• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Leak: Darksiders 3 (THQ Nordic, Gunfire) - 2018, Fury, PS4/XB1/PC

4 horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Fury was always female though, and both fury and strife are made up Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Whereas in real life theyre Pestilence and Famine

Its not

Yeah Amazon making fakes now...

It isn't fake. All the media is straight from Amazon.

Want to put some money on that? If real, buy everyone in the thread a copy ;)

It's totally legit.

YOUR RIGHT, I'M WRONG. YOUR BETTER AT ME THAN EVERYTHING IN LIFE

What a anti climatic reveal. We don't even know if Joe Mad is involved or Mark Hamill.

Loved the first one on PS3

Waiting forever for playing the second one on PS4...is it good?

Darksiders 2 is more of a loot based (think Diablo) action RPG. It still has the Zelda style dungeons, but it's more focused on the combat side. The fighting system is fun, but it's not really difficult. The hammer is ridiculously overpowered though.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Hopefully the female main actually has meaning and isn't just "hey we have female buy our product because topical". As far as the other two games are concerned, they lacked polish, so it's a point to note. Interested, but give me a reason to buy day one.

Fury was always a lady. It'd be weird to not spotlight her eventually.

martino

giphy.gif

Wasn't sure if they'd ever make another one of these. Hopefully they continue the story from the first game this time instead of it being a prequel again.

FDC1

No Switch version? That's a bit surprising given that the previous two titles are on Wii U.

The first 2 titles are on Wii U because the games were made for PS360 and WiiU was on the same ballpark power-wise than this systems. They were easy ports. It's a different situation for Switch.

Amir0x

Banned
LOL at no Switch version.

Even Wii U got Darksiders 1 and 2.

There were last gen versions of Darksiders for Wii U to receive ports of.

This game is clearly being built w/ systems much more technically capable than the Switch in mind. Most publishers/devs arent going to put the extra money and effort into such a version just to make it work for an audience that has good odds of ignoring it anyway.

Them's the breaks when you always try to do things differently. Trade certain benefits for certain losses.

Hopefully the female main actually has meaning and isn't just "hey we have female buy our product because topical". As far as the other two games are concerned, they lacked polish, so it's a point to note. Interested, but give me a reason to buy day one.

1. Furi was always female in Darksiders.

2. So what if it's topical to have a female character?

Exciting, I just replayed these games not too long ago. Really hope Jesper Kyd comes back on board, the track for fighting the huge guardian field boss in DS2 is amazing. Also, I guess it's fairly easy to emulate but I would love if Joe Mad put in some more of his 90s ass bulky character designs, even if it's the other splinter of Vigil.

YESSSS LOOKS SO GOOD, BRING IT ON!

Have they done anything since? Or is this their first new game after DS2?

I believe after the turmoil of the THQ dismiss they haven't had the chance to do anything before this, no. They did work on Crytek USA for a while before getting bought by Nordic and funding Gunfire if I'm not mistaken but they didn't have their own project there.

So with the way this is going...

Darksiders 1 - War

Darksiders 2 - Death

Darksiders 3 - Fury

Darksiders 4 - Strife

Darksiders 5-
giphy.gif

Top Bottom