• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies New Trailer & Famitsu Details (Spoilers)

FluxWaveZ

hold up, are you just playing with my heart here, or is this a fact? ;____________;

Haha, no, this is in no way factual. It's just amusing to imagine people clamoring for someone and saying "Bring back Ema please!" and then the AA team would be all "Alright, fine" and give us her corpse as a victim in an important case.

I'm okay with Ema being killed. Saves the writers the trouble of dealing with her pseudo-budding romance with Apollo.

Honestly, I just need this game yesterday.

Crunch King

Neo Member
Inject it straight into my veins, please.

If Maya, Pearl and Gumshoe all make return appearances I might have to sit down for a few hours due to UNCONTROLLABLE JOY

OceanBlue

Ha, what happened to your "RIP Maya"? A bit too far? (Then again, Pearl is a kid)

Maya or Iris would make for that extra emotional oomph.

I kinda felt like Pearl would hit hard. Maya is more of a fan favorite, but Pearl is not only a child, she has been in a lot less danger than Maya has and is basically the pure, innocent character in the AA series (which is why AA3 is such a big deal for her). She's not thought of as often either, so it has that surprise factor.

Either way, it's horrible though D:. no deaths of old characters plz capcom.

The movie gets points for accuracy to the material, but it's pretty dull.

I thought the same thing. The movie doesn't give you enough time to process the information that each new piece of evidence or statement brings, and how that causes a dramatic change in the case, so a lot of the twists came across as a bit bullshitty. The murder mysteries much more fun when you're the one solving them.

OceanBlue

And to think some people (not here, fortunately!) thinks these 3D models are hideous...

I personally thought the models were barely okay when I saw screenshots, but my opinion completely changed when I saw them in motion. Different strokes, I guess.

I thought the same thing. The movie doesn't give you enough time to process the information that each new piece of evidence or statement brings, and how that causes a dramatic change in the case, so a lot of the twists came across as a bit bullshitty. The murder mysteries much more fun when you're the one solving them.

I definitely agree. The movie is pretty wacky, but I thought that the adaptation past the goofiness wasn't very good.

Ragus

Banned
That Edgeworth bio gave me a boner. God fucking damn, I hope that we will see a duel in court between Phoenix and Miles.

Just like during the old times. God damn.

Nyoro SF

That demo was the first time anyone has seen Apollo from the front. Everything about the game looks great, especially the animations.

I've preordered the Japanese version. My body is ready.

I like how there's an actual Law Firm now (I know it was there in 4, but it was different considering there only was one lawyer there). They can now just switch the control of the player to different lawyers depending on their skill (Also, it happened before, but it was more of a 'Phoenix is not okay! I will have to take his place for a little while!' thing).

FluxWaveZ

I like how there's an actual Law Firm now (I know it was there in 4, but it was different considering there only was one lawyer there). They can now just switch the control of the player to different lawyers depending on their skill (Also, it happened before, but it was more of a 'Phoenix is not okay! I will have to take his place for a little while!' thing).

I like how it still looks like a mess with Trucy's stuff lying around everywhere.

New prosecutor is pretty much the main guy in trauma team? Hmmm.

Kinda wish edgeworth got a similar outfit to Lana.

I generally like the transition to 3d, especially Phoenix's ahoge, but something about the mouth animations seem off.

Reminds me of my attempts in Maya.

Gestahl

Maya's been put in so many life threatening situations over the course of the series that actually offing her after all this time would seem pretty cheap

Wazzy

Banned
I wonder if they'll bring Iris back. I really hope they do because her and Phoenix were adorable.

Also I doubt they'll kill anyone from the previous games.

FluxWaveZ

Are people still pissed that this game is polygonal 3D?

From the very first trailer, I was enthralled by how absolutely amazing the 3D models looked and how well they captured the personality and emotion of the sprites in a modern way. I love it and, from the looks of things, most do as well.

DaBoss

i1NfJr3hnfl6S.gif
iBeBYsjZSeKib.gif
i6rq7TUJMYX9M.gif

iHQ9P7pp9iUPf.gif
ibyI8dcKaL0AHo.gif
i6lDdlYj0j5Hq.gif

ibjOrqVeHAs7z9.gif
ibaJGe7KN62qbz.gif
ir3y08rgpIHA5.gif

Posting all GIFs here now: http://daboss.minus.com/mbwxXY1iVFTCuo

Much easier to find each GIF since I put a little description there that somewhat describes the GIFs.

GSR

Nice!

If it's not too much trouble, could you zip the frames and upload those somewhere? I noticed there's some dithering on them 'cause they're GIFs and I feel like trying my hand at making an animated PNG.

Kouichi

God damn those models are amazing.

I was not expecting such a smooth transition from 2D to 3D. Capcom have really outdone themselves here.

Kisaya

UGGGHH EVERYONE LOOKS SO AMAZING

CRYING @ EDGEWORTH AND TRACY BEING REVEALED.

The Fey family is DEFINITELY going to be involved in one of the cases and I'm excited as fuck :33333

Top Bottom