• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK offering £10 off a £50 purchase today only (Valid on Pre-orders)

Skii

I can't think of anything I need. But the prospect of getting a £10 discount might make me buy something anyway... :/

Tregard

Soothsayer
First rep I spoke to was exactly like that. Second dude was super helpful and offered to do this before I even directly asked.

Second person claimed they were also unable to apply the discount to existing orders :/ Don't know what I'm doing wrong here

On the whole, I found the free release day delivery they do (or did? I don't know if it's still running) for game pre-orders to be way more reliable than the Prime delivery service.

Neither is perfect though, as I've had items either failed to be delivered, or in one case someone in the depot had opened up the game box, stole the disc, hastily replaced the shrinkwrap and then packaged it up and sent it out. To be fair this is only a few bad cases out of over a decade worth of deliveries.

Yeah I had this happen to me on Xmas day.
My wife got me FFX remaster and some asshole had took a blade to the strip and took the disc out so it still appeared sealed.

Nzyme32

I completely forgot amazon have the bizarre need to lock some games behind an Amazon Prime PayWall. Not going to bother since what I want is unavailable

Can't order Dragon Ball Fusions for 3Ds. It's like everyone I want is gone or I don't want to spend money on today.

Couldn't get it applied to a previous order by the way.

bryanee

Did it for Breath of the Wild on Switch.

I'll be getting a 57p ruler in the post during the next week. Nice.

Son Of D

If I use the code for a pre-order and something to buy now does the code take £10 off the item I'm buying now, the item I'm pre-ordering or does it split the £10 between the two items?

If I use the code for a pre-order and something to buy now does the code take £10 off the item I'm buying now, the item I'm pre-ordering or does it split the £10 between the two items?
I believe it splits the £10 between the two items, but proportionally.

For example, I bought Zelda and Mario Kart 8 - £49.99 and £44.99 respectively.

I got £2 off each because of Prime (so £47.99 and £42.99).

After the £10 off, my total for Zelda is £42.63 and my total for Mario Kart 8 is £38.35.

So £5.36 off Zelda and £4.64 off Mario Kart 8.

Son Of D

I believe it splits the £10 between the two items, but proportionally.

For example, I bought Zelda and Mario Kart 8 - £49.99 and £44.99 respectively.

I got £2 off each because of Prime (so £47.99 and £42.99).

After the £10 off, my total for Zelda is £42.63 and my total for Mario Kart 8 is £38.35.

So £5.36 off Zelda and £4.64 off Mario Kart 8.

Had a feeling it'll be split. Thanks.

Septic360

Banned
I'd say it will only work on a 'new' order. I had to cancel my BOTW pre-order and re-order to use the code.

Yeah so long story short; the guy couldn't retrospectively add the discount to my Switch.

Instead he gave me a month's free Prime which is cool I guess. Although mine's a rolling subscription but yeah, better than nothing.

I'll get Zelda though

notaskwid

Apparently the shipping cost is not included on the discount calculation.
Applied to a prime trial and got Resident Evil and Digimon, not a bad deal.

Top Bottom