• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

Finally pulled the trigger on PS4 and PSV copies of Puyo Puyo Tetris ($25.92 and $23.19 US respectively) and two Amiibos: Ganondorf for $7.52 and Bowser Jr for $8.21. Shipping was $12. Pretty good deal.

Impotaku

Just added another 14 DS games to the collection while they are still cheap, only a handful of the high price big hitters to pick up now.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just added another 14 DS games to the collection while they are still cheap, only a handful of the high price big hitters to pick up now.

Do you mind sharing what you got and are still looking out for?
I'm always interested in good DS imports.

Edit: caught your post in the DS collecting thread so I'm good. :)

Prophane33

Does Star Ocean 5 have English subtitles?

Not to my knowledge. Very few non-US developed games have English subtitles. Even less likely for RPGs.

Edit: I mean very few non-western developed games released in Japan have English subtitles.

Is this a viable outlet for a Framemeister? Any benefit using this over say ebay if you are in the US?

Seeing as the only upscan converter able to be shipped globally is this. No.

Prophane33

There are some UK developed ones that has english language lol

Ack! I meant more along the lines of games published in Japan originally developed in the west, and my Amerocentric-self decided games developed in English were the sole production of the US. Apologies to my UK and European brothers and sisters!

Koppai

So much shit I want that won't ship even stuff that says Shipped and Sold by Amazon.co.jp or it's sold out and not sold by Amazon :(

Looking at the two Idolmaster Taiko games grrr...

kagamin

So much shit I want that won't ship even stuff that says Shipped and Sold by Amazon.co.jp or it's sold out and not sold by Amazon :(

Looking at the two Idolmaster Taiko games grrr...

Did you take a look at more sellers? I'm pretty sure Amazon is selling the blue version at least.

kubus

Just a heads up - I noticed that sometimes when you put something in your basket and you estimate shipping costs from here, it'll say the item can't be shipped to your location. But if you proceed with the check out process, you'll see that the item can in fact be shipped worldwide. This happened with a few items so far so if you really want something that says global shipping is unavailable, give it a try.

(Disclaimer: I haven't actually ordered anything but I can get to the page where you finalize your order so don't know if it'll still give an error if you click the final submit button)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
my order (I posted about it earlier) is now in germany and will be delivered to me today!

I ordered on wednesday last week.

Wow, 15€ shipping & taxes for a 5 day delivery from Japan?
And the Zoll didn't touch the package? That's awesome!

Amazon (or rather their logistics partner) takes care of all of that. It goes through customs, but you'll never notice. You pay an estimate upfront, and if the actual customs charges are lower they even refund you.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, 15€ shipping & taxes for a 5 day delivery from Japan?
And the Zoll didn't touch the package? That's awesome!

Amazon (or rather their logistics partner) takes care of all of that. It goes through customs, but you'll never notice. You pay an estimate upfront, and if the actual customs charges are lower they even refund you.

^this. everything is handled by amazon/dhl. I paid the import taxes for germany upfront, amazon removed japanese taxes (you could say you kind of get a ca. 8%discount) and that's it. no shit from the Zoll, no driving 1 hour with the bus to the Zoll...just order and no worries.
If we had delivery on sundays, I would have gotten my order yesterday ^^ it was chilling in Leipzig since friday.
I am so happy ;_;

Edit: for reference here is a link to my post including my bill

Vuze

^this. everything is handled by amazon/dhl. I paid the import taxes for germany upfront, amazon removed japanese taxes (you could say you kind of get a ca. 9%discount) and that's it. no shit from the Zoll, no driving 1 hour with the bus to the Zoll...just order and no worries.
If we had delivery on sundays, I would have gotten my order yesterday ^^ it was chilling in Leipzig since friday.
I am so happy ;_;

Edit: for reference here is a link to my post including my bill
Pretty amazing. I wonder if it's equally comfortable for more expensive orders, I've never had Zoll issues with small and cheap items (games, CDs, books) but consoles always caused trouble in one way or another.

Regardless, I'll give Amazon JP a shot for my next Japan import, sounds great overall.

lmao so true
Looking over your orders at the Zoll can be an interesting experience that I try to avoid as much as possible haha
Haha, indeed. No more snarky remarks from snail-paced middle-aged officials :^)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
lmao so true
Looking over your orders at the Zoll can be an interesting experience that I try to avoid as much as possible haha

4 hours zoll is my usual experience. including "nice" zoll beamte who comment on everything you import. I'm with you.

UPS or FEDEX always want you to pay special fees for them handling the zoll..so this is really amazing.

Pretty amazing. I wonder if it's equally comfortable for more expensive orders, I've never had Zoll issues with small and cheap items (games, CDs, books) but consoles always caused trouble in one way or another.

Regardless, I'll give Amazon JP a shot for my next Japan import, sounds great overall.

the way amazon handles things, you should have no problems at all, because you paid the zoll while ordering and the zoll gets a "real" bill from amazon with all the informations. there is no other store that ships stuff from japan that I know of that collects the zoll before hand in such a way. they even consider the different zoll % for books.

hey if you wanna share psn nicks, send me a message you two :D

This is pretty great, I still remember the huge custom crap when I've ordered the MGS Collection for PS2 from Play-Asia, at least we have now a option to buy from Japan on a legit basis without the customs hassle.
You also can get the HORI RAP V for cheap there I've seen.

HfRb2QB.jpg

My shiny new neon orange Vita 2000 arrived today.

It took just three days to arrive from Japan to Australia. $220 AUD in total.

Would have set me back $320 on Play-Asia.

Fucking insane.

rager

Banned
Hmm, I double checked to see if it goes through, usually I only check the product page to see if it's available for amazonglobal. It did go through, I can only go as far as the checkout page.

That one works, I but I cant get the white one to ship. Thanks for the link.

Theorymon

Ah bummer, I wasn't able to find one of those Pokemon 2DS bundles that would ship internationally :( (Was looking for Green: wanted Blue but I think that's Pokemon Center exclusive)

Top Bottom