• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce - "About this year's game awards ..."

T-0800

she really does not like timothee chalamet

6f9deb5cd709b0490227ef994c056a22.gif

I honestly thought the Best Game Award was being presented by Bill Clinton guy from last year.

-Zelda-

Banned
Don't really care if she or anyone else is right about Geoff and the event to be honest. Even if she is, I am still going to watch it.

nemiroff

Gold Member
If it was made her way there would be no show. Actually, why doesn't she make one and we'll see what happens.

Anyway, cringe..

Last edited:

[Sigma]

I can agree with what she said(watched a rerun). For some reason I want to grab and feel her haired too lol.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Dear Alanah, take this blunt observation from someone who spent a very long time in the industry:

Noone cares.

The public is there for the trailers and the cheap vicarious thrill of picking winners and losers. Devs aren't going to boycott an opportunity for free exposure and publicity -even if its only momentary.

The TGA's are just showbiz. Billing and stage time is always going to come down to the entertainment value and drawing power of the individual.

Neff

She made some insightful and well-put points in the middle of my wank.

Is it just the boobs? Is that all it takes for you guys?

I'm not a boob guy but I am a sucker for a pretty face and I can't deny she's pleasant to look at.

To be fair, there's not that much competition. We had Jade Raymond for a while.

Mary Kish and a few choice VA thots for me.

uGJpXc.jpg

Last edited:

Soodanim

Watched the video. There's not anything to disagree with other than making it 2 nights, everything else was constructive criticism.

Let people talk for a bit longer when accepting instead of letting celebrities talk for ages, let more than 2 on stage, don't usher people off when they're talking about a dead dev, have important awards presented by an industry relevant person. Receiving a GOTY award from Reggie of Todd does make more sense than from Timothy Chalomet.

She's also aware that she's not the only person that has voiced an opinion on this. I see nothing offensive about the video or the posting of it.

POKEYCLYDE

She says exactly why The Game Awards are the way they are.

People were getting told to wrap it up after a minute? Last year was Christopher Judge was left on stage for 8 minutes rambling with no protocol to get him off.

Her accesibility awards show (which would be tiny in comparison), needed Ryan Reynolds to secure a tiny fraction of funding that something like the Game Awards would need.

While it makes sense for industry icons like Reggie, Todd, Phil, etc. to give out awards, The Game Awards is (in her words) "exponentially getting bigger". Which means it surpasses regular gaming enthusiasts. The random Game Awards watcher would look at awkward ass Phil Spencer and go "Who the fuck is this?". While a Simu Liu or Timothee Chamalet is recognizable.

And lastly, the Kojima circle jerk. Complaining about the length given to Kojima in comparison to award acceptance; while simultaneously saying it was hype, it was for gaming enthusiasts.. is just hypocritical. Say what you will about celebrities at The Game Awards... that Jordan Peele reveal was exciting. I've never been excited about an award acceptance.

Either you get millions upon millions of people watching and you make it an advertisers wet dream, or you focus on the devs, make it a tinier production and get a modest amount of viewers.

She made some insightful and well-put points in the middle of my wank.

I'm not a boob guy but I am a sucker for a pretty face and I can't deny she's pleasant to look at.

Mary Kish and a few choice VA thots for me.

uGJpXc.jpg
Damn. She's beautiful. Is this where I find out she was a man?

She says exactly why The Game Awards are the way they are.

People were getting told to wrap it up after a minute? Last year was Christopher Judge was left on stage for 8 minutes rambling with no protocol to get him off.

Her accesibility awards show (which would be tiny in comparison), needed Ryan Reynolds to secure a tiny fraction of funding that something like the Game Awards would need.

While it makes sense for industry icons like Reggie, Todd, Phil, etc. to give out awards, The Game Awards is (in her words) "exponentially getting bigger". Which means it surpasses regular gaming enthusiasts. The random Game Awards watcher would look at awkward ass Phil Spencer and go "Who the fuck is this?". While a Simu Liu or Timothee Chamalet is recognizable.

And lastly, the Kojima circle jerk. Complaining about the length given to Kojima in comparison to award acceptance; while simultaneously saying it was hype, it was for gaming enthusiasts.. is just hypocritical. Say what you will about celebrities at The Game Awards... that Jordan Peele reveal was exciting. I've never been excited about an award acceptance.

Either you get millions upon millions of people watching and you make it an advertisers wet dream, or you focus on the devs, make it a tinier production and get a modest amount of viewers.
Yup. The rank amateurism and egocentrism of so much of the gaming industry is on display in this thread and those like it. I've been heavily involved in the execution of far smaller award shows particular to a very specific industry and you have to be ruthless in getting people on and off the stage. You also have to lay it on thick for the celebrities because not only do they bring in eyeballs and sponsorship money, but you can leverage their name to get bigger faces in the following year.

The reaction to the game awards is embarrassing and yet another huge L for the industry as a whole. We look like idiots.

Top Bottom