• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon : Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC up for pre-order tomorrow ($20)

In particular, for us Europeans it will probably be 25% off €30, which is quite a bit more than $20.

Oh. Well, $20 is still better than €20.

That's exactly what I'm waiting to see. If it's going to be 20€ or such. Otherwise, I'll just buy it on Amazon for 20 dollars.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If AU gets mangled as usual I'm expecting a yank to step up so I can get my US$20 Revengeancing.

dinopoke

Do you guys think this will come out on retail? I don't think Lords of Shadow did so I'm guessing that chances are not high.

Hypron

I already spent about NZ$150 on that game ($110 for the game, plus around 40 for all the DLCs -in total that's the same amount I bought my wii-U for lol-) but I can't resist buying it again. Especially at that price. Just the convenience of having it on PC is already worth it (going from reading gaf to playing a game in a matter of seconds is just amazing)... The graphical upgrades and the boss rush mode are just icing on the cake.

Forkball

$20 is a good price, but I heard this game is pretty short, about five or so hours. Does it encourage replays or have a lot of cool extra post game features like other MGS games?

Gbraga

$20 is a good price, but I heard this game is pretty short, about five or so hours. Does it encourage replays or have a lot of cool extra post game features like other MGS games?

Yep, it's a solid character action game, replay value is a fundamental part of the experience. You can tell from seeing how many people who already played it on consoles are excited for the Boss Rush mode.

hwalker84

Amazon has a digital promotion that applies when you go to checkout making the game only $15

Special Offers and Product Promotions

Platform: PC Download | Edition: Standard

•Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

•Digital Games $5 Holiday Credit: Purchase anything from the Digital Games Store from November 21 - December 31 and get a $5 promotional credit to spend on our 2013 Editor's Choice Games. Promotional credit emails will be sent out on or shortly after January 3, 2014.

Nabs

Amazon has a digital promotion that applies when you go to checkout making the game only $15

You get a 5 dollar coupon for a future purchase. The game has to be on the editor's choice list, and you can only use it in January.

Hypron

It's longer than 5 hours. The end screen might show 5 hours but it doesn't count cutscenes or the times you died (so if you die on a boss 5 times and it takes you a total of 20 minutes but your successful try only lasted 5 minutes, it'll count 5 minutes instead of 20). But anyway, even with all of this in mind the first time you play through the game will probably take you longer than that, even according to the ingame timer.

And the game is really replayable. Higher difficulties mix things up quite a bit.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Preordered. (Amazon is doing good with their PC DD holiday sales)

now hopefully this sell good and SEGA notice.

How long will the Amazon deal be up?

Guess would be 2 days. They are matching what Steam is doing (daily today for MGR:R) which will last 48 hours. After that time, it will be 20% off until release.

I'm waiting to see if Steam has and pre-order bonuses and then jump on the Amazon one for the $5 back.

Amazon will have it for $20 also and purchasing from its DD store is just a matter of adding a US-based billing address to your account. I myself use the address of Google's CA-based HQ.

How do you actually pay for it? Don't you need an US credit card?

Edit: It's apparently the same price on DLGamer, a Steam key vendor I've never used (referenced by isthereanydeal.com)
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-meta...r=246&typnews=lstprodpartner&affil=3429886050
These guys seem to accept PayPal... anyone bought from them before?

I too got the game for $15 but I don't remember having any existing credit.

Guess would be 2 days. They are matching what Steam is doing (daily today for MGR:R) which will last 48 hours. After that time, it will be 20% off until release.

I'm waiting to see if Steam has and pre-order bonuses and then jump on the Amazon one for the $5 back.
I preordered earlier on Amazon and didn't get the $5, so I'm not sure it's directly related to the preorder.

I preordered earlier on Amazon and didn't get the $5, so I'm not sure it's directly related to the preorder.

Digital Games $5 Holiday Credit: Purchase anything from the Digital Games Store from November 21 - December 31 and get a $5 promotional credit to spend on our 2013 Editor's Choice Games. Promotional credit emails will be sent out on or shortly after January 3, 2014.

You're fine

Mrbob

Nice catch. Got to use my 10 percent off on top of the 20 so I got it for 15.99 from gamefly.

Edit: No I didn't, that sucks. Math fail. My 10 percent off got overridden by the coupon code.

Durante

It seems like this game is getting cheaper by the hour. First the 20 USD Amazon deal, then 13.38€ on EU Steam, now 16 USD on GameFly :p

Sentenza

Just bought on Steam for 13,39€.
It was a good deal and I felt somehow the impulse to support Platinum's first approach to Steam.

Now I guess I'll just need to wait and see if it's going to be something I actually like, which I'm not really sure because quite frankly this is the Platinum/Clover game I had the least interest in.

Revven

This deal is so tempting with my recent $71 from trading in one of my college books... but I really don't know if I want to when I know it'll go even lower a month later. I could wait a month or more because I played MGR so much already on my PS3.

Decisions... decisions......!

Sounds like a solid port, and $20 is less than I expected.

A gts450 is really fucking slow. That's €50 worth of GPU.

I was talking about the CPU requierements rather than the GPU requirements, but perhaps I got that wrong too and they're not that high for the minimum? Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this game.

Top Bottom