• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I too forgiving / out of touch with not hating games everyone else seems to?

There are games I like that everyone else does too like Ghosts of Tsushima, Zelda BoTW, Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales, ..etc.

Then there are games like various Call of Duty games including Vanguard (beta), various Assassin's Creed, and other titles which everyone pretty much dislikes or even consider a dumpster fire.

For some reason, from the great games to the games commonly considered trash, for many of them, I can find things to enjoy in them and genuinely have a good time with them. With CoD shooters, Battlefield shooters, and the like, sure, there is a bunch of frustration when playing them, but overall, I tend to find a way to enjoy time with them. Perhaps I'm just not dug in the way that community members are who can easily see the problems with maps, guns, and gameplay. With Assassin's Creed, as long as the story is entertaining on any level, I can usually enjoy the time... though, it is exhausting to try to get everything on a map.

I'm starting to feel I'm out of touch with why everyone hates everything. Though not related, I kinda do the same thing with games, .. and ... people too. Maybe I'm just too Pollyanna (If you don't get the reference, that's OK, I'm getting up there in age).

Does everyone just hate most gaming things now? I don't know what to think tbh. In a way, I'm kinda fatigued of all the hate. It makes me disconnect from online gaming related sites and media, and in some cases, social media.

No OP, you're just one of the rare examples of individuals that can think for themself and make up their own mind about what they like. You're becoming an increasingly rare breed these days.

Stay doing you, OP. Continue to enjoy games. Fuck anyone who hates the stuff you like. They and their personal opinions shouldn't matter to you.

If you need others to validate your opinion on whether you like a game or not, you're a juvenile sheep who can't think for themself.

anothertech

If you like something, that's all that matters. Don't give a single shit what anyone else on the internet thinks.

The main source of joy for most people since the dawn of the internet is hating on shit.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
OP is this what you want to be?
Lemmings-Really-Commit-Mass-Suicide-illustration.jpg

It's perfectly fine to have your own opinion. I'm used to like what people hate and hate what people like.

Barakov

There are games I like that everyone else does too like Ghosts of Tsushima, Zelda BoTW, Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales, ..etc.

Then there are games like various Call of Duty games including Vanguard (beta), various Assassin's Creed, and other titles which everyone pretty much dislikes or even consider a dumpster fire.

For some reason, from the great games to the games commonly considered trash, for many of them, I can find things to enjoy in them and genuinely have a good time with them. With CoD shooters, Battlefield shooters, and the like, sure, there is a bunch of frustration when playing them, but overall, I tend to find a way to enjoy time with them. Perhaps I'm just not dug in the way that community members are who can easily see the problems with maps, guns, and gameplay. With Assassin's Creed, as long as the story is entertaining on any level, I can usually enjoy the time... though, it is exhausting to try to get everything on a map.

I'm starting to feel I'm out of touch with why everyone hates everything. Though not related, I kinda do the same thing with games, .. and ... people too. Maybe I'm just too Pollyanna (If you don't get the reference, that's OK, I'm getting up there in age).

Does everyone just hate most gaming things now? I don't know what to think tbh. In a way, I'm kinda fatigued of all the hate. It makes me disconnect from online gaming related sites and media, and in some cases, social media.
I think your in a pretty good place honestly. You don't let all the negativty people have about games get to you. I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I like games everyone likes while still liking some AAA stuff that people shit on. Deathloop is the only one that grinds my gears. And it's not even the game itself. All the marketing and hype surrounding it makes it sound the most revolutionary thing ever. When really it's just seems like Dishounered with guns from the gameplay I've seen. I think a lot of the negativity is that people don't like to be bullshitted. That's the fine line marketing has to walk : They have to get you excited for something and not just straight up lie to you. I find it's best to like things and let other people be mad about the things you like.

Top Bottom