• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Leak: Darksiders 3 (THQ Nordic, Gunfire) - 2018, Fury, PS4/XB1/PC

I own both games, but I've never played them. I vaguely recall DS2 getting disappointing reviews and then I just gave up on starting with the first one!

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that looks great. Hopefully they'll get Jesper Kyd back and get Tricia Helfer as the Voice for Fury.

So with the way this is going...

Darksiders 1 - War

Darksiders 2 - Death

Darksiders 3 - Fury

Darksiders 4 - Strife

Darksiders 5-
giphy.gif

Avengers style huh. That reminds me, are there any other games that do this? Introducing each character in one game and put them later together?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

OMFG, dreams do come true

Platinumed Darksiders I & II, still working on the Remastered versions, Ready FOR Fucking III

LETS GO!

Give me that weapon feeding mechanic please
Was so good in Darksiders II, building my Scythe and Hammer to unimaginable powers was such a pleasure

Fury was female since the very first game.
Perhaps I have no idea what happened​ in the previous games, but both of those guys seemed to be generally male. I bought the second one on Wii U and thought they referred to him as male (and he seemed "generally" male). I guess I need to revisit the series.

Rymuth

So with the way this is going...

Darksiders 1 - War

Darksiders 2 - Death

Darksiders 3 - Fury

Darksiders 4 - Strife

Darksiders 5-
giphy.gif
Nah, the fifth game stars Kaos, the fifth Horseman. He left before they became famous :3

RIP Terry Pratchett

prudislav

i remember originally DS3 was meant to be coop with Fury and Strife as main chars to finish the story... but probably under Nordic they had to scale it down

Darksiders 3 wishlist:
DS2 combat
Loot can fuck off
Game length between 1 and 2
Actually well designed quests and levels(1 was good 2 was eh)
More great massive bosses

Awesome, it's finally happening! But please, for the love of all that is holy, continue the story after the first games cliffhanger. I'm also really happy the ex Vigil folks are working on this.

YOUR RIGHT, I'M WRONG. YOUR BETTER AT ME THAN EVERYTHING IN LIFE

What a anti climatic reveal. We don't even know if Joe Mad is involved or Mark Hamill.

The Watcher is dead from the first game. Mark Hamill didn't return for Darksiders 2. I am curious if Joe Mad knows about this and is involved, although I'ma guess he's not due to being busy with his own game studio.

-MB-

If you mean a Switch version coming a bit later, I don't think they're the only developer that will do that

No Wiiu getting a late port of an older game in the series, whilst they announce a new one + collection of the first 2 for the other systems.

They might just as well shitcan that version now, if anyoen were to buy it for a dead system before, they sure as hell won't now.

Firenze1

Banned
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden and Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden.

Where is gunfire located?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope it's "open world" like the past two games were and not actually open world

I think, structurally, it'll be more alone the lines of the original than the sequel -- a series of smaller interconnected levels. Nordic doesn't have deep pockets and a game the size of 2 wouldn't come cheap.

The Watcher is dead from the first game. Mark Hamill didn't return for Darksiders 2. I am curious if Joe Mad knows about this and is involved, although I'ma guess he's not due to being busy with his own game studio.

Whose game is going to be published by THQ Nordic.

Just sayin'... :p

Wouldn't be surprised if he gave a few major character design notes or something.

Also, I was hoping for Strife, but Fury looks cool AF. Also, I hope tragic is working there on combat. Please, I need that.

The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden and Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden.

Where is gunfire located?
Not an internal studio. Gunfire is indie.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

Isn't THQ Nordic also Publisher/Distributor for Battle Chasers: Nightwar, the other Ex-Vigil Members (Airship Syndicate) that Joe is currently working on?

Keasar

Cool!

Really thought that Darksiders were interesting games. The first one having a bit of a trouble finding it's own niche but really coming together in the second one. Hopefully they'll try to develop the combat from the second game further while having cooler dungeons and missions like the first game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Those years of buying remaster after remaster have finally paid off!

Well, given the nature of the leak, it could just mean the Switch version is the only one not revealed... but could just be how long it was under wraps meant THQ Nordic decided not to aim for the system, and might port later.

Probably just intended as a style of play. Ie, she uses magic more than her other brethren.

In theory, it could also be announced later: both Sine Mora EX and Battle Chasers: Nightwar were originally PS4/Xbox One/PC, but they were announced for Switch during the last Direct. But I guess we'll see; anyway, extremely glad to see the brand alive again. Quite liked the first one, but DS2 is still in my backlog...

Playsage

I'm so happy right now

Wonder which contemporary game design choices are they going to implement in this new game
something something Dark Souls

Famassu

Loved the first one on PS3

Waiting forever for playing the second one on PS4...is it good?
Vastly improved combat, story doesn't quite continue in the way you'd want after 1 and it's more fetch questy. People in general were a bit disappointed though it wasn't bad at all. Worth a playthrough, easily.

Hektor

Perhaps I have no idea what happened​ in the previous games both of those guys seemed to be generally male. I bought tht second one on Wii U and thought they referred to him as male (and he seemed "generally" male). I guess I need to revisit the series.

Well yea, both the first protags war and death were.

Fury however, the third of the four horsemen, has always been female as you can see here

http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Fury

Zaru

I hope this will be at least as good as the previous Darksiders games were at their time. Enjoyed both quite a lot.

.la1n

I never did power through part two but loved the hell out of the first game. It depends which way this one leans.

Top Bottom