• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actors/Actresses in "Born to Play" Roles

Status
Not open for further replies.
1297747315205_ORIGINAL.jpg

How about two.

KTVOEvy.jpg

Shelley Duvall as Olive Oyl in Popeye.

Pretty sure Robert Altman sold it to her on the fact she was born to play the role, in fact.
This is always my example. I can understand (but not condone) people disliking Altman's Popeye, but I think this is perfect casting in one of the best-adapted comic book movies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Immediate thought was Rickman as snape but continuing with harry potter
tumblr_nqfdqhFoWx1un13zfo1_1280.gif

really the casting for the entire franchise was great

Catvoca

Banned
James Gandolfini was born to play Tony Soporano. Truly incredible performance.

I'd say Ricky Gervais was born to play David Brent.

Mr. Robot

Ryan Reynolds and RDJ are basically Deadpool and IronMan, I don't really see Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (personality wise) but his face now is = to wolverine...

My contribution is everyone in this picture:
addams-family.jpg

ibrahima

Banned
Samuel L Jackson as Jules Winnfield

75M3QbX.jpg

First thought that came to my mind honestly.

Maybe that's a bit of a giveaway though? Where the actor and the role are synonymous? Where the character wasn't in any other media and the actor had featured elsewhere previously but this was the role that broke him through?

Fuck knows, it was my first thought.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Martin-Freeman.jpg

Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, say what you will about those movies but I think this casting was perfect.

Harrison Ford as Han Solo as well as Indiana Jones. It's the main reason why I actively worry about who will get cast as young Han and if they are indeed doing a reboot, who will get to play Indy.

Pretty much the entire cast of Parks and Recreations too, can't ever imagine someone else portraying the characters.

Most of the MCU casting is now solidified for me, particularly RDJ as Tony Stark, Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts and Chris Evans as Steve Rogers.

KarmaCow

The casting of the of the Boardwalk Empire characters in the final season was eery.
So much so that it was easy to guess the twist at the end.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I disagree with Jackman. I've been an X-Men fangirl as long as I can remember. Wolverine is short and stocky. Jackman never felt right.

Platy

Martin-Freeman.jpg

Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, say what you will about those movies but I think this casting was perfect.

Which reminds me ... say what you want about the Hichhyker's Guide to The Galaxy movie ... but the casting was PERFECT !

I would say that Alan Rickman was more perfect as Marvin than Snape =P

The Chef

Wentworth Miller, boring actor, until he becomes Captain Cold

tumblr_no9mztU2VY1sdv4q6o2_500.gif

Andy Withfield, Spartacus reincarnated

latest

Crixus, Manu Bennet perfection

tumblr_nr4nb1kewz1siq8rfo1_400.gif

Grant Gustin, aka Lightning Gave Me Abs kid

tumblr_nbb2j27nl71trkfzio1_400.gif

Hawkeye Pierce, sometimes called Alan Alda.

tumblr_n72o6kbiNm1rag6z6o1_250.gif

Really. These you think these dudes were born to play these roles?
Who the hell are ANY of these people?

And:
6.jpg

JTripper

James Caan as Sonny Corleone

Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates

Rita Hayworth as Gilda

Jean-Pierre Leaud as Antoine Doinel

Platy

Didn't read all the books, but the girl they found to play Arya Stark in the Game of Thrones series is perfect on the role!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom