• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACG's review PS5 crapped out already

Birdo

Banned
It's a statistical probability that a mass market electronic device will have a certain percentage of failures. It's pretty normal.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You'd think people would be used to this by now. It sucks, but this is just how these launches go. Risk you take for being an early adopter.
It's just amplified because it happened to a popular streamer with an audience. It's not going to be the only one, but it's the one everyone hears about.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hopefully when a non-hidious black version comes out they will have gotten the kinks out.

Funny story about screwed up hardware. I bought a new Headset for the PC (Logitech G Pro X) a month or so ago. I was playing games with it and could not figure out why the sound seemed off in Battlefield 4. I went to Youtube and did some stereo tests and found out the fucking speakers were swapped (left was right, right was left). It was not possible for me to be wearing them backwards either as the mic only comes out one direction. I took them back to best buy and got another pair, which work great, but holy hell man, how does that even happen?

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
wtU9BiW.gif

TLZ

Banned
Timestamped:

Seems like a problem with the Google wifi router.

This is a very weird issue to have. Maybe some routers require more power through wifi in rest mode when the PS5 is limiting it to a lesser wattage, possibly stressing the console in rest mode and turning it off? God knows. I always have it wired and I'll keep it that way.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This is a very weird issue to have. Maybe some routers require more power through wifi in rest mode when the PS5 is limiting it to a lesser wattage, possibly stressing the console in rest mode and turning it off? God knows. I always have it wired and I'll keep it that way.

It's a software issue indeed, glad that they acknowledge it and there should be an update soon.

Reactions: TLZ
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The fucking source itself is in front of you, and he contacted Xbox directly. And he's getting a new one now:

Stop with this stupid theory, it'll damage their image much more than "breaking" an embargo! It should even have major law suits against them if they ever do it as he signed no NDA!

Did he buy the previous xbox or was it given to him?

Quantum253

I listened while in the car so I was half paying attention. Yong Ya mentioned this in his video where if the system sits in rest mode for long enough, power is turned off and has to be manually turned on via the power button. After powering on the system shows an hdd error and rebuilds. He said Sony recognized this a known issue on Google modems and are working on a fix. I believe I heard he didn't have a Google modem and still had the issue. I'm wondering if data is being downloaded, or written to the drive, and the console automatically turns off or is triggered to shutdown. I have a similar issue with my PS4 Pro. It's always in rest mode, but sometimes I go to turn it on and the orange light is off and have to manually turn the console on. Afterwards, the console goes into the hdd rebuild/data check. It's happened a couple times and always come back okay. I get worried because I have a playable version of P.T.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ouch. Literally seems like Sony made a xbox 360.

Could be a defective unit, it can happen with all electronics. Doesn't make it look good though.

quest

Not Banned from OT
No big deal a few percent will break. Any early adopter should know by now to have a good extended warranty in America.

Oppoi

Ouch. Literally seems like Sony made a xbox 360.

Could be a defective unit, it can happen with all electronics. Doesn't make it look good though.

If this turns out to be the new RROD then you get to choose my avatar and I will keep it forever.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why would people buy consoles at launch when there are no games to play?

Just buy a Switch if you want to play games.
These are usually the answers I get when I ask people why they got next gen (current) port machines.
  • I have 10 million dollars in my bank account why not?
  • I...just want to buy things!
  • SHINY THING IS SHINY!
  • I'm a collector woah!
I just want to know how games run though and thanks to other GAMERS that buy shit day one I'll find out!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
These are usually the answers I get when I ask people why they got next gen (current) port machines.
  • I have 10 million dollars in my bank account why not?
  • I...just want to buy things!
  • SHINY THING IS SHINY!
  • I'm a collector woah!
I just want to know how games run though and thanks to other GAMERS that buy shit day one I'll find out!
You can come over this weekend and play

Codes 208

Got one from Walmart for $58 for 3 years. Not bad at all for security/peace of mind.
Just remember that Walmart’s protection plan is handled by Allstate, the associates can’t do anything in store after the first 30 days.

source: me. I work at Walmart.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
My launch PS4 lasted nearly 7 years under heavy use, I expect my PS5 to do the same.
Mine got the white light of death after the HDMI port failed. Also had the stock hard drive die. Sony fixed the HDMI issue and I just upgraded the hard drive.

Top Bottom