• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK offering £10 off a £50 purchase today only (Valid on Pre-orders)

Spades

Cross posting but if you speak to a rep, you can get the discount applied to an existing pre-order:

T7E9tgs.png

Every little helps.

E-phonk

Banned
just bought zelda: botw switch
so i guess i'll better order the console too now. Doing a lot of long flights in march otherwise i would've waited 'till the end of the year.

Does that mean we get even more money off? Say it drops by £5, would my £38 pre-order go down to £33?

Yeah that's exactly what should happen. If Horizon Zero Dawn drops below £44, I expect Amazon to charge me accordingly as well.

Cool, thanks. I'll try it with Persona 5, which I can't see remaining at £49.99.

Cool 😀

I have a quick question: Lets say I pre-order Mario Kart and BoTW and apply the £10 voucher, is it possible to cancel Mario Kart and keep the £10 offer for Zelda after I pre-ordered or will it become invalid as the total is less than £50?

Yeah it will become invalid, afaik.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Almost went for a Mass Effect Andromeda pre-order, but decided I'd rather wait for reviews. Only other thing I'm after at the moment is a gopro but £10 that off isn't really worth pulling the trigger just yet.

Mascot

Is this just for games? Added a couple of cheap games and a sandwich press for £55 total, code wasn't accepted.

Baleoce

Ha, was going to get that crucial mx 525gb ssd. But lo and behold it's gone up £10 from £110 to £120

Code straight up not working for me.

Thought it was because I had a gift card balance applied, but won't work without either.

Could pick up Zelda Wii U for £5 ;_;

EDIT: Oh wait over £50... Damn

Saiyan-Rox

Tempted to use it to get ME Andromeda for 30...hmmmmm

The fact a boxed version is £10 cheaper than a Digital Code still makes my blood boil

DavidDesu

Since all the Switch hype recently I keep looking at the 2DS Mario Kart bundle... Was £80 last time I looked on Amazon, but now £76! With this deal obviously £66.... sound good?

I shouldn't be buying anything though mind...

JonnyKong

Since all the Switch hype recently I keep looking at the 2DS Mario Kart bundle... Was £80 last time I looked on Amazon, but now £76! With this deal obviously £66.... sound good?

I shouldn't be buying anything though mind...

Oo this sounds tempting! 65 quid for a console and game like a good deal.

Does amazon UK not sell the PS4 Pro directly? Was just messing about and could only find the slim or og 1tb ones sold by then, rest by other sellers.

I'm an idiot.

So this morning I decide to preorder Yakuza 0 with a £10 gift card. Then I notice this offer just now and decide to cancel the order so I can reorder it alongside Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Would be £54 for both after the offer and gift card is applied. Bargain. But of course Yakuza 0 is now out of stock so I can't...

EDIT: Oh, now it's back...Crisis averted!
EDIT 2: Or not, it's not letting me preorder it. Gah!

Tregard

Soothsayer
Cross posting but if you speak to a rep, you can get the discount applied to an existing pre-order:

T7E9tgs.png

Every little helps.

What did you say to the rep? I've been talking to someone and they are saying I can't have the code applied to an existing order

Venom.

I've just tried it with Zelda: BOTW and i got the message "There was a problem. The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." Anybody know why?

GeeTeeCee

I've just tried it with Zelda: BOTW and i got the message "There was a problem. The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." Anybody know why?

Did you order anything else with it? Switch version is £49.99 and so is one penny short of the minimum spend, I think.

Picross 3D Round 2, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator and The Last Guardian: An Extraordinary Story book from Future Press for £55.58, lovely.

budpikmin

How reliable are amazon at getting preordered games to you on launch day if you don't have prime?

Very tempted to order Zelda with this code but I'm worried I won't have it on launch day.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How reliable are amazon at getting preordered games to you on launch day if you don't have prime?

Very tempted to order Zelda with this code but I'm worried I won't have it on launch day.

Have you tried the 1 month Prime trial? You could also make a new account if you have and get another free trial.

GeeTeeCee

I'm having a nightmare of a time deciding on anything. Maybe pre-order Horizon and Persona 5? But I still haven't finished Persona 4. Breath of the Wild Wii U? Still have to play Wind Waker HD.

There's such a thing as too much choice.

Anyone know what happens if I order an in stock item and a preorder with the code, then cancel the preorder? Looking to go with BOTW Switch, but still not fully convinced I'm going to get the console at launch. Can't find the option to deliver everything at once, so don't want to get a 10-15p item delivered then be locked into a copy of Zelda I might not want in the end.

budpikmin

Have you tried the 1 month Prime trial? You could also make a new account if you have and get another free trial.

Yeah, I used a trial over christmas so I don't have one at the moment. I don't have great experience with amazon as a non prime user so I'm worried about ordering this

Mass Effect and Persona ordered.

Booyah! Would have anyway but cheaper now.

I'm with Prime and TWICE in the last 6 months I have had to ring up and moan about a preorder not arriving on the right day.
They gave me big discounts and 'urgent' delivery notices etc... but it still pissed me off.

I live in Cambridgeshire so not exactly the outer fucking hebrides

notaskwid

I tried to buy Resident evil 7 with the discount which became 50.50 after ports... Do the ports do not count?
(I'm not in the UK)

Spades

What did you say to the rep? I've been talking to someone and they are saying I can't have the code applied to an existing order

First rep I spoke to was exactly like that. Second dude was super helpful and offered to do this before I even directly asked.

GeeTeeCee

I'm with Prime and TWICE in the last 6 months I have had to ring up and moan about a preorder not arriving on the right day.
They gave me big discounts and 'urgent' delivery notices etc... but it still pissed me off.

I live in Cambridgeshire so not exactly the outer fucking hebrides

On the whole, I found the free release day delivery they do (or did? I don't know if it's still running) for game pre-orders to be way more reliable than the Prime delivery service.

Neither is perfect though, as I've had items either failed to be delivered, or in one case someone in the depot had opened up the game box, stole the disc, hastily replaced the shrinkwrap and then packaged it up and sent it out. To be fair this is only a few bad cases out of over a decade worth of deliveries.

Top Bottom