• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACG's review PS5 crapped out already

Far too early to draw any conclusions, but I said it before: This thing is overengineered and has many possible points of failure. Let's see how good Sonys design is.

Kagey K

Banned
Far too early to draw any conclusions, but I said it before: This thing is overengineered and has many possible points of failure. Let's see how good Sonys design is.
The giant wafer board is the only thing that gives me pause. It just seems so big and has so many points of weakness.

On a flat area like that all the heat is going to draw into one place repeatedly, if it’s not where you want you are going to have problems.

Last edited:

Concern

Watch the video, it's happening, just pray that you are lucky enough to not get a faulty console.

Still trying to derail a Ps5 thread lol. Only one reviewer had a bricked console and supposedly over breaking nda.

While a few reviewers are reporting this issue with the Ps5. Your concern is noted tho tho 🤣

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Still trying to derail a Ps5 thread lol. Only one reviewer had a bricked console and supposedly over breaking nda.

While a few reviewers are reporting this issue with the Ps5. Your concern is noted tho tho 🤣

Don't be too sensitive. By tomorrow you'll see many posted on youtube about PS5 as well:

DonJorginho

Banned
Luckily ShopTo has a year free warranty!

giphy-downsized.gif

What I am gathering so far is that the PS5 systems which are "crapping out" are doing so because of the software side of things. Am I wrong?
That can be patched, a hardware problem though, meh.

Concern

Why are you trying to derail the thread meant for PS5 failures with XSX failures?

Don't see how this is relevant at all...

Fanboys when they're insecure about they're purchasing preferences, need to deflect.

Either way im skeptical since no reviewers reported major issues. We do have morons who do things like buy consoles to smash em for points tho.

Ps5 issues are being brought up by reviewers, not random reddits of "my buddy's Xbox"

geordiemp

Should I start a new thread? Isn't it about faulty consoles anyway? Start a thread and I'll post them there if that makes you happy.

Did you see that one that was on fire supposedly

1 % of all consoles will have issues, its consumer electronics.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Did you see that one that was on fire.

Yeah on Reddit, the campfire feature. Some were so happy a moment ago until karma hits them back. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Still, normal faulty consoles/electronics, expecting the same tomorrow for PS5.

EDIT: You meant this?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

DonJorginho

Banned
I don't get the negativity around here?

We all know the first batch of launch units will have a few defects, this is nothing new.

This seems like a very strange issue sure but would have been prevented if Karak stopped repeating the process that was flagging this issue in using rest mode on the PS5.

There will be PS5s, XSXs, XSSs as well as many other new tech items such as new RTX 3090s or the new AMD Series that will have some defects, there is no need to panic, that is why these things come with Warranties!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
it's to be expected with new hardware. my launch day PS4 was DOA. Sony replaced it and that model lasted me 3 years. I only got rid of it because i wanted a Slim.

also my current GPU in my PC...the orignal one i got died after 2 weeks. Nvidia replaced it and it has been working great for 2 years.

moral of the story is: new stuff will break but chances are only a small percentage are affected. most likely your launch hardware will last you years :) let's not panic.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble

It's a damn shame....

It that real WTF. Translation reads

I had an unpleasant surprise right after starting the new equipment ... 💔. The interface was only in the Menu, after a minute / two of use, only a ball of smoke appeared ... Can I count on the replacement of equipment in this situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
That's a very long and thin HDMI cable. Could it be that it's not the right HDMI cable?

I'm happy I'm waiting, all the Day 1 people can work them kinks out.

He was playing on it:

The golden unobtainable six sigma is like what? 6 faulty units per 1 million? So stuff will happen

Consoles with issues? 1-3%, that means expect 10-30K consoles to have issues from both sides per 1 million.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Nobody should be reveling in anybody's new toy dying on day one or two, you all can't be that misanthropic to really wish or laugh at someone in the predicament of not being able to enjoy their $500+ purchase. If you genuinely feel the other party in the CONSOLE WAR's machine suffering more than your sides than that's very petty.

I hope both machines have great launches, it really sucks that launch consoles are sometimes hit and miss, these things are complicated machines with a ton of stuff happening inside of them.
We'll revel in whatever we want tyvm.

synce

Way too early to tell, but as far as launch units go, PS1 had widespread overheating, PS2 had disc read error, PS3 had YLOD. PS4 just had shitty thumbsticks as far as I know, but generally if you buy new tech day one there's a good chance of problems down the line.

scydrex

Yeah, this is why warranties exist. My PS3 got a YLOD after 4 years but my launch PS4 has been running strong going on 7 years.

Failures will happen, and there's no place for concern unless there's widespread issues over the next few weeks with retail hardware.

A friend has the PS4 OG i brought in april 2014 and still fine and no problem.

Top Bottom