• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Address the Sess - Machinima/MS YT Scandal with Leaker, TotalBiscuit, J Schreier

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
recon stated that the contract was simply -missing the line item- to be sure and claim it as advertising that was on previous machinima contracts...

where was the proof of a written point NOT to disclose it?

Hahaha that makes no sense, that would contradict the contract clearly stating that can't discuss it. Les grand sigh.

nib95

Banned
recon stated that the contract was simply -missing the line item- to be sure and claim it as advertising that was on previous machinima contracts...

The non-disclosure part of the agreement is not there with other other similar promotions. Not only is the disclosure part missing, the non-discloure agreement is different.

In their fucking contract.

Proof that you read NONE of the OP in that other thread. Grats.

"I think we can debate ethics all day long..."

iDSeBoSNGvK1t.jpg

"Where I stand is, I don't want to take away through regulation the ability of somebody like Recon to talk about something he likes".

I'm dying. Seriously, I could see this guy saying this. These are some of the sleaziest things I've heard out of a PR person. How anyone can be convinced by it is baffling.

What I find more messed up is the fact that these huge companies are trying to save some money in their pocket by going to these smaller YouTube guys and paying them minimum wage to back their product while they still get back maximum profit. When Erik mentioned that these companies are seeing these youtubers as influence and are now looking to them to start their marketing campaigns, that was just extremely disgusting to me. It's like they really don't know how to discuss their own products so they semi employ these guys temp who are going to in a very bias way and then don't give them anything amazing back in return. It's like what?

Klocker

Yeah there was, if you bothered to read the fucking thread about MS/Machinima you'll find it.

haha I don't have time to wade through all of that bickering... that's why I am asking you well informed posters as I listen to this youtube for more information from the people involved

Jomjom

Banned

Sentient Mushroom indeed.

Mononoke

Banned
This whole discussion is missing the fucking point and it's frustrating me. They're not even addressing the fact that the document said they can't discuss that they're being paid for the advertisement.

Which is why I have a hard time watching these kind of topical live chat videos. So fuckin frustrating when they just won't talk about the core of the issue.

haha I don't have time to wade through all of that bickering... that's why I am asking you well informed posters as I listen to this youtube for more information from the people involved
"I can't be bothered to read before I post, I just need to defend MS."

Duly noted.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This gif by ElTorro show the disclosure part.
iZZUBY2FpnfW2.gif

Freki

Maybe you'll understand this:
iZZUBY2FpnfW2.gif

all credits go to Eltorro

Amir0x

Banned
^ What a surprise, Sessler once again tries to find a way to avoid taking on the hard issue head-on!

I can't believe that people are still so closed-minded that they can believe their opinions to be fact. There's no right side. If you only want to hear people say things that confirm your own beliefs, just don't bother contributing.

There was a right side on some of what happened this past year. False equivalency are for people afraid to take the plunge.

I don't need people to confirm my beliefs - I need people to not be pathetically transparent individuals who consistently showcase a profound misunderstanding of the issues at hand whilst simultaneously insulting their entire audience because he can't take the heat when virtually everyone on the internet calls him on it.

People who don't suddenly try to downplay an issue the second it begins to impact a certain company, even when they previously had demanded that those systems better be doing that precise thing. Who vigorously defended the nickle and diming microtransactions in a certain game that were universally criticized by all corners of the industry to such a degree that the company was forced to change the entire structure of system, who so completely missed the point during the DRM scandal that he tried to act like the whole problem gamers had was merely 'messaging', to say nothing of how many times he made snide tweets about how everyone didn't "get" what MS was going for. And he tries to downplay all this, while having the most pathetic baby freak out saying he may have to leave the industry over Sony not considering him big enough to get a special PS4 unit only given out to the biggest publications.

But as an aside, I spent like a billion threads deconstructing every ridiculous point pushed by him and fighting against every obscene policy change of the past year. It has nothing to do with not wanting to hear things that don't conform to my own beliefs. I am infamous for my preference of predominately participating in conversations where people disagree with me, since that is more interesting than circle jerks. What I am not going to do, however, is pretend someone isn't wrong when they are wrong.

Chobel

Here's the part you're looking for in the agreement document
5. CONFIDENTIALITY
You agree to keep confidential at all times all matters relating to this Agreement, including, without limitation, the Promotional Requirements, and the CPM Compensation, listed above. You understand that You may not post a copy of this Agreement or any terms thereof online or share them with any third party (other than a legal or financial representative). You agree that You have read the Nondisclosure Agreement (attached hereto and marked as Exhibit “A”) and You understand and agree to all of terms of the Nondisclosure Agreement, which is incorporated as part of this Agreement.

Revven

Wut?

Someone said that?

Yes, it came from the PR guy they invited onto the show who ALSO works with EA! Imagine that.

Real smooth move to involve a PR guy on the discussion. I don't think it was a good idea, even if it gives a different perspective his opinions are god awful and aren't reflective or seem to be very aware of what the actual issue is.

Schrade

Jesus Christ Sessler. The minute they start to get back on topic, you move them back off it.

No fucking kidding. Goddammit Sessler... he steers them off the shit that needs to be talked about. He's done this before with Microsoft "issues" as well.

Sessler, thanks for pointing out that the government is inefficient and doesn't have the resources to track down people getting paid to give positive press to video games on their youtube channels.

Now, if we could please actually talk about the topic...

Does no one understand that it is illegal to pay someone off and keep it quiet that they are being paid to give their " opinion "? Even moreso when forced to keep the opinion positive ? It is the very basic stuff the FTC was built for, this exact thing.

Listening to people it sounds they want a biscuit or a pat on the back for not joining in.

Top Bottom