• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Leak: Darksiders 3 (THQ Nordic, Gunfire) - 2018, Fury, PS4/XB1/PC

BraXzy

Surprised by the hype on the first page. I never really paid attention to the first 2 games but I always go thte impression they were so-so / mediocre. I guess I'm wrong?

Tiops

OMG, awesome news. Main character looks cool too (didn't play Darksiders 2 so I'm not sure if it's a known character).

Jyrii

Banned
I didn't enjoy Darksiders that much and only liked the first 1/3 of the second one. But still for some odd reason I am excited.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm guessing next year, around February-March release, August latest for 2018

Canadian

I played both and enjoyed 2 over 1. The music, environments, and combat all felt better to me in 2. I also liked that they added in loot to the game.

Really glad the series is getting a sequel, not enough games use a 3D Zelda formula.

drotahorror

Surprised by the hype on the first page. I never really paid attention to the first 2 games but I always go thte impression they were so-so / mediocre. I guess I'm wrong?

Probably something to do with the main character. People seem to be hype over her.

amazon has 31 december 2018 as placeholder date

giphy.gif

jediyoshi

Probably something to do with the main character. People seem to be hype over her.

No? People genuinely liked the first game.

It's from the continued era of B-tier games having gone away, it didn't live or die by giant critical reception swings one way or the other.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm surprised nobody bullied OP because of his thread title fuck up.

Edit: Nvm.

Corpekata

Banned

Not really (though I'm sure plenty will like the design). The series might not be masterpieces but they are generally well received and the first game ended on a massive cliffhanger. People are hyped because it was assumed with the death of THQ a third would never be made.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMG, awesome news. Main character looks cool too (didn't play Darksiders 2 so I'm not sure if it's a known character).

Each game is a concurrent story being played out the same time

Darksiders I stuff happening is happening along side Darksiders II, you get tidbits of info from each game for each other "Heroes" doings

Like Darksiders I you have "No will come save or help you, even your "brothers in arm" aren't around"

Then when you play Darksiders II, you understand why Death is doing what he's doing to help his brother War

Now I'm guessing III will be the same setup, storyline either carrying from DSI or sprinkles of DSI & DSII and you as Fury go through a story that's parallel to the others

MikeSan

This makes me happy, hope it's real.

I would love to have a game close to the first one in terms of game design and the fighting speed and agility of Death.

Savitar

Out of nowhere!

The series at one point was considered dead but it kept getting ported and remastered so it shows they believed in it still, not that was expecting anything new.

May it be good, looks nice so far.

Canadian

Will I need to play the previous games to understand the story?

The description doesn't really explain that.

Probably not, my guess is they'll do a summary at the start of 3.

I would recommend that you play 1 & 2 if you like action games with light puzzles. The games focus for me was on gameplay, and I'd recommend playing them for that. If you're looking for a story driven game I'd probably skip them.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
4 horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Fury was always female though, and both fury and strife are made up Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Whereas in real life theyre Pestilence and Famine

In "real life" the other two horsemen are Conquest and Famine. The popular culture replacement of Conquest with Pestilence is a 20th century thing.

Well, given the nature of the leak, it could just mean the Switch version is the only one not revealed... but could just be how long it was under wraps meant THQ Nordic decided not to aim for the system, and might port later.

If it's a game made specifically for the Xbone/PS4 level of hardware and beyond (as in Scorpio and Pro), there will be no Switch port. Not powerful enough. And really probably not enough of an install base just yet to be worth it even if it was.

Akai__

It's one of those days where you get reminded that THQ is actually back again and not dead anymore. Like, I always forget that they fused and got revived.

On Topic: Very nice news. I enjoyed 1 & 2 and thought that they were pretty okay games. Good to see that THQ is back with it.

Hektor

Will I need to play the previous games to understand the story?

The description doesn't really explain that.

The structure of the first two games is a bit like marvel movies, constantly teasing a big crossover between the individual games and their leads, if you can imagine what I mean, chances are that will continue with 3 and an eventual 4th game

Top Bottom