• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. that's really the only issue i have with the show so far. i guess you could say she basically a clipper in training too though?

The way we've seen her fight, that doesn't seem like the case. Sure, she probably couldn't hold her own against the Widow or Sunny, but if memory serves she did wreck that head Clipper of another Baron a few episodes ago when the Widow made a bet that she'd win. I don't like when writers aren't consistent within the world they create.

The way we've seen her fight, that doesn't seem like the case. Sure, she probably couldn't hold her own against the Widow or Sunny, but if memory serves she did wreck that head Clipper of another Baron a few episodes ago when the Widow made a bet that she'd win. I don't like when writers aren't consistent within the world they create.

That wasn't the head clipper of another Baron that was just a random thug the Widow had her wreck to prove the thugs should join her.

The dude she killed was a Nomad. Some Nomads are runaway Cogs, some runaway Colts or Clippers. Basically their level of fighting skill varies widely. But the dude also severely underestimated Tilda whereas the Colt was trying full on to kill her.

Frog-fu

Banned
Man, this show anime as fuck but I love it.

I'm also calling BS on Tilda getting werked by that one-eared Colt. She supposed to be Mama's right hand. How she getting rocked like that. It wasn't like she was injured or something.

Also, Quinn, get fucked.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The finale is tonight!

Hand of Five Poisons

In the Season 1 finale, Sunny and M.K. fight to escape Quinn's grip once and for all. Meanwhile, the Baron's enemies conspire to take him down and change the Badlands forever.

jett

D-Member
So I've been watching this cuz I heard it had some good fighting choreography. And it does! Sunny is cool but I'm not much enthused about Kid Neo.

Anyway, two episodes I can't help but notice how few Asian characters there are in this intensely Asian-inspired world. You'd think this show would have more minority representation at least. Nope, all white people. And

Why aren't there guns btw? Did they run out of gunpowder? :p

jesu

So I've been watching this cuz I heard it had some good fighting choreography. And it does! Sunny is cool but I'm not much enthused about Kid Neo.

Anyway, two episodes I can't help but notice how few Asian characters there are in this intensely Asian-inspired world. You'd think this show would have more minority representation at least. Nope, all white people. And

Why aren't there guns btw? Did they run out of gunpowder? :p

Guns were banished.

They're with all the Asian people that taught the Firefly characters to swear in Chinese before disappearing from the universe.

Yeah, Ryder keeps setting himself up for quite the painful death.

Or maybe she set it up herself. That would be pretty slick if she set up poisoning herself

edit: beaten

Yeah, wasn't sure she had the guts.

Time to see how resourceful Lydia is. Feels like the only place she's got a shot is with the Widow right now.

Man I was just kidding about the super powerful monks but they are real lmao.

Does the Baron not know that without Sunny his entire army would get slaughtered? Well, I think he made a mistake tbh.

Nah, I don't believe her one bit. As soon as she gets the chance, she's dipping. That, or she becomes some badass super monk with a vengeance.

"Just know you'll always have a place here."

Yeah, Widow their only shot.

Baron that smooth operator.
Hope you're just playing along kid.

Damn, Ryder making them moves finally as expected.

Dude just wasted by the guy in the wheel-chair :D
Haha, he's been working with the Widow the whole time. Badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom