• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce - "About this year's game awards ..."

Another Alanah Pierce thread?

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah yeah someone has an opinion about the Game Awards.

Geoff, you fucked up. I think that's pretty clear by now.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say the VGA's is meaningless and then be all upset when the VGA's didn't give enough time to developers. There are dozens of other prominent gaming awards where developers can speak much longer but for obvious reasons gamers don't watch those. People should just be happy there is an event that shines a small light on developers that 10's of millions of people watch. And I think most developers would be upset if Keighley just cancelled the award show and made it another Summer gamefest event

I would be in favor of making it a 2 day event. One night for awards and one night for reveals. But I'm guessing the award night would pull in 1/5th the audience compared to reveals

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

It was telling though... 3+ hour show and only around 30 minutes spent doing what the show is titled.

And I will take every chance to say it, and she also said it and is spot on. Jeff is a star worshipper. There is no reason in the world why someone from the game industry shouldn't have been the one to give the Game of the Year award.

You don't see the Oscars getting Kojima to come give an award.

Last edited:
You can't have it both ways. You can't say the VGA's is meaningless and then be all upset when the VGA's didn't give enough time to developers. There are dozens of other prominent gaming awards where developers can speak much longer but for obvious reasons gamers don't watch those. People should just be happy there is an event that shines a small light on developers that 10's of millions of people watch. And I think most developers would be upset if Keighley just cancelled the award show and made it another Summer gamefest event
She's correct when she says the show dismisses devs in favor of Hollywood actors. So many cringe moments, especially when they try to be like Hollywood. She's also correct in her view of it coming off as "we hate gamers" instead of actually celebrating gaming culture. A while back it almost seemed like they were getting it, but now it's just so much worse.

Don't get me wrong I would love to paint those mountains as much as anybody else, but Alanah threads seem pointless. She on ly gets posted because she's an attractive woman.

Top Bottom