• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does it international ship anything else besides games?

I like that Amazon group is opening up more of their wares to world orders.

They've always done books and such. Kindle products, too.

Not sure about other goods.

Kama_1082

Banned
Guys, guys...

Holy shit.

They sell download codes for digital games to foreign addresses/credit cards now, too.

This changes everything.

Just bought physical Dark Souls III for PS4 and a download code for the most recent Nobunaga no Yabou + Power Up Kit on Steam.

This is nuts.
Oh shit. Is it just steam? Any links to digital PS4 gsmrs?

tiijj

Don't buy many books nowdays but will bear that in mind if theres a huge chunky super heavy one. hehe

That's how I buy my manga, magazine, and guides.

It's flat rate as well, you pay like 900 yen per item (manga). They charge you 900 yen shipping if you buy 1 volume or for the entire series of let's say 12 volume.

Heck yes! The fact that I could buy books/CDs/Movies but needed a forwarding service to buy n3DS faceplates or Amiibo was ridonk.

Demise

Really, really good news. I can't read japanese for shit but damn that's a huge game changer and very nice for players in general.

Sakura

Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis.

Estimated delivery date is Sunday, 03/13 - Monday, 03/14. That can't be right, right?

Usually takes about a week for games to get to me when I import them. Seems normal.
I think when I've imported with FedEx before, they've had the game to me as fast as like 2 or 3 business days.

down 2 orth

Amazon.co.jp is awesome. I had to return a defective product on there once and it went through no problem. I didn't even have to pay for shipping. Japanese retailers on the other hand can't compete for prices and are extremely difficult to deal with regarding returns. It's nice to see some competition giving them a wake up call.

My last amazon.co.jp purchase was Yakuza Ishin. I haven't gotten very far yet, but its a decent looking launch game and pretty fun to play. Translation site.

Edit: The only thing that's kind of tough is purchasing imports into Japan, as they're always more expensive and the markups are really high. All those sites losing business to amazon now might want to consider testing the waters in that area.

The_Kid

Hmmm, ordered something using my card and my address (not tenso), immediately got a call from fraud prevention services saying that a charge for 0$ to a catalog company was declined (Im assuming that's amazon). I said it was me.

Im wondering if this would cause issues for the order later on, if the authorization charge was initially declined.

Koppai

qybsQOU.png

This has awakened something dark inside of me.

Wait, I thought only games worked? I tried to buy Nendoroids sold by them but it says its not possible.

Jiraiza

Hmmm, ordered something using my card and my address (not tenso), immediately got a call from fraud prevention services saying that a charge for 0$ to a catalog company was declined (Im assuming that's amazon). I said it was me.

Im wondering if this would cause issues for the order later on, if the authorization charge was initially declined.

You should get a notice from Amazon that your card was declined. Once you got it cleared from your company, you can retry your card again on the Orders page.

tips: always tick this filter to easily know which one is global shippable when you search for something (although sometime the filter doesn't properly work, dunno why).... and actually certain figures can be shipped overseas
2d6d50de40.png

the only new stuff is the games... ost/artbook/etc. are old news, it's importable for years already

tiijj

How do you get it to display your local currency before checkout?
It's not converting to CAD for me

We are not special enough :(

Amazon Currency Converter supports these currencies:

Australian Dollar (AUD)
Danish Krone (DKK)
Euro (EUR)
Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Norwegian Krone (NOK)
Pound Sterling (GBP)
South African Rand (ZAR)
Swedish Krona (SEK)
Swiss Franc (CHF)
U.S. Dollars (USD)

The_Kid

You should get a notice from Amazon that your card was declined. Once you got it cleared from your company, you can retry your card again on the Orders page.

Just said I ordere them to fraud prevention services, but nothing from Amazon. Order is still up so *shrug*

web01

Currency convert is a rip off, Your bank exchange rate is likely better unless you have a shit bank / card.

cuilan

As someone who has had a number of issues with Play Asia in the past, I do hope this forces them to improve their prices and business practices.

Stranger of Sword City XB1 pre-order wouldn't work with my new Amazon of Japan account or my wife's older original account :-/

Just pre-order it on AmiAmi instead.

Too bad my debit/credit card (credit union) makes international sales a royal pain in the rear to do, as there's some stuff I'd probably take advantage of due to this. Had to call them up last time I bought from Amazon.co.jp to authorize my card when I bought an art book.)

Really need to pick up a credit card that doesn't have an issue with international purchases ones of these days.

But nice to see them doing this, should get some decent sales out of it.

Top Bottom