• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alt-right creates "Rape Melania" sign to smear anti-Trump protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm24

I'm not surprised but I'm filled with an immense desire to be in that crowd and rip up the sign, regardless of the person being a plant or not.

What's absolutely about fake shit like this to discredit anyone opposing Trump, is that it can appropriately be called out as false. So when something comes out that is legitimate against Trump or the Trump team, the neo-nazi movement can call fake news against it and get the uneducated to fall in line against the "filthy liberal media". How can people in today's world be so uneducated, I mean- I had to source every single piece of info I through together for reports in high school. And there are people in my current generation who can't grasp that concept.

Audioboxer

Jack Posobiec ‏@JackPosobiec 40m40 minutes ago
Buzzfeed runs a complete fake news hit piece on me made up by my haters, after they did same to President Trump. Hey, I'm in good company!

Jack Posobiec ‏@JackPosobiec 1h1 hour ago
Goldenshower News Network back at it again with the #FakeNews lol

Jack Posobiec ‏@JackPosobiec 2h2 hours ago
Stay classy, @Buzzfeed

C167FV4WQAcBlYS.jpg:small

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec

I'm convinced. Not enough Pepes on that Twitter profile though. Needs more Pepes.

Ugh. And they wonder why there's protesting going on about him right now & why all of the outrage...because of people like him & them.

This is certainly not helping & are fueling the fire.

lolz Buzzfeed....they are using txt apps now to do news...WOW.

?? They said the texts came from someone who worked with Posobiec and named at least one other source who strongly suspects Posobiec is the source of the signage.

What exactly is your objection to how Buzzfeed sourced their claims?

i-Lo

It's amazing isn't it, as if it's out of some work of fiction. This and the Hentai BS added as part of the report outing Trump's ties to Russia to discredit the entire report.

Alt-right certainly comprises of very creative people. Makes me wonder how best to deal with this sort of intelligent viral infection.

Alt-right certainly comprises of very creative people. Makes me wonder how best to deal with this sort of intelligent viral infection.

It's the basic maxim of computer science. Garbage in, garbage out. The input that is your data feed has to be sanitised either by you or if you have problems by only using news sources that have good standards for publishing stories. Which is why a source like Buzzfeed that has relatively low hygiene is more problematic than something like a story in the Guardian.

i-Lo

It's the basic maxim of computer science. Garbage in, garbage out. The input that is your data feed has to be sanitised either by you or if you have problems by only using news sources that have good standards for publishing stories. Which is why a source like Buzzfeed that has relatively low hygiene is more problematic than something like a story in the Guardian.

In other words, because the story originates from Buzzfeed, we ought to view it with our skeptic goggles on. Well, the odds of it being true would certainly increase if it was portrayed by another agency such as the one you mention.

However, that's not the answer to the query I put forth in my initial post.

In other words, because the story originates from Buzzfeed, we ought to view it with our skeptic goggles on. Well, the odds of it being true would certainly increase if it was portrayed by another agency such as the one you mention.

However, that's not the answer to the query I put forth in my initial post.

You want to only stop the "alt-right" with some campaign? Really if they use deceptive methods to cover that they are the source of a story then the only real solution is to bring some level headedness and scepticism to bear on all news stories. Slow things down to a manageable level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom