there was a pretty big escalation after Starfield got delayed. Before that nobody was really pushing the delay of Ragnarok.
Technically, it was already delayed from 2021. Have they ever announced a release date for 2022 to consider it as a second delay if it happened?

Top Bottom