• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Agents of Mayhem," Volition's new AAA game reveal trailer

TrutaS

Only Blizzard can really pull off CG trailers. But that's because they have a history. This was just really boring unfortunately, still rooting for them though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Single player only and no co-op bullshit?

I'm in.

shame it isn't VR too so you can completely cut yourself off from other people

making a game like this single player is a strange decision.

edit: did anyone use Sunset Overwatch yet?

Plasma

Banned
Bit disappointed it isn't a new Saints Row games and the trailer didn't exactly blow me away. I'll wait until they show gameplay though SR3 & 4 were really fun to play.

This is a brilliant move really, evolving the Saints Row universe into basically a new one gives them the best basis to work with. Hopefully they can take the best aspects of SR and create something new and original as well.

Also to all the people complaining about the CG trailer being a CG trailer, shut up, no one cares. We get it, you think you're immune to advertising and hype. So what.

I doubt The Ultor logo being there really means anything, though. Ultor appears in the Red Faction games as well.

Timeaisis

Why is every game going with the "comic book hero first person shooter" motiff these days? Doesn't do anything for me at all.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Why is every game going with the "comic book hero first person shooter" motiff these days? Doesn't do anything for me at all.

I think there was a secret meeting at gdc last year where everyone decided mobas are out and comic book hero shooters are in. Gearbox weren't invited.

Yeah I got Saints Row vibes at the end of it.

over all its kinda interesting (at least if this CG reveal is any indication) it looks like it has a pseudo 2D painted/animated look its trying to go for without cel-shading. if anything survives, i hope its that style.

7I3Xh6V.png

Yeah that was pretty damn awesome.

Lime

I wonder if developers listen to the same consultancy or something when it comes to projecting what will sell 3 years from now.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It's nice to see shooters move away from grimdark finally but I feel like everyone doing it at once is going to flood the market. Hah.

GavinUK86

that was a really cool trailer. i liked what i saw. if it plays like saints row i'm in. hopefully we get some gameplay soon from ign. finally a light hearted comedic romp.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
How has this ever been greenlighted to show off the "next big AAA" project from Volition. It's a CGI trailer which should be hype as fuck, but it's so mindboggingly boring instead. Generic girl character teams up with generic guy character to fight the master of all genericness, almost literally named "Doctor Evilguy" with generic weapons such as "impactless laser gun" and "grappling hook" while generic music pretends to be exciting..

I can't imagine anyone being legit excited for this, but the thread proves me wrong I guess heh. I guess I'm just dead inside for some types of games.

Seems like this game started out as Saints Row 5, then they diverged too much from the SR formula so they decided to make it a new IP. Kind of like how Watch Dogs probably started out as an Assassin's Creed game set in the modern era.

I don't care that this is a CG trailer.

I'm now invested.

I need more Hollywood. I need more purple. I need to know the Saints connection.

Volition I'm strapping it in. I love you guys and gals.

Salsa

im drowning in 'tude

this looks related to Saints Row tho, more than one hint in there

which is just weird

Lupi_47

I really hope a proper in game trailer is more impressive, because right now I'm just disappointed this isn't more Saints Row instead.

Actually it is new futuristic Saints Row sold under the new IP. Too bad it looks extremely generic right now. I hope E3 gameplay will change that.

sappyday

I don't mind CG trailers but this one was annoying to watch. Terrible art design and generic ass characters. Not sure what the trailer was supposed to convey at all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Was wondering a few days ago, if Volition was dead and gone. Guess they aren't. Not sure I cared for what the trailer was implying as it's game, but at least they still are around. One day, Freespace 3. One day...

Is it just me or are those main character designs super boring and weird? You get to pick from a pirate, another pirate, and a reality TV star? Are you serious? If the game takes place in Korea they really couldn't think of anything better?

Edit: Ah, 12 characters. That almost makes it even weirder. Why pick these three? Doesn't speak well for the rest of them if these are the ones they want to show us first.

Being a CG trailer, the only thing to go on is the art style, designs, and writing.

I hated all of them!

Great work.

Generic/Cringeworthy/Looks like a fake game you'd see being played on a TV show

All apply fairly well.

Top Bottom