• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien isolation first 20 min (pewdewpie warning!)

fcobento

Neo Member
Alien: Isolation |OT| Let's Drool Together
Alien: Isolation |OT| Aint no dementor but still... kiss of death!
Alien: Isolation |OT| and where the f*** is Austin Powers?
Alien: Isolation |OT| Drool me a River
Alien: Isolation |OT| This feeling inside is killing me!

Dont ban me!!!

DieH@rd

Banned
Alien: Isolation |OT| In space no one can hear when you shit your pants
Alien: Isolation |OT| Don't go back for the cat

Anteater

Man this thread is toxic....

I really want to watch the video but I wish it wasn't the intro. I never spoil intros for me. Will part 2 take place later on in the game?

I think part 2 will probably continue right after where he left off, I'd imagine there'll be more gameplay focus stuff than the first part which was just an intro, I think there will probably be some tutorial stuff though because I don't think the beginning really show the player the gameplay mechanics or whatever, it was just walking through the area and interacting with items.

Great suggestions! I have already chosen four or five that I'll decide on later. Right now I am using a placeholder that was suggested earlier in the thread by Keyser Soze.

Crossposting this here -
redacted

Great suggestions! I have already chosen four or five that I'll decide on later. Right now I am using a placeholder that was suggested earlier in the thread by Keyser Soze.

Crossposting this here -

This is going to be GOOD.

Also - I'm curious as to what you didn't like about your writeup - if the Battlefront OP is anything to go by, I can't imagine what in your ALIEN writeup is so jank that you need to scrap the whole thing.

This is going to be GOOD.

Also - I'm curious as to what you didn't like about your writeup - if the Battlefront OP is anything to go by, I can't imagine what in your ALIEN writeup is so jank that you need to scrap the whole thing.
I don't like how it flows.

I didn't write the Battlefront one, I only edited it and did the visuals.

Meesh

Alien Isolation OT It's structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Edit: I'd also like to add the only thing that scared me more than the new clips was Pewdewpies play through. Really dislike his voice.

Game looks great and very atmospheric but I am keeping my hopes in check.

Pewdipie isn't that bad of a guy and I don't like his schtick as I find it kind of annoying. The hate he gets shouldn't be directed at him but at his hardcore rabid fans. Every video I am watching, either Bainscratch or Two guys, there is always those fans saying "You guys are copying Pewdi" or "Hey, you should do Facecam because Pewdi does it". I'm sorry but it is obnoxious as hell.

Every fanbase on youtube does that, not just Pewds'. If someone else plays a game made popular by another individual you're never free from that ridicule

The real question is do I buy this on release for PS4, or wait a bit and bite during the holidays?

I just watched that PewDiePie video and had no inclinations on a purchase, but now sort of interested, I loved the original movies too much, and this looks pretty close to the vein of them.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Alien: Isolation |OT| Take a close look, Randy!

Oh god. I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes. Not because it's him, but because it's obvious he doesn't seem to know shit about Alien.

I would've been freaking out as soon as I heard Ripley speaking in the very beginning. He also seems to think that you're playing as her.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Alien: Isolation |OT| Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal!

83411-I-understood-that-reference-gi-6jlf.gif

Good one.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Crossposting this here -

"It's almost as terrifying as when Bishop arrives into a thread and locks it with all of you still inside."

Asbear

Banned
I take whatever positivism I had back. I just rewatched this part of the game and there are already some things about the story that seem super rushed, like how after the intro cutscene you abruptly wake up after sleeping in a pod or how poor the cinematography is in the scene when the crew gets seperated.

I mean, they're arriving at this new space station, likely the main area of the game, but we're not allowed to properly take in the new structure from outside before something contrived rips the group apart and it all seemed confusing in a way that felt cheap.

You have to watch it to understand what I mean. Things are too disjointed and abrupt and I bet the "looking for my lost mom" plotline ends up either unresolved or painfully simple, like, you arrive at the station and find your mother's corpse and that's it.

We'll see, but just part 1 turns me off the more I think about it. And it IS a creative assembly game, not long after their SUPER rushed Rome Total War 2 glitchfest.

I take whatever positivism I had back. I just rewatched this part of the game and there are already some things about the story that seem super rushed, like how after the intro cutscene you abruptly wake up after sleeping in a pod or how poor the cinematography is in the scene when the crew gets seperated.

I mean, they're arriving at this new space station, likely the main area of the game, but we're not allowed to properly take in the new structure from outside before something contrived rips the group apart and it all seemed confusing in a way that felt cheap.

You have to watch it to understand what I mean. Things are too disjointed and abrupt and I bet the "looking for my lost mom" plotline ends up either unresolved or painfully simple, like, you arrive at the station and find your mother's corpse and that's it.

We'll see, but just part 1 turns me off the more I think about it. And it IS a creative assembly game, not long after their SUPER rushed Rome Total War 2 glitchfest.
Movie and maybe game spoiler(?)
It is pretty much 100% guaranteed she won't find her mom if the 3 movies after this are anything to go by.
She may find a clone or something though.

Top Bottom