• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That finale was some serious OG kung fu. I'm guessing being trained by the monks will be good for M.K. in terms of learning to control his powers, but that preacher is obviously up to no good and his agenda can't be good news for M.K. But it worries me that next season may be separate plotlines for Sonny, M.K., and the Widow; I'm not usually a fan of "trying to put the gang back together" narratives.

I see a lot of people complain about the narrative, but I think it's a good mix of intrigue and action. The acting is much better than I thought it would be. I probably enjoyed it more than I did the last season of Walking Dead. I don't see how this couldn't be renewed, unless the budget is too big for the viewership they have.

blew through the whole season. man that was pretty damn fun.

the actor who plays MK is horrendous, everybody else is serviceable but damn that kid can't talk for shit lol.

man i really love sonny and the widow. definitely my favorite characters in this. the action scenes in here rock too, though I didn't like the last episode's fight nearly as much as the other ones. I hope we don't get too much of the supernatural fighting, it's not as badass as the stuff we've seen in the rest of the series.

props on an asian leading a successful tv show too.

Can't believe I slept on this show. My boy kept telling me to watch this, I just finished the last episode LAWD that was fantastic.

I like Halt Catch Fire and AMC keeps bringing that back so I have faith we'll see more of this universe.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
My only criticism is it's such an epic story set in a large world with lots of lore and stuff going on and we only got 6 episodes worth!

If next season is also only 6 episodes it's gonna be an annoyingly long haul journey.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
That was a really fun show. I just binged the first season. How did it do with critics/ratings? Is there a chance for a second season?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How did it do with critics/ratings?

The critical reception was mixed. The ones who were into kung fu movies seemed to enjoy it, but the others mostly disliked it (even though they probably would have eaten it up if it involved superheroes).

Ratings were good.

Is there a chance for a second season?

All signs point to a second season being a given, but they are taking a long time to announce it so there might be some weird behind the scenes stuff that we're not aware of that might change that.

AMC's TCA panel is tomorrow so we'll probably hear something then.

I watched through the whole series twice now. Once the first time with my sister and again with my dad, watching it all in one go; we all loved it.

For the love of all that is good and holy, please give me that 2nd season!

My heart can't handle that cliffhanger!

gwailo

Banned
Fight scenes were good, the story was pedestrian at best, the acting ranges from decent to atrocious (especially the kids). Would have made a decent movie if Stephen Fung directed it in Hong Kong - didn't really seem suited to a longer series.

Ledhead

YES! 10 episodes too is great. Now the wait begins (hope it's real early 2017)

Sucks that we need to wait a year, but I hope it will be worth it. The show was good, but had a lot of potential to get much better. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out

Mudcrab

Sweet! ITB just got renewed for a 10-episode season for 2017.

https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/707320707303272448

6w93ZjK.gif

Ended up buying the season and watched it about a month ago. Really liked it. The story and acting is whatever but those fights tho. So fucking good. Glad to see it's getting a second season.

Really curious why they bothered with the post-apocalyptic/guns were outlawed angle to explain away the guns though. I think it would have been better to just set it up as an alternate/fantasy world. The only reference I can remember to pre-apocalypse society is with the Bible but they don't do anything with it. I'm curious if they have some plans on that end for S2.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Sweet! ITB just got renewed for a 10-episode season for 2017.

Finally. Also, it's nice to hear that they're not going to try and rush it out for a 2016 premiere. The fight scenes take a long time to plan and film, and with 10 episodes in season 2, there's no way they could have it done before the end of the year.

IronRinn

The wait sucks but I'm sure the fight scenes will make it worth it. Wasn't too worried but still very glad to get confirmation of a second season.

yessss. 2017 makes for a long dry spell though. I hope that doesn't end up backfiring in the ratings. Sounds like they're committed to some decent-budget choreography for the fights though, if it'll take them that long to put a season together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom