• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK offering £10 off a £50 purchase today only (Valid on Pre-orders)

Kyonashi

Amazon UK announced today that, to celebrate being voted the number one organisation in the UK for Customer Service (according to a survey by The Institute of Customer Service, which is apparently a real organisation), the company is letting each and every customer get £10 off a purchase of £50 or more for one day only.

Used my code to cancel and re-order NieR Automata and Zelda:BotW for £10 off - thought this might be a useful PSA for others.

Code is BIGTHANKS

Prime users £2 off discount still applies on top of it too, bringing my total discount to £14.

EDIT: Offer terms state digital downloads aren't included, giftcards/PSN credit falls into that.

Murman

Thanks for the heads up OP, did you get emailed a code?

Edit: Nvm just saw it on the Amazon front page lol

Yeah it's a great promotional offer. I re-ordered Horizon Zero Dawn + Yooka Laylee for £61 and Zelda: BotW + ruler for £38.50.

EGM1966

Cheers - that nicely covered Gravity Rush 2 and finally getting around to getting The Thing (original) on Blu Ray.

IvorB

Thanks, OP. Does anyone know if it needs to be 50 quid on one item or will a basket value of 50 be fine?

Edit: Never mind. Looked it up.

*Splinter

Bought £50 PSN credit, BIGTHANKS code was accepted but total didn't update. Clicked through to the next screen and... nope, think I just paid £50 for £50 :(

Also this thread should be moved to OT, I'm sure lots of folks could use this.

Edit:
Offer terms state digital downloads aren't included, guessing PSN credit falls into that.
Whoops

DesuNe

Pre-order it again using the code and then cancel your old pre-order.

That sucks, you went about it in the wrong order!
Yep. Annoying thing is I could place the order. Both in my basket. Then all of a sudden I get an error and Yakuza is no longer in my basket!! Ugh, emailing support. Hope I get some joy.

Edit: Nevermind. Tried again it was for sale again. Thank God. Thanks OP.

If you have prime, you can get Zelda and MK8 switch for £80.98, and they charge separately upon ship too. £42.50 for Zelda and £38.50 for MM8. Fantastic prices!

Why doesn't Amazon UK have a Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia listing? :(

It's one of those matters where I'm hardly making any savings once I get myself up to £50 (using Zelda Wii U and something else).

Bought £50 PSN credit, BIGTHANKS code was accepted but total didn't update. Clicked through to the next screen and... nope, think I just paid £50 for £50 :(

Also this thread should be moved to OT, I'm sure lots of folks could use this.

Offer terms state digital downloads aren't included, guessing PSN credit falls into that.

*Splinter

That's what I get for not reading the small print then. Think it's a bit scummy the code was "accepted" when it wasn't valid, but oh well. I didn't actually lose anything
until I impulse buy more rocket league keys

Ozzie001

Neo Member
I have a quick question: Lets say I pre-order Mario Kart and BoTW and apply the £10 voucher, is it possible to cancel Mario Kart and keep the £10 offer for Zelda after I pre-ordered or will it become invalid as the total is less than £50?

They've removed the ability to preorder Yakuza 0... Hopefully that's because of unexpected demand as the game needs the sales.

Edit: And now the option is back again... :p

Tizoc

I COULD use this to get some 3DS games...
Maybe Mario Kart 7+DQ8
Or some books
only I could get them cheaper elsewhere

Murman

Fuck. Cancelled my Yakuza 0 to bundle with another game. No longer in stock. Oh great...

Might be worth checking throughout the day. If people (like me) cancelled their yakuza pre-order to reorder, that stock my take a while to free up so to speak.

It might not work like that but worth checking out throughout the day.

Edit: Looks like Yakuza 0 is available again!

Top Bottom