• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien isolation first 20 min (pewdewpie warning!)

bj00rn_

Banned
Fuck *********. Please everyone, don't post his name nor videos here ever again.

Heh, this game.. I've gone from "Oh, a proper Alien game, nice!" " to "hmmm, what happened.." to "I'm worried", and now to "fuck me, this is going to be great!". The game seems to have really come together lately.

Not going to read any reviews nor review scores until I've finished it..

p3tran

Banned
hmmm... maybe I'd play an alien game that is a true love letter to that film.
it being tech-worthy only adds to the experience.

I'm in the UK, where this game isn't up on the One marketplace. I buy my games from the U.S. store, but I can't see it there to preorder. Is this some IP address thing? Is there any way to find it? Searching etc comes up with nothing.

Holy shit you guys are absolutely despicable. I'm 100% sure the reason you guys hate Pewdiepie is because other people hate Pewdiepie. You just let other's opinions get to you. I watched Pewdiepie when I was playing Amnesia, and he is a fucking hero to me. It took me 8 months to finish Amnesia and I played it in my living room with the lights on. His screaming is absolutely justified, he played it alone with the lights off. And the reason he screams is because he gets scared. Holy shit guys, he's screaming because he gets scared ,lets hate on him. Jesus Christ you guys are like the people who hate anything mainstream. Fucking hipsters. Also just like the other people have been saying, it has a Pewdiepie warning yet you guys still come here and just hate on him.
I'm sure barely any money was involved, just a win win situation for Pewdiepie who loves horror games and Sega getting the advertisement. Also it's funny how it seems like you guys are acting like he is the only one who gets paid for advertising. LMAO, almost all the top YouTubers(1mil+ subscibers) gets paid from companies on YouTube for promoting their products.

Geez... another fan. Calm down. Question: You think this guy with his style of Commentary will appeal to a "mature" Audience?

His shtick gets old, man.

Reedirect

Holy shit you guys are absolutely despicable. I'm 100% sure the reason you guys hate Pewdiepie is because other people hate Pewdiepie. You just let other's opinions get to you. I watched Pewdiepie when I was playing Amnesia, and he is a fucking hero to me. It took me 8 months to finish Amnesia and I played it in my living room with the lights on. His screaming is absolutely justified, he played it alone with the lights off. And the reason he screams is because he gets scared. Holy shit guys, he's screaming because he gets scared ,lets hate on him. Jesus Christ you guys are like the people who hate anything mainstream. Fucking hipsters. Also just like the other people have been saying, it has a Pewdiepie warning yet you guys still come here and just hate on him.
I'm sure barely any money was involved, just a win win situation for Pewdiepie who loves horror games and Sega getting the advertisement. Also it's funny how it seems like you guys are acting like he is the only one who gets paid for advertising. LMAO, almost all the top YouTubers(1mil+ subscibers) gets paid from companies on YouTube for promoting their products.

Even though you could've been calmer about it, I agree with most of the things you listed here. The PDP hate here is mostly based around his most annoying videos (granted, he had more than a few in his career) and his popularity among children and teens. But I feel that most of the critics here didn't see more than a couple of montages and one or two Amnesia videos.

I actually legitimately watched his videos about two years ago (before I discovered perhaps the best LPers ever, Two Best Friends Play), which was an era when his videos were littered with rape jokes, countless screams and unfunny imitations. I still watch a video or two from time to time and he REALLY toned it down. I'm sure it's still not everyone's cup of tea, but most of his videos are perfectly harmless these days.

YoodlePro

Instead of being grateful that we get early access to games because of his popularity and capability as a marketing medium, we decide to belittle him because we don't like his personality /way of filming/face.

I always say good for him. I watch his videos BECAUSE he is retarded. If he would be boring like some other let's players I would probably not watch him anymore

JON4495

I'm just pissed because he said he'd upload part 2 as soon as he got 70k likes and he's now at 385k and there's still no part 2 god dammit

Bishop89

actually learned that this guy is the most popular youtube personality with the most followers. Thats really impressive. And he makes a shit tonne of money.

The footage is great and you guys should be talking about that. If you dont like his voice, mute it.

Considering he says he's really hyped for it, really looking forward to it etc, he shows that he knows fuck all about the Alien series.

Game looks really great though. The attention to detail is superb.

This is some funny shit. Lol. I don't care about PDP getting paid or what his motivation is for putting vids online. To me... He is just annoying.
Despicable me.

Nokterian

leaving-now.gif

He didn't say he would upload the milisecond it hit 70k, also he lives in the UK so is on UK time and he says in his video he has slow internet, give him a fucking chance christ.

He uploaded a second video of the superior game Neverending Nightmares, that looks more interesting than Alien isolation.

Asbear

Banned
So much aliasing, use your millions to get a better computer!

Despite his richness Pewds sure likes to pretend he's still your average guy, except he definitely spends a lot of money traveling.

Also, Pewdiepie is totally underated everywhere on the internet. Maybe I could better relate if I was 10 years older than I am now, because I'd do anything but watch people who are 5-10 years younger than myself play games on Youtube, so I can relate if that's what the mentality is, but otherwise i'd go out on a limb with my fictional statistics and say at least 60% of people are hating him cuz they jump on the bandwagon.

EDIT: Lol. LOL! People are trying to defend themselves by saying they like watching PDP because he's... "retarded"? That's stupid. He's not retarded, he's swedish and speaking english in front of a camera should still feel somewhat alien to him despite all the US friends he's made as his popularity grew. Maybe people hate him because they think he's making a strange voice for fun. I always took it as if he feels weird speaking his non-native tongue or he can't take it completely serious so he makes a stupid voice when he does it.

I'm just pissed because he said he'd upload part 2 as soon as he got 70k likes and he's now at 385k and there's still no part 2 god dammit

The whole like-baiting/begging thing is annoying in general.

EDIT: Lol. LOL! People are trying to defend themselves by saying they like watching PDP because he's... "retarded"? That's stupid. He's not retarded, he's swedish and speaking english in front of a camera should still feel somewhat alien to him despite all the US friends he's made as his popularity grew. Maybe people hate him because they think he's making a strange voice for fun. I always took it as if he feels weird speaking his non-native tongue or he can't take it completely serious so he makes a stupid voice when he does it.

The 'voice' is put on, as is the whole persona. The PewDiePie character has developed and grown over the years, probably in response to what people enjoyed and liked. His earlier videos, he speaks perfectly normal.

Toparaman

Banned
Despite his richness Pewds sure likes to pretend he's still your average guy, except he definitely spends a lot of money traveling.

Also, Pewdiepie is totally underated everywhere on the internet. Maybe I could better relate if I was 10 years older than I am now, because I'd do anything but watch people who are 5-10 years younger than myself play games on Youtube, so I can relate if that's what the mentality is, but otherwise i'd go out on a limb with my fictional statistics and say at least 60% of people are hating him cuz they jump on the bandwagon.

I'd wager most of PewDiePie's haters are about his age, which is exactly why his schtick is so transparent to us. I guarantee you that PewDiePie himself thinks his content is low-quality. But he's a shrewd and cynical businessman who's going to milk his young audience for all its worth. That's what I don't like about him. If it was just a dumb guy making dumb stuff, whatever.

I'd wager most of PewDiePie's haters are about his age, which is exactly why his schtick is so transparent to us. I guarantee you that PewDiePie himself thinks his content is low-quality. But he's a shrewd and cynical businessman who's going to milk his young audience for all its worth. That's what I don't like about him. If it was just a dumb guy making dumb stuff, whatever.

You don't like that he has found a very successful niche and is making the most of it?! He's not "milking" anything; he's making videos and judging from the number of views he gets, people are happy with his content.

The hate for PewDiePie in these topics always baffles me. I don't care for his content or commentary, but I don't hate the guy and I think good on him for being amazingly successful something he obviously loves doing.

Gbraga

How can PewDiePie have 30 million subscribers when there are only 7 million people on earth?

Even though you could've been calmer about it, I agree with most of the things you listed here. The PDP hate here is mostly based around his most annoying videos (granted, he had more than a few in his career) and his popularity among children and teens. But I feel that most of the critics here didn't see more than a couple of montages and one or two Amnesia videos.

I actually legitimately watched his videos about two years ago (before I discovered perhaps the best LPers ever, Two Best Friends Play), which was an era when his videos were littered with rape jokes, countless screams and unfunny imitations. I still watch a video or two from time to time and he REALLY toned it down. I'm sure it's still not everyone's cup of tea, but most of his videos are perfectly harmless these days.

Yep, he was unbearable during that time, but not only he toned it down, he actually made a video apologizing for stuff like the rape jokes, saying he's really sorry and offending people were never his goal, and promised he would try to stop.

I actually watch many of his videos now (and I used to hate them as much as a lot of people here), so I guess he kept his word.

I find it fascinating how he can be amused by the most repetitive and boring games in the world because he laughs at the simple things. Dude has amazing patience, I wouldn't stand playing 5 minutes of most of the stuff he plays.

And definitely agree with you on Best Friends Play. Beyond: Two Souls was GLORIOUS.

TheGamer

The game looks great. I guess I missed the biggest issue in this thread with the commentator because I played the video with no sound during work. I really tempted to pick this up.

Windpower

Banned

I have less an issue with the screaming and more issue with his constant rape jokes. Also, you're insane.

danwarb

How in fucks name does that dude have over 30 million subscribers? That cant be right.

We do what other people do and what we're used to. We are lame.

I've never heard of Pewpie. I may have seen him in an Oculus VR video.

Xpliskin

Does anybody have OT subtitle ideas? I'm dry on ideas at the moment.
top off my head

Alien Isolation |OT| : Can't spell A.I without Alien
Alien Isolation |OT| : The game is not over
Alien Isolation |OT|: Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out.

Alien Isolation |OT| : Did A.I just drop sharply while I was away?

DedValve

Banned
Man this thread is toxic....

I really want to watch the video but I wish it wasn't the intro. I never spoil intros for me. Will part 2 take place later on in the game?

Game looks great and very atmospheric but I am keeping my hopes in check.

Pewdipie isn't that bad of a guy and I don't like his schtick as I find it kind of annoying. The hate he gets shouldn't be directed at him but at his hardcore rabid fans. Every video I am watching, either Bainscratch or Two guys, there is always those fans saying "You guys are copying Pewdi" or "Hey, you should do Facecam because Pewdi does it". I'm sorry but it is obnoxious as hell.

Considering he says he's really hyped for it, really looking forward to it etc, he shows that he knows fuck all about the Alien series.

Game looks really great though. The attention to detail is superb.

Yeah what I noticed in between his fart noises and yelling was that he apparently has never seen Alien.

I'm sure barely any money was involved

Lol for real?

Alien: Isolation |OT| I admire its purity.

I like it
as long as the grammar is right

The Bitch even taunts and plays with ya........

HatefulZestyDove.gif

SO GOOD.

Alien Isolation |OT| Mother's Little Helper
Alien Isolation |OT| Elude Life Form. Priority One
Alien Isolation |OT| You Have My Sympathies

Alien: Isolation |OT| Meanwhile on the Nostromo

Alien: Isolation |OT| Paranoid Android

Alien: Isolation |OT| No safety zone

Alien: Isolation |OT| Prepare to enter stasis

Alien: Isolation |OT| Don't trust anybody

Alien: Isolation |OT| Do you read me? Over.

Top Bottom