• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien isolation first 20 min (pewdewpie warning!)

Not bad.
Have a Jonesy gif I found.
giphy.gif

Clever girl.

Wait, wrong franchise!

Alien: Isolation |OT| Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal!

This is now my favourite!

Around 15 hours according to devs.

So, filtered through my devspeak program, that's 7.5 - 10 hours for most people?

Movie and maybe game spoiler(?)
It is pretty much 100% guaranteed she won't find her mom if the 3 movies after this are anything to go by.
She may find a clone or something though.

The
clone stuff
was only in Resurrection, wasn't it? I hope they keep that shit well out of the games. Besides, there's no reason why Weyland Yutani would be
cloning Ripley yet, as they did that after Alien 3 to bring her back with the embryo inside her

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Movie and maybe game spoiler(?)
It is pretty much 100% guaranteed she won't find her mom if the 3 movies after this are anything to go by.
She may find a clone or something though.
Ripley was only cloned in Resurrection which was 100's of year's later, by time the Aliens happened Amanda had already past away
A L | E N: Isolation|OT| You Are My Lucky Star

Winter John

I watched someone streaming this on Twitch last night. I don't know if the streamer was bad at the game or what, but he walked around for over 30mins and nothing happened. It was incredibly boring. No other npcs and definitely no sign of the alien. Not sure what was up with that. The graphics looked ok though

I watched someone streaming this on Twitch last night. I don't know if the streamer was bad at the game or what, but he walked around for over 30mins and nothing happened. It was incredibly boring. No other npcs and definitely no sign of the alien. Not sure what was up with that. The graphics looked ok though

Alien Isolation |OT| In Space No-one can hear you Stream

Do we know resolution and framerate details for all four consoles yet? A Non-GAF friend of mine is trying to decide which version to pick up and would like to make an educated, informed decision.

jbug617

Banned
store page has gone up on Xbox One (console only right now). It's unavailable now but the description is for preload (unlocks at 12:01 AM EST). It's a 24.41 GB download.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Androids, and we've known about the guns for a while.

Ok that makes sense, I've been out of the loop, how much gunplay are they adding (or do we know)? I was pretty stoked for the original concept of basically no weapons (although I also see how it could fail pretty hard if they didn't get it right)

Edit: ^^^ got it perfect thanks

I'm thinking of going whole hog on this. I'm gonna marathon the Alien movies
Including Alien 3 (Director's Cut, I'm no fool), Alien:Ressurection, AvP and AvP:R
and pre-load on Xbox One to do the time-zone early unlock trick people did with Destiny.

+Aliken+

So he has never watch an Alien movie?
It is the only why I can explain his comment about the sleeping pods at the start.

So this is Ripley's daughter, right?

RipleysKidAliens.png

nice retcon, Creative Assembly

Yes I believe that's her many many years after the events of Isolation.

Or it's a fake photo from the Company to coverup the fact that she died / became the alien queen / had a sex change / whatever happens in the Isolation series.

S1kkZ

RipleysKidAliens.png

? we never knew what shed did all her life, so its not a retcon. her look in the game is based on sigourneys mom (which the picture in aliens is from), or at least how she looked when she was younger.

He doesn't seem to have a single clue that the Ripley of the movie (Ellen) is not the same person as the Ripley in the game (Amanda).

Also, at the start of the game the first thing you hear is Sigourney's voice, and he's like "who is she?". :-( Strangely enough, he goes on about how the game reminds him so much of the movie while not even recognizing the cryo sleep pods. Clearly, you have never seen the movie, Pewds.

Other than that I don't get the hate. It's gotten really old by now.
His commentary isn't particularly annoying. Despite some of the other famous youtubers he at least knows to keep his mouth shut during cut scenes and story bits.

Some janky animations aside, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

RipleysKidAliens.png

What the fuck are you talking about?
If anything, their attention to detail is nothing short of astonishing.
Isolation's Amanda is such a realistic representation of what old Amanda from Aliens might have looked like when she was younger.
They've done such a good job with her.

The only thing I don't like is her voice actress. Could she be any more wooden? Everybody else sounds good, which makes her robotic performance stand out even more.

Aeternal

Neo Member
I've some how managed to avoid watching videos from this guy but my anticipation for this game is just too great. Still very excited after seeing the intro game play, but my god you guys weren't kidding about how awful he is.

Everyone are "bros", the commentary rivals the intellect of an 11 year old.. and he is what 24? I'm all for bringing humor and sarcasm into gameplay commentary but he makes 90's Jim Carrey movies seem intelligent. If acting like an idiot are the keys to success in today's world, perhaps i should create my own youtube let's play channel and start talking out of my ass cheeks.

It's almost to good to be true. That's the thing that makes me anticipate the game so anxiously. The art design looks phenomenal, the sound design from what I heard my be award worthy, and this new-ish take on survival horror seems damn legit.

However, there is one thing that will make or break the game unsurprisingly, the xeno.
If the alien feels to overbearingly intelligent, too unpredictable, it will make the game too oppressive. It will push over the line of feeling like you made a mistake, and feel like the game is cheap. This is my biggest worry. If they nail that, see you at the end of the year, Isolation.

RetroStu

Banned
Wow the game looks very atmospheric and the music from the movie sounds great.

The game does seem a lot like those crappy oculus rift games though where you run around a maze trying to keep away from the monsters, a much bigger budgeted one though.

Has this game been reviewed yet?.

overcast

Has this game been reviewed yet?.
Nope. We're all eagerly awaiting that. Would love for this to turn out well, completely willing to support horror games, especially if it did the Alien license justice.

I've seen that the embargo is up before the game releases for sure.

Top Bottom