• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should reread what you quoted. I wrote 'despite what I'm told is significantly better hardware'.

Now don't you feel silly about the namecalling? How immature.

You obviously do not believe what you hear because you talked about crow eating yesterday, so you are being disingenuous in here pretending that you believe what you are told.

You obviously do not believe what you hear because you talked about crow eating yesterday, so you are being disingenuous in here pretending that you believe what you are told.

Your comprehension levels must be pretty bad. Nowhere did I say that I believed the significant difference. In fact, I've gone out of my way to say that there won't be a significant difference.

Marcos

eh was it not confirmed that PS4 will do 1080p Native? I am lost again, whats going on?

1080 output
900p rendering

output is always 1080p if console rescales...

and as always has been, good graphics + 60 frames means a lot of hard is required. Ps4 is not as powerful... and the console and its tools are new..

Mung

If the choice is between getting a console with a better UI experience, Kinect, and (what is looking to be) a better exclusive AAA lineup until the end of 2014, and a console that has minimal resolution differences in a couple of multiplat games a year, I know which console I'll be getting first.

Not having Kinect is a bonus for me. The UI experience is your conjecture. The 2014 lineup for both consoles is yet to be confirmed. I'll get the console that's designed to run games better thanks. And lol at 'minimal' resolution differences.

Corto

Your comprehension levels must be pretty bad. Nowhere did I say that I believed the significant difference. In fact, I've gone out of my way to say that there won't be a significant difference.

The difference is significant. It exists, even if you don't believe it.

TEH-CJ

Banned
1080 output
900p rendering

output is always 1080p if console rescales...

and as always has been, good graphics + 60 frames means a lot of hard is required. Ps4 is not as powerful... and the console and its tools are new..

ps4 not as powerful as what? ( I don't mean that in a condescending way)

isn't killzone shadow fall native 1080p? and that has better graphic fidelity than any call of duty game.

lucius

So the Sony rep in the OP lied because he said it is running 1080p native on PS4

Maybe they are downgrading PS4 to 900p, after all MS is footing the bill for the Ghosts ads so I be plenty pissed if I was them, Activision caving in?

Metfanant

So the Sony rep in the OP lied because he said it is running 1080p native on PS4

Maybe they are downgrading PS4 to 900p, after all MS is footing the bill for the Ghosts ads so I be plenty pissed if I was them, Activision caving in?
Noooooo

BF4 is 900p on the PS4....CoD is 1080p

RedAssedApe

Banned

you're confusing cod and bf4

Metfanant

Lol waht? He already knows the final render resolution of a game not even announced yet. That thuway guy is not trustworthy i think
That's why he didn't post the title...mods won't let him because the game still has a year in the oven...but supposedly, whatever game it is...as of right now that's how it's going...

GetemMa

COD Ghosts IS 1080p on PS4.

BF4 is 900p.

Activision purposely degrading a game's performance to massage their relationship with Microsoft is extremely unlikely.

That's why he didn't post the title...mods won't let him because the game still has a year in the oven...but supposedly, whatever game it is...as of right now that's how it's going...
But thats what im saying... How could he already know the res of a game that still has around a year of development. I'd think that even the developers are not sure about it neither..

Metfanant

But thats what im saying... How could he already know the res of a game that still has around a year of development. I'd think that even the developers are not sure about it neither..
well the devs will certainly know what it's running at RIGHT NOW...I mean they are developing it...

Mods won't let him post it on twitter? lolwut??

Sure...he could post it on twitter...but with an unannounced title not many people will know about it...risk burning your source...

well the devs will certainly know what it's running at RIGHT NOW...I mean they are developing it...

Sure...he could post it on twitter...but with an unannounced title not many people will know about it...risk burning your source...

also a mod said the game is far from release so things may change by launch.

It's just the BF4 console command to take a screenshot (which dumped it at the native resolution of the game) and then I upscaled it with whatever default is on irfanview.

I do have FXAA High on in game so it does have a blur filter.

first the killzone downsampled then upscaled screenshot, then using fxaa (which imo is even worse than upscaling)

There were proper comparisons in the last thread this was mentioned in, but it seems we have to go through that same dance again to make it seem upscaling isn't a big deal...

OT: how on earth is bf4 not 1080p on a hd7850 with 176GB/sec memory bandwidth...

Exactly. That is my point, and what disingenuous means.

Yesterday you said you believed there wouldn't be a big difference, saying you would eat crow if there was.

HUGE differences for launch multiplats? lol I'll be happy to eat crow if that happens (I feel like the crazy buttocks is going to come in any second with a jpeg of a dead crow)

Now today you say the lack of a significant difference "is concerning".

Salvor.Hardin said:
It's a problem for both companies, but the fact that they can't get it upto 1080p on the PS4, despite what I'm told is significantly better hardware, is concerning.

It is obviously not concerning because you said yesterday there wouldn't be a big difference.

How can a prediction you made yesterday be concerning today? Unless of course you are pretending to know less about something than you really do, or being disingenuous.

SMZC

I would be too. Would be nice to know.

Has CoD always been 60fps in single player before? I know MP has been 60fps (mostly) but I don't know about single player.

Yup, always 60. Although single player framerate tends to fluctuate more than multiplayer.

Racer1977

Lol waht? He already knows the final render resolution of a game not even announced yet. That thuway guy is not trustworthy i think
I should have said those are the target resolutions for each respective system.

Regardless of early driver/tools issues on Xbox One, there's still an underlying, and fairly major, power advantage for the PS4.

As games become more ambitious, and the PS4 is pushed, that will obviously have a knock on effect with the Xbox One.

KOHIPEET

Damn I went to sleep and bang, when I wake up, there's a boatload of new information.

Can anyone summarize the events in general? Especially about Sony not letting press to review games, only 2 days before launch.

Thanks in advance.

L3G3ND6

Neo Member
BF4 could be 1080p if the PS4 was their sole platform. Killzone Shadowfall is 1080p and 60 fps and that games looks a lot more graphically intense than BF4.

NBtoaster

BF4 could be 1080p if the PS4 was their sole platform. Killzone Shadowfall is 1080p and 60 fps and that games looks a lot more graphically intense than BF4.

Except in MP it has far less players, no vehicles, and less destructable and smaller environments. KZSF appears much less demanding.

Dizzy

Banned
So just to get this right....

Xbone still lagging behind with lower resolutions, bf on ps4 only 900p.

Is that the ONLY ps4 game confirmed to be below 1080? Not including the order which is believe is 1080 with borders.

I really hope thats the only one. I want a mininum of 1080p on my games this gen. Thank god gor PC.

BladeSinner

Neo Member

Just for the record:

KZSF:

1080p 30fps+ (says GG) for SP
1080p 60fps (says GG) for MP

Or at least thats how I remember it.

At any rate, even if BF 4 is 900p on PS4, I have a feeling it will still look great...just finished playing the first three levels on XBOX 360, and had a great time on a game which looks quite decent. Looking forward to seeing the difference between 360 and PS4/XBONE though (hopefully they will both take care of some alliasing and tearing issues).

StuBurns

Banned
BF4 might have been 1080p if they'd got to focus on just PS4, just because that would mean massively more technical staff dedicated to optimizing a single version. Of course it'd also mean either losing massive amounts of money, or hugely slashing the game budget.

And there's no doubt if it is 720p on XBO, it could be better there too, if they were exclusively doing that system.

thuway

Please.

I tell you guys things as I hear them, and I get this strange venom. The mods, Kagari and Bish and Mortimer and Bruce and Jschreier and others can vouch that I am not full of fucking shit, so quit with the "THUWAY IS A LIAR, THUWAY IS SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION".

FUN FACT!!!!!

The night before the PS4 press conference I told everyone that Sony was going to put up a paywall but EVERYONE jumped on my case and shut me the fuck up.

I constantly mentioned Killer Instinct was free to play before the game was announced.

I could keep going, but this shit isn't worth it. Put me on the ignore list now.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Please.

I tell you guys things as I hear them, and I get this strange venom. The mods, Kagari and Bish and Mortimer and Bruce and Jschreier and others can vouch that I am not full of fucking shit, so quit with the "THUWAY IS A LIAR, THUWAY IS SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION".

FUN FACT!!!!!

The night before the PS4 press conference I told everyone that Sony was going to put up a paywall but EVERYONE jumped on my case and shut me the fuck up.

I constantly mentioned Killer Instinct was free to play before the game was announced.

I could keep going, but this shit isn't worth it. Put me on the ignore list now.

Haters gonna hate.

Thanks thuway for all the info thus far. Don't mind the haters. :)

It's really not worth it, just ignore them just like the so many 'hurrr these guys were wrong sometimes, they're not reliable and just randomly throwing predictions hurrr' idiots.

In fact, you put in too much effort already. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom