• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMC releases teasers for two new 2015 series: 'Humans' and 'Enter the Badlands'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched all 5 seasons of The Wire and it's probably one of my least favorite shows of all time. It's well researched and it's fairly critic proof in the sense there are no major continuity errors. That being said, I found the universe extremely uninteresting and I would certainly never watch it again. It's well produced I guess, but compared to something like Breaking Bad or Firefly I found it quite forgettable and I can totally see why some people wouldn't care for it at all. Just because something is "realistic" doesn't make it "superior" to other shows.

Who implied this?

bengraven

So Badlands sounds very "western"ish and showed a plantation style home...are we to assume this is one of those "Eastern character wandering the old west" stories?

I thought Humans was some sort of A.I. spinoff after seeing William Hurt and the fact that the show looks to deal with artificial intelligence/robots.

Pachimari

Humans gotta be my most anticipated show this summer alongside Wayward Pines.

That repeated laugh by the end made me laugh, and the actress is beautiful.

Bandlands could be either fucking awesome, or amazingly shitty.

bruh...for real? I'm only 3 seasons into The Wire, and while it's good...it ain't got shit on BB.
Don't know why you got banned, but I'm going to pretend it was for this nonsense.

Trailer bump

Ain't seen this posted anywhere, apologies if it already has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpjJbaXqwyI

June on Channel 4.

Think it looks decent enough. Direction (only a trailer I know) seems somewhat underwhelming. Good cast.

image.php

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So Badlands sounds very "western"ish and showed a plantation style home...are we to assume this is one of those "Eastern character wandering the old west" stories?

I thought it was a mix, east meets west kind of deal, since they say it's set in feudal lands and inspired by Journey to the West, so I would assume there's more Chinese influence than just the lead character.

Humans looks cool, but after getting burn on Almost Human I don't know if I can get excited for another TV show about androids who develop humanity.

Humans is slightly intriguing, but I'm already going to give Aquarius and that Matt Dillon show a shot this spring. I'll maybe check it out, though.

I'm not into martial arts at all, so Badlands won't interest me.

L1NETT

UK Press screening was today

Boyd Hilton liked it

New Channel 4 drama #Humans coming soon is a bit like a mashup of A.I., Blade Runner, Her, Ex Machina and Black Mirror. And really good

Empire

Just saw episode 1 of AMC/ C4's Humans. Blade Runner meets The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. Slick and intriguing

CFTytvBW0AAoqyY.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Humans’ Sets New Drama Record For C4

Humans, the eight-part sci-fi co-production from AMC and the UK’s Channel 4, debuted in Britain on Sunday night, setting a new record for the network. With 4M viewers and an 18.3% share, it became Channel 4’s biggest original drama series launch ever, and more than doubled the slot average — up 166% for volume and 183% for share.

Nice overseas performance!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yo6pA04.jpg

He's got a motorcycle!? I guess this isn't a period piece after all (unless it's a weird "period piece with modern elements" type thing like Samurai Champloo...).

RPGCrazied

Yo6pA04.jpg

He's got a motorcycle!? I guess this isn't a period piece after all (unless it's a weird "period piece with modern elements" type thing like Samurai Champloo...).

Odd. I thought it was going to be back in the Samurai days or something. I'll still check it out though.

Bit-Bit

Yo, these two shows look great.

I'll watch both but I'm pretty excited for Into the Badlands. We need more asians on tv being badasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom