• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Covenant - Trailer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I mean, it looks fun enough, but I don't think I'd be going to see it for the story anymore. Just in it for the killins.

Mirror
I found for those who haven't seen it.

LowParry

I'm not seeing a link with either of those mirrors?

Edit: Nvm. I see it now.

Edit 2: It looks fun.......but yeah, story who cares. Let's see where this goes. :D

I don't know that it's THAT bad.

UtAiKEM.png

tumblr_lzybyeOLRd1qjutm4o1_500.gif

I actually liked the idea

Even so, it was still going to be him writing and directing it, so whatever goodness in the idea was likely going to be leached out.

But it's a bad idea anyway, because the only real appeal is for fans who think wiping out every movie after ALIENS is like - gonna ACTUALLY wipe out every movie after ALIENS.

They'll still be there.

Which is of course, the comedy of everything Fox has tried to do with this property since 1992, when they broke it in half trying to make the third one: They've been trying to top Alien 3 for over 20 years and they still can't fucking do it.

CG Xeno's are throwing me, it's fucking weird.

Looks more action heavy than I expected, but there is some cool looking shit in there. I just like seeing a Xeno back in action, I mean:

K6EWFZg.jpg

lol I'm not sure what you're expecting with a movie in the Alien franchise. Looks fine to me.

And we've had CG xenos since Alien 3.

Kayhan

lol I am already nostalgic for Prometheus.

"Hmmm this doesn't look like it will be as good as Prometheus...."

Jawmuncher

Looks good to me.
I want a blend of Alien and Aliens. I want some stalking the first half, and then just action in the last act.

I want to believe. I want to believe.
I actually love the last shot. That Xeno is pissed. Is it because of the mullet?

It looked better than the first trailer. I'm still unsure about the characters and the repetition of some story tropes that are getting a bit old but who knows with Ridley Scott. You never know what you're gonna get with him. But I'll be there day one.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Oh jesus, now we got the things all jumping around and shit again.

Xenomorphs aren't even creepy anymore. Fucking Ridley, why. WHY!

It didn't move like that until the third fucking movie, and it made sense then because it actually was based on an animal!

Like anyone really wants to see an ALIENS-esque action movie starring 70 year-old Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn.

The premise itself is fucking busted.

I think people would be ok with a 70 year old Sigourney Weaver. It's the 60 year Michael Biehn who looks emaciated these days. It's not the years it's the mileage with him. It shows he has had some rough years between the drugs,the booze and Jennifer blanc.

Tobor

Which is of course, the comedy of everything Fox has tried to do with this property since 1992, when they broke it in half trying to make the third one: They've been trying to top Alien 3 for over 20 years and they still can't fucking do it.

Fox fucked up long before '92. I'm still pissed we never got Gibson's Alien 3.

zeioIIDX

Man, you all are being critical as fuck. I'm hyped as hell to see this. It's a new Alien film, come on!! I love every Alien film although I really don't care for the 4th one. Ass is gonna be in that theater seat on day one with Red Vines in hand.

guek

Banned
Trailer wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible either. I think Prometheus is still coloring people's opinion on this

...not that that's not a sensible thing to do :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Feels more like Aliens than Alien, like others have said.

Looks pretty good to me.

Are we getting a red band trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom