• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time game not coming to Vita, Namco comments

Eh I don't know if that's true, I'm not expecting the Wii U to outsell the Vita 5 to 1 or something stupid like that but the Wii U still has franchises that should move some units compared to the Vita. They do have some games that should move some units at the end of the year. The thing is how many units will 3D World, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart sell.

I don't really see any games of the caliber on the Vita. Maybe Sony just haven't announced them yet .

With the way Sony hides the exact numbers for Vita it's hard to say where it stands, but from where we are right now I'd say that the Vita is much better positioned for a recovery than the Wii U in both Japan and Europe which should be able to make up the overall difference. We're comparing two relative failures of course but I could definitely see the Vita selling anywhere from 10-20 million worldwide when all is said and done. Wii U will almost certainly pass 10 million but it's hard to imagine a scenario where they actually get to 20.

With the way Sony hides the exact numbers for Vita it's hard to say where it stands, but from where we are right now I'd say that the Vita is much better positioned for a recovery than the Wii U in both Japan and Europe which should be able to make up the overall difference. We're comparing two relative failures of course but I could definitely see the Vita selling anywhere from 10-20 million worldwide when all is said and done. Wii U will almost certainly pass 10 million but it's hard to imagine a scenario where they actually get to 20.

Lol. I doubt Vita has any as big IP as Wii U. I don't deny that, Vita has good chance for a recovery, but less than Wii U. Vita has nothing as big as Nintendo IP, actually it's best chance is price drop and pray for 3rd party announcement, while Wii U only can rely on price drop and 1st party input.

StAidan

Looks like whoever's behind that Namco account decided to come back and defend himself. Dang, what a meltdown. Wonder when his boss is gonna notice.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Namco just dragged the Vita for filth.
TadkV.gif

Just perfect tbh
TadkV.gif

Isn't that the 3DS game that casually pops up in the top 20 every now and then on media create? Jydging by its style, the Wii U/Nintendo crowd would be a much better fit than Vita. Vita is selling better than Wii U, but it's not really the hot system.

It could also be an exclusive deal and such.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
From the other responses, seems like they're barely literate.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's sad how people raging about this probably just own a Vita, since the game is coming to every platform under the sun anyway.
Seriously?

I own every platform the game is coming to but I actually think it would be a good fit for Vita. I'd like to play it on a portable and I prefer playing on Vita over 3DS soooo...

Wynnebeck

Banned
It's sad how people raging about this probably just own a Vita, since the game is coming to every platform under the sun anyway.

Lol I think people are so hard up to make this some console war bullshit that people aren't realizing that the guy made an unprofessional comment period. His trying to spin the original comment makes it worse.

BlackJace

Are the people calling for this guy's head the same people laughing to tears when Mark Rein laughed at the Wii U? Relax, its a joke. Jokes are funny.

The Vita will live on without Adventure Time in its library.

zeopower6

I don't think it has anything to do with the Vita-platform thing (it's been known that this wasn't coming out on Vita for months) but rather the unprofessional manner in which it was handled. He could have just said "Because I DON'T KNOW!" to echo the game title, but instead they also added in the "Who owns a Vita anyway?!?" or whatever.

It sounds like you're just using this comment as an excuse to rag on Vita owners for no reason. :/

Ryuuga

Banned
This is one of those threads where people try to calm down the majority already having a level-headed discussion.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad for that Namco rep, he was just trying to follow the game's humor. Should've done it in a positive way rather than a negative one as many people thought.

Yeah, that GokuG28 dude is just embarassing himself. They're toys people, for the love of christ.

Yeah, videogames are just toys. I'm a big child playing videogames.

Top Bottom