• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands - Post-apocalyptic kung-fu meets steampunk western - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that just proves that Sunny is very powerful. For the love of buddha, they better not give him a second form. Just have Sunny be all skill without the need of supernatural powers. Leave that to M.K. and his weak ass.

Cung Le with dat Tiger style was badass. The 360 degree beating they gave Sunny was awesome as hell.

As it turns out, the Badlands isn't the baddest of them all and is probably the safest place in this world I assume.

There is a #RenewIntoTheBadlands hashtag on twitter right now. I don't know if it will actually help, but tweet it out. It couldn't hurt!

Awesome season finale! Great to see Cung Le and Mickey Facchinello go up against Daniel Wu, too. I hope this gets renewed!

just watched it!! Sonny No!!! damn I knew he was gonna lose that battle but he put up one hell of a fight! I'd say sonny is at least on par with a beginner "darkblood" user. At least he won't be killed where ever he's sold he'll fight his way out, Sonny was probably the strongest person in the badlands.

and damn now his girl is left all alone, maybe the man in the wheelchair will look after her

this show has to get renewed! it premiered better than Halt and Catch fire and Humans so it has to get at least another season!!!

Skyrim

Banned
Wow that fight scene did not disappoint. I'm glad they have this super power thing so we can get some crazy ass fight scenes.

I didn't even know Sunny's sword can go Darth Maul

Satisfying finale

When they formed Voltron on Sunny I was immediately transported back to my childhood, when I would watch karate movies on drive in theater on tv, then go outside and fight with my friends. Goosebumps!

And yeah, those fuckers hitting the quan had me crying! Great finale.

When they formed Voltron on Sunny I was immediately transported back to my childhood, when I would watch karate movies on drive in theater on tv, then go outside and fight with my friends. Goosebumps!

And yeah, those fuckers hitting the quan had me crying! Great finale.

LOL!! I personally thought they were doing the schmoney

Korigama

Damn, really wish Sunny didn't stop M.K. before he could get rid of Ryder's lame ass.

Crazy final battle with the trio of Dark Ones or whatever. I could've sworn the show was already renewed, but I would like more of it either way.

Oh man the old man nut punch, the double sword, the kung-fu death pyramid, what a great finale. Please be renewed.

Some off the politics stuff was clearly trying to be Game of Thrones lite, but who cares sick kung-fu fights.

I'll miss Quinn, dude was a great villian. Sonny's last words to him were perfect though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In terms of L+SD ratings, here's how AMC's scripted shows rank:

The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Better Call Saul
Into the Badlands
Hell on Wheels
Humans
Turn: Washington's Spies
Halt and Catch Fire

AMC typically doesn't cancel a show after its first season unless it's a complete disaster, ala Rubicon and Low Winter Sun, and Into the Badlands is definitely not a disaster, so I'm like 99% certain it will be renewed.

dabig2

Great finale and great boss fight at the end there.

I love this show and it's 99% due to it being anime as fuck.

Seriously, the last 6 Sundays have been particularly awesome thanks to this show and One Punch Man just being hype hype hype.

Just remember it took Supernatural monks to finally take Sonny down.

I'm just going to assume that Sonny, along with the Widow, were cleansed when they were young. Could you imagine Sonny with this broken supernatural power? And if he could control it? Dude would probably be as broken as Saitama in One Punch Man. Shit wouldn't even be fair.

Great finale and great boss fight at the end there.

I love this show and it's 99% due to it being anime as fuck.

Seriously, the last 6 Sundays have been particularly awesome thanks to this show and One Punch Man just being hype hype hype.

I'm just going to assume that Sonny, along with the Widow, were cleansed when they were young. Could you imagine Sonny with this broken supernatural power? And if he could control it? Dude would probably be as broken as Saitama in One Punch Man. Shit wouldn't even be fair.
I really would like to see Sunny and Widow regain their powers. And since this show is straight anime, you already know some even stronger, new crazy supernatural villain(s) would be introduced. The powerup cycle must happen!

And yo, One Punch Man is amazing. That fight in the last episode was ridiculous. I hope there's a season 2. I've started back reading the manga now too since it's done.

Ledhead

Damn, what a finale! The super saiyan trio were crazy. I REALLY hope we get another season. I figure it did alright raitings wise

IronRinn

In terms of L+SD ratings, here's how AMC's scripted shows rank:

The Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Better Call Saul
Into the Badlands
Hell on Wheels
Humans
Turn: Washington's Spies
Halt and Catch Fire

AMC typically doesn't cancel a show after its first season unless it's a complete disaster, ala Rubicon and Low Winter Sun, and Into the Badlands is definitely not a disaster, so I'm like 99% certain it will be renewed.

You just had to remind me of Rubicon, didn't you? Still not over them canceling that show.

DominoKid

i hope Quinn survives that stabbing somehow. need to see him get revenge on Rider plus he's just generally entertaining.

how is this not renewed yet for season 2?

At first I was thinking wow Sonny got wrecked, but after rewatching that scene I realized that those guys couldn't hang with Sonny before going SSj, God help us all if Sonny becomes a Dark One

Asbel

i hope Quinn survives that stabbing somehow. need to see him get revenge on Rider plus he's just generally entertaining.

how is this not renewed yet for season 2?
Yeah, Quinn was a clever manipulator. To replace him with that moron Rider would be a mistake.

Apoc29

There's something hilarious about a bunch of Shaolin monks cruising the desert in a pickup truck (probably) blasting gangsta rap.

There's something hilarious about a bunch of Shaolin monks cruising the desert in a pickup truck (probably) blasting gangsta rap.
We need a new version of this
tumblr_mkp82wJLwx1qaevado1_500.gif

lmao that episode was so damn weird and crazy. That trio had a finishing move for gods sake. This episode had a ton of forward momentum. It was all things entertaining and cheesy. Good time.

Can you imagine those 3 coming up with that move? So you get on my left arm and you on my right, then strike your pose...etc...

SO y'know that part where the three monks surround Sonny and then punch him simultaneously and repeatedly from three directions while moving around him?

Can anyone either recommend an anime or martial arts film where this sort of joint team fighting is also on display? Sure there are lots where groups attack one guy, but its more the synchronicity of their attacks I am interested in seeing more of.

lmao that episode was so damn weird and crazy. That trio had a finishing move for gods sake. This episode had a ton of forward momentum. It was all things entertaining and cheesy. Good time.

Can you imagine those 3 coming up with that move? So you get on my left arm and you on my right, then strike your pose...etc...
"Hey remember when we were young, and the elders were telling us stories about the legendary power rangers? How they made these formations to defeat their opponents? Yeah, we should work on something like that. You never know when it might come in handy!"

Or at least that's how I imagine it happened.

Asbel

SO y'know that part where the three monks surround Sonny and then punch him simultaneously and repeatedly from three directions while moving around him?

Can anyone either recommend an anime or martial arts film where this sort of joint team fighting is also on display? Sure there are lots where groups attack one guy, but its more the synchronicity of their attacks I am interested in seeing more of.

Y'all need to watch some Shaw Brothers' movies on Netflix. Classic kung fu. Chessy finishes. Awesome styles. I just watched Five Elements Ninjas, which was 1h 43 minutes long and felt like there was 1h 30 minutes of action.

Y'all need to watch some Shaw Brothers' movies on Netflix. Classic kung fu. Chessy finishes. Awesome styles. I just watched Five Elements Ninjas, which was 1h 43 minutes long and felt like there was 1h 30 minutes of action.

This is probably the movie I have re-watched the most in my life, I never get tired of it when I was younger I am gonna re-watch it tomorrow again thanks for reminding me about it!

And I was wondering what Cung Le was up to not too long ago since he left UFC and retired from MMA early this year. His cardio might have been poor but his striking was legit! I hope he has a bigger role next season that has actual dialogues. (He's the boss of those black eyes fellas that kidnapped MK)

Fucking MONKAZORD

If they do renew this show, I hope they lean heavily into the ridiculous fun stuff and drop all the shit in between. I so don't care about the story or the characters in this show. Like, the Baron's wife going back to her preacher dad and getting reinstated into the white cloak cult or whatever? Gawd I don't care. That could not be the tiniest bit less interesting to me. Like, holy shit, why would that even be a storyline in a show like this?

At the moment the show's like 80% garbage, 20% fantastic, and I'm probably still going to watch it as long as the fight scenes remain, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to mentally check out during the whole rest of the episode. Hopefully they'll take the opportunity to fill out the cast with some more interesting new characters for season 2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I didn't even know Sunny's sword can go Darth Maul

Wasn't shown until this episode. Explains why he carries two swords as well. That said, the monks didn't do anything for me. Double so when they landed ontop of the one monks arms. It's like "really, show?"

Jackson

This show is my biggest guilty pleasure and I can't wait for season 2.

Quinn is too big a character to fit. He'll be back.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

L+3 Ratings

Episode 1 - 8.2 million viewers and a 4.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 -
Episode 3 - 6.7 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - ?.? million viewers and a 1.7 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 3.6 million viewers and a ?.? A18-49 rating

Over its first five episodes, Into The Badlands averaged 5.7 million viewers and 3.4 million among adults 18-49.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom